It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of Fukushima health study : if you are happy, radiation will not hurt you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
That is some insane BS being spewed from those lying bastards of the nuke industry.

He ad of Fukushima health study: 100 mSv/yr OK for pregnant moms — “Effects of radiation do not come to people that are happy… They come to people that are weak-spirited”

The guy who's saying this :

AILEEN MIOKO SMITH: Yes, we’re very concerned that a health study is starting at the end of this month. This is concerning the effects of the Fukushima residents, on the prefectural citizens. It’s headed by a Dr. Shunichi Yama#a, who’s at the Atomic Bomb Research Institute. He’s the radiological health safety risk management adviser for the prefecture. He’s widely shown on national TV.

The insane starts there :

He speaks widely in the prefecture, always saying there’s absolutely no concern with the levels of radiation in Fukushima.

But this is nothing compared to this :

This doctor is quoted as saying, “The effects of radiation do not come to people that are happy and laughing. They come to people that are weak-spirited, that brood and fret.” This is a direct quote. And he’s heading the study. And so, the citizens in Fukushima are very concerned. [...]

That is CRAZY... what's next? If you shoot yourself in the head with a shotgun, if you believe you will live, you will survive? Not even crazy suicide bombers think they gonna survive when they blow themselves up!

Or even this :

He says that mothers, even mothers exposed to 100 millisieverts, pregnant mothers, will not have any effect, health effect. Remember the number 100. Compared to that, the Soviet Union required a mandatory evacuation during Chernobyl at five millisieverts.

And this guy will head the Fukushima health study? IS THIS A JOKE? Whoever gave him this job/diploma needs to get his butt kicked.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
That is some insane BS being spewed from those lying bastards of the nuke industry.

He ad of Fukushima health study: 100 mSv/yr OK for pregnant moms — “Effects of radiation do not come to people that are happy… They come to people that are weak-spirited”

The guy who's saying this :

AILEEN MIOKO SMITH: Yes, we’re very concerned that a health study is starting at the end of this month. This is concerning the effects of the Fukushima residents, on the prefectural citizens. It’s headed by a Dr. Shunichi Yama#a, who’s at the Atomic Bomb Research Institute. He’s the radiological health safety risk management adviser for the prefecture. He’s widely shown on national TV.

The insane starts there :

He speaks widely in the prefecture, always saying there’s absolutely no concern with the levels of radiation in Fukushima.

But this is nothing compared to this :

This doctor is quoted as saying, “The effects of radiation do not come to people that are happy and laughing. They come to people that are weak-spirited, that brood and fret.” This is a direct quote. And he’s heading the study. And so, the citizens in Fukushima are very concerned. [...]

That is CRAZY... what's next? If you shoot yourself in the head with a shotgun, if you believe you will live, you will survive? Not even crazy suicide bombers think they gonna survive when they blow themselves up!

Or even this :

He says that mothers, even mothers exposed to 100 millisieverts, pregnant mothers, will not have any effect, health effect. Remember the number 100. Compared to that, the Soviet Union required a mandatory evacuation during Chernobyl at five millisieverts.

And this guy will head the Fukushima health study? IS THIS A JOKE? Whoever gave him this job/diploma needs to get his butt kicked.

The scariest thing about posts like this is, most of americans will believe it..

You know them,

Same people that watch reality/Idol/Royal Wedding/Crap BS!!

Then they all feel safe from now on...

Good luck people...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
LMAO what a joke. I remember shortly after the incident happened back in march one of the MSM stations, pretty sure it was Fox had Anne Coulture on spewing the same garbage saying that radiation was actually good for you.

So after all the decades of being told radiation was one of the worst things on earth to be exposed too now they turn it around and all of a sudden radiation is actually good for you........if you need cancer or a third arm. I mean come on who can say that and keep a straight face.

IMO the study that is being done is just am exercise in futility and no matter what data they collect they will skew they numbers to make it sound like things aren't as bad as they are, i put no faith whatsoever in any government "investigation".

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is so surreal.

Just...what the hell...what the hell else is there to say? Who can be notified of this? Who can get this 'doctor' jailed?

What in the world is going on in Japan? It's like all of these officials have gone into shock and aren't coming out of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Lets make mr happy himself go work there for a couple of weeks then and see if he is still laughing boy then?, If people really belive this BS then they need to go work there aswell for a few weeks, this is beyond a bloody joke.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Wow!? He is right and wrong at the same time. From a medical standpoint, his remarks are off the charts in their lunacy. Massive doses of radiation will kill any living organisms, and that is a fact! So, anyone can think happy thoughts and sing around the campfire all they want in a radioactive environment, but sooner or later the Grim Reaper will be knocking on their door. I'm hoping that his statement is a result of an inaccurate translation?

