It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry Issues National Call to Prayer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I wonder...will Rick Perry be saying a prayer, asking forgiveness for his decision to force Texas school girls to take the HPV vaccine? This man is vile folks!

Bypassing the Legislature altogether, Republican Gov. Rick Perry issued an order Friday making Texas the first state to require that schoolgirls get vaccinated against the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer.

By employing an executive order, Perry sidestepped opposition in the Legislature from conservatives and parents’ rights groups who fear such a requirement would condone premarital sex and interfere with the way Texans raise their children.

Beginning in September 2008, girls entering the sixth grade — meaning, generally, girls ages 11 and 12 — will have to receive Gardasil, Merck & Co.’s new vaccine against strains of the human papillomavirus, or HPV.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Also of interest from the same article:

Perry tied to Merck
Perry has ties to Merck and Women in Government. One of the drug company’s three lobbyists in Texas is Mike Toomey, Perry’s former chief of staff. His current chief of staff’s mother-in-law, Texas Republican state Rep. Dianne White Delisi, is a state director for Women in Government.

The governor also received $6,000 from Merck’s political action committee during his re-election campaign.

The order is effective until Perry or a successor changes it, and the Legislature has no authority to repeal it, said Perry spokeswoman Krista Moody. Moody said the Texas Constitution permits the governor, as head of the executive branch, to order other members of the executive branch to adopt rules like this one.

Legislative aides said they are looking for ways around the order for parents who oppose it.

This is a BIG indicator as to how Perry would handle business in Washington....corporate sellout, circumventing the will of the people, etc...

and this is the reason my daughter does not attend public schools in Texas. She can get it when 1) it has been tested for an appropriate amount of time and 2) when it IS the APPROPRIATE TIME.

Perry was definitely in someones pocket on this jack boot Nazi executive order. No doubt at all this was bought by Merck. And the real kicker is that my insurance would not pay for the (then) 300.00$+ vaccine.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Rick Perry huh?

Gov Good Hair....

He is just as rotten as them all wether you like obama or bush.

He's been pillaging Texas for quite some time now, making himself and his friends very rich.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I for one will certainly be praying on National Prayer day. I'll be praying that the Good Lord takes pity on corrupt asshats like Pretty Boy Perry and grants him some common sense and capacity to act on it instead of letting
his corporate managers call the shots.

edit on 12-6-2011 by whaaa because: i0i

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Just as a note, I posted a thread last year
about the NC Gov. Beverly Perdue doing
the same exact thing.

Well look at how THAT turned out. Any positive examples of what changed?

well I'm still breathing
so I guess it didn't hurt none

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
The man could worm inside a whale's asshole just by walking by the ocean.

Quote of the day, if not the week.

I have no problem with someone calling for prayer, even as a public official. What I have a problem with is someone like Rick Perry doing it. I have about as much faith in his faith in God as I have in unicorn farts. He's a fake and thinking Texans know it.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I liked hearing Perry at the FTW RP R3volution Rally but also got my attention for the emergency bill that was just passed which shows a valuable trend in one of the weightier matters with regards to loving neighbor and worth a mention as well was the little girl at the entry gate at that same Tea Party, still get chills just thinking about it

keeping in mind mistakes I've made, learned from and forgiveness

reply to post by pplrnuