It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sounds during Skype

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I use Skype to teach ESL...

the real question is...how is Microsoft going to mess it up?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
MS could finaly fix this Echelon stuff so it won't be heard anymore

Originally posted by Pankaka
Sorry guys, no one is getting tapped. You are just paranoid.
Skype has 21 million users and if someone would want people to get tapped then they would need to tap 1 million + users and all of their conversations which range from 10 minutes to 4 hours and people make several calls each day.
There is just a problem with one of the callers microphone which is pretty common.

I hope you were right. The fun is that you don't need milion people to do it. You don't need to tape all of it. Software will do the dirty work, tape only interresting stuff and than rank such person in a chart. I'm propably not enough paranoid, not enough cautious. I've met such SIGINT system in the army so I know it is not only real but actually common and simple.

Thanks everyone for comming around and for all your posts. Stars for you all (if you care)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
So hey, yesterday I've got some common speak on Skype with my cousine in Canada and at the moment I said a few key-words like America, Collapse, Euro, China, Russia,$, and finaly "new world order". I've started to realize such "sshhh-sshhh-sshhh-..." like cicadas or birds. So I've asked him if he hear it too and when he confirmed he does, after a while I've heard such tiny "BEEP" and it was over. I know this is nothing special. Many times I actually heard even voices. (I wonder how it is even possible with digital - not analog signal) However I wanna know if you have some similar experience or explanations. You know I don't care much this time but next time should I better watch my mouth? Was I recorded? Should I get a rid of Skype?

We're you under the assumption that you actually had privacy and such key-words would not alert the big computer? Would you like a little sarcasm with your freedom fries? Too late.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaidDisinfoAgent
We're you under the assumption that you actually had privacy and such key-words would not alert the big computer? Would you like a little sarcasm with your freedom fries? Too late.

You think I live in US, don't you? Man I live in free country (Czech Rep.) so no anxiety attack here. Like I said I don't care much. I'm just curious.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that it is tapped. Through such programs as Project Echalon and the Patriot Act, Big Brother can pretty much do as they want.

Although, It could be a power surge or your power adapter. I don't know why, but sometimes when I conduct interviews, I will hear something very similar. Its usually my power cable to my laptop, so I will unplug it when I do my interviews to help keep the sound clear.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
reply to post by dreamingawake

I know it all is being monitored but in such amateurish way that we can hear it? Or "they" wanna be heard? It's funny.

One word for you "Microsoft''.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

I seriously doubt what you are talking about is related to issues with SKYPE and doubt you are being targeted. ATS Live broadcasts via Skype and we discuss ALL topics that are here on ATS. Fact is, Skype is flawed and has issues. Period. We have issues on it too....but it is due to crappy technology - not "key words" that are being said.
edit on June 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join