At the very least, he had ought to hold another press conference and retract his initial statement. On the flip side, he is right about people not brooding and fretting about the situation at Fukushima, because that is not going to help matters in the slightest. The people of Japan and the world are dealing with a "Dog and Pony Show," orchestrated by Tepco and the Japanese government about situation at the embattled reactor in Fukushima. It is of no use to anyone to cause a stir or mass panic. The situation is serious as all hell, but going out of their way to heighten the seriousness of it could be disastrous. People are already on pins and needles dealing the tsunami recovery. Still, his statement is quite irresponsible and dangerous for those caught in the path of devastation caused by the damaged reactor. What a mess!
edit on 12-6-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What can I say except,

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What kind of shi+ is that ? I mean come on and cut me some slack

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Whats next telling us to feed our children asbestos to help them grow or start rubbing acid in your eyes to see better
the most amazing thing is that the majority of people in Japan believe nonsense like this and are just going about their business thinking everything is fine and that hard work and letting the government lies wash over them will save the day. Even an well educated friend of mine who has lived in Japan believes the bull# and has moved closer to Tokoyo I have told him repeatidly to get home and that if he stays he will get cancer or worse. I used to really respect the Japanese and wanted to visit but now I think they are the biggest country of sheeple going.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
And if you are in love you can walk through a hail of bullets and come out the otherside smelling like a rose sprinkled with chocolate.

I will never write "second line", never, ever, even if you bring me to my knees, please.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Aleister because: added

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Whats next telling us to feed our children asbestos to help them grow or start rubbing acid in your eyes to see better
the most amazing thing is that the majority of people in Japan believe nonsense like this and are just going about their business thinking everything is fine and that hard work and letting the government lies wash over them will save the day. Even an well educated friend of mine who has lived in Japan believes the bull# and has moved closer to Tokoyo I have told him repeatidly to get home and that if he stays he will get cancer or worse. I used to really respect the Japanese and wanted to visit but now I think they are the biggest country of sheeple going.
Some of you probably ate asbestos, remember I know some of y'all snacked on those lead paint chips!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Few people (if any) at ATS can fathom the BS and deception coming out of Japan about this disaster.
This is 3 out of 6 reactors that have suffered a 'melt through' into the ground, the ocean, and probably the water table.

But, you have to wonder how people can live on a little blue ball and be totally oblivious and/or ignorant of the environment they live in.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This one is over the Top !

This guy should be prosecuted for murder, i mean how many morons will believe him.

What is that pseudo science : If i am happy i will not be irradiated ??? this is so dumb, so insane

AILEEN MIOKO SMITH ---> Do us a favor, prove your point by happily walking around the Fukushima Plant for a while with a smile in your face.

I am ubber filled with crap

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

OK, so when he was in his atomic weapons role, was he saying to his government "Carry on investing your billions in bomb research, but, oh, by the way, they may not kill quite as many of your enemy as our scientists told you, it depends how happy or worried your targets are that day, and your scientists couldn't tell you that - believe me though, I am above science"...?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PjZ101
LMAO what a joke... Fox had Anne Coulture on spewing the same garbage saying that radiation was actually good for you.

So after all the decades of being told radiation was one of the worst things on earth to be exposed too now they turn it around and all of a sudden radiation is actually good for you........if you need cancer or a third arm. I mean come on who can say that and keep a straight face?

IMO the study that is being done is just an exercise in futility and no matter what data they collect they will skew their numbers to make it sound like things aren't as bad as they are. I put no faith whatsoever in any government "investigation".

Greetings:

... who can say that and keep a straight face?

19 May 2011
At this time, there is no public health threat in the U.S. related to radiation exposure. FDA, together with other agencies, is carefully monitoring any possibility for distribution of radiation to the United States.

At this time, theoretical models do not indicate that significant amounts of radiation will reach the U.S. coast or affect U.S. fishing waters.
source

Perhaps this will interest you also:

23 April 2011
Japan Nuclear Iodine Radiation In San Francisco Milk Over 2600% Above EPA Drinking Water Limit
source

10 May 2011
Hawaii Farmers Treating Milk With Boron After Finding Radiation 2400 Times Above Safe Levels

source

This was around the same time that the EPA stopped Fukushima nuclear radiation tests on milk, drinking water and rainwater saying the levels of radiation were constantly dropping and posed no health risks.

