It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To: ATS OWNER/MODS: Please remove Teenwolf Advertising...Thanks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Really...

Seeing all of this teenwolf *SNIP* is making me want to vomit..

Seriously...

I would really appreciate it...

Thanks again...

edit on 6-12-2011 by Springer because: DON'T try to circumvent our vulgar language censor.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldave

I havn't seen this ad, are they remaking teenwolf, one of my favorite movies of the 80's. I hope not.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Adverts, What adverts ?

I see no adverts

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I only see it on the home page,not really an issue if you ask me,maybe the op can sponsor the site with his own $$$$$$$ then the site owners would not need teen wolfs cash,

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
C'mon MetalDave just pretend its Bark at the Moon and think of Ozzie

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Thanks for that, I never give any attention to the home page......I just go straight to Recent Posts.

And I agree with the rest of your post, this is a non-issue.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I know, I know

It's a stupid simple request...

I have been used to ad's forever...
But,

Have you seen how MANY advertisements of teenwolf are on the main pages???

As you scroll down...???

Insane!!!

Guess I will have to suffer just like TV commercials...

BTW...
Last dude to post, his name is Ozzy, & I think i'm gonna slam a disc in with Randy on it & rockout right after I get done listening to "Pain: You Only Live Twice"- Rockin' album
!!

So, good idea bro, thanks man...

Peace
MD

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I understand this website needs to make money off of ads as do all websites. "Teenwolf" however is not something that woud appeal to the people that visit this website. It would be like showing a pokeman ad to 60 year olds.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

They only ads that annoy me are the ones that expand out over the page when you run your mouse over them..
That theme park ad was sooo annoying.

So Owners if you are listening.. make your money.. but if you don't make a substantial amount more on the mouse over, expanding ads trash that stuff.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I hate those ads that pop up on some websites and drop down every time you scroll down (Or up. Which ever.). The only way to get rid of em is by clicking on a usually small 'x' or 'close' in one of the corners. Sometimes I miss and end up click on the ad itself. Which I'm sure they hope most people will do. I also hate those ads that flash constantly or automatically plays audio.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldave
I know, I know

It's a stupid simple request...

I have been used to ad's forever...
But,

Have you seen how MANY advertisements of teenwolf are on the main pages???

As you scroll down...???

Insane!!!

Guess I will have to suffer just like TV commercials...

BTW...
Last dude to post, his name is Ozzy, & I think i'm gonna slam a disc in with Randy on it & rockout right after I get done listening to "Pain: You Only Live Twice"- Rockin' album
!!

So, good idea bro, thanks man...

Peace
MD

I see it once on the main page, that I never go to anyways.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shawny2222

Yeah sometimes they put that little close or X button on the left side instead of the traditional and subconsciously programmed right hand side that we are used to.
Im thankful I don't deal with any of those types of ads here.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I agree. It's the only ad for days now on the main page. It also blocks the second link to popular/most active headlines. Yes, I am aware that the headlines are listed other places, it's just a bit much to see it all over. Also, agree with others, it just doesn't fit the main demographic here, most of us are too old for a Twilight-like MTV teen series based on an 80s movie.
edit on 12-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: fixed

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I wonder if this thread is the reason I'm no longer seeing the ads? Do the owners and mods really listen to member requests?
Well at any rate I have flagged this and would have starred as I was getting the same vomitous feeling every time I saw the ads as well. I think its because its a close up of crappy cgi images. Meh.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If it bothers you why not just go to a different page?

If you read the ad it says that it is a sponsor of the Crypto forum on ATS. So I can see why they would have an ad for it on here even if it MTV related, it's a sponsor of the forum, or so that is how I understand that when I read it.

Teen Wolf being redone by MTV annoys me. It doesn't need to be redone for teens. Can't we adults in our 30s have something that is ours that isn't redone to death for the teens!!

OT they are redoing Goonies for those who dont like the Teen Wolf remake.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

noooooooooooooooooooooo dont redo goonies they will ruin it!!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I don't care what they have to advertize, times are tough. Roll with it.
edit on 6/13/2011 by Tarnished Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
websites need to have some advertising.

It seems like ATS doesn't have too much ads...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hollywood is out of ideas. All recent and future hollywood movies follow this simple formula:

1. Find old movie that was popular
2. Remake old movie, with "hot" teenagers and 20-somethings for all the character roles, no matter what the age of the character in the original movie - gotta go after that teenybopper demographic!
3. Profit!
EDIT: I almost forgot: Have brief cameo of any old-fart that was in the original movie. Cameo role should be as unflattering as possible.

Oh and don't forget their old standby:
1. Pick random comic book character.
2. Make live-action blockbuster.
3. Throw canon out the window, gotta have more explosions, boobs, and humor.
4. Profit!
edit on 13-6-2011 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

All mainstream media will eventually die. The sooner the better. Seriously. Their model is old and sclerotic, we are watching the whole shebang go up in smoke, like the last days of vaudiville or big-time opera or something...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join