EPA officials, however, [color=limegreen]refused to answer questions or make staff members available to explain the exact location and number of monitors, or the levels of radiation, if any, being recorded at existing monitors in California.

Margot Perez-Sullivan, a spokeswoman at the EPA’s regional headquarters in San Francisco, said the agency’s written statement would stand on its own.

IMHO, these people theoretically work for we, the people, and this type of behavior should not be tolerated!

Where are those people that actually are aware (and care)?

From the lackluster response to many threads dealing with this subject, one might surmise that there are not enough of us - or that we are not connecting in a collective voice to shout from the rooftops:

America's Being Nuked - Can we Together Stop the Madness?

In the unlikely scenario that pollutants could affect fish that have traveled to the U.S., FDA will work with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to test seafood caught in those areas. Together, FDA and NOAA will also inspect facilities that process and sell seafood from those areas.

The FDA has claimed that there is no need to test Pacific fish for Japan nuclear radiation reports the Anchorage Daily News but when drilled on details by the reporter, the FDA [color=limegreen]refused to answer questions and gave the reporter the run-around.

The FDA says there will be no testing of fish until NOAA testing finds cause for alarm but NOAA [color=limegreen]refuses to answer questions on what kind of monitoring has been done.
source

25 April 2011
New EPA Radiation Tests Show Cesium in California Rainwater at Highest Level Since Crisis Began
source

3 May 2011
Hot Radioactive Particles in Seattle at 50% of Levels Seen in Tokyo
source

OK... 50% of what? Are we, the people, to be the least bit alarmed? Do the EPA and FDA have the best interests of the American people at the forefront of decision-making? Are we really screwed? Does anyone read this? Does anyone care?

Interesting. As we write this, David Morrison (NASA mouthpiece) is in the History Channel talking about ELE's - specifically doomsday asteroids (1,100 1 kilometer or larger). 6,000 to one odds. (More on this buffoon in Cometgate2).

Space Guard Survey promoted heavily as a "... not to worry, feel good" piece. (Bangs head on desk and reaches for Vice-Grips).

But we digress. Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

3 April 2011
140,000 Times More Iodine-131 Released at Fukushima Than Three Mile Island… Using March 22 Estimates
source

3 May 2011
Radiation In US Food Will Be Nationwide Problem, Not Just Regional, From Fukushima Nuclear Radioactive Fallout
source

3 June 2011
5.77 microsieverts per hour of radiation measured near Tokyo at ground level — Government “is desperately trying to keep it quiet...”
source

And from our friend Alexander Higgins:

U.S. Radiation Map

Updated With Real Time EPA RadNet Japan Nuclear Radiation Monitoring For Every Major City In America On A Single Page

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I really don't know whether to laugh or cry about this, positive thinking is a good thing but there are limits to what is and isn't possible

I'm starting to wonder (for the first time) whether there's any truth to this whole 2012 stuff. Are TPTB just marking time and trying to keep us sedated and ignorant until the time comes when they're tucked safely away in their bunkers before the masses find out an chaos ensues

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If 1 looks out the box on this....... Then generating happiness is a form of positive energy and negative etc. Energy, energy from radiation is charged, No? So again out the box thinking on this, good vibrations within may help to overcome. Sorta like mind over matter but with scientific data to somewhat help direct the understanding. 1 does'nt know tho it could be signs of human evolution again? So much going on these days.

Be Well
Love Light Eternia
edit on 6/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
just the normal 'blame the victim' routine.

let the guy who spouts that BS get his 100mSv dose within an hour by helping out at the plant. hey any dedicated scientist should be willing to self-experiment!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
just the normal 'blame the victim' routine.

let the guy who spouts that BS get his 100mSv dose within an hour by helping out at the plant. hey any dedicated scientist should be willing to self-experiment!

the thing is LongLance the scientist you speak of may not of been early exposed to the entire situation as many of those poor people have. The people of Japan who went thru it close up experienced the disaster,fear energy-accept energy by accepting the harm and then not giving up. Then regather energy self explanatory. Then OVERCOME energy. Recharging their souls internally effecting their 3d bodies from inside. This combinations of energy 1 just explained would have to be experienced by the said scientist in which you speak.

Be Well

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

hearing that song always makes me happy!
thanks for the reminder!

it's hard to stay positive through all this, and the governments of our world keep suppressing the intensity in which this disaster is. we are smarter than that

edit on 12-6-2011 by lurker007 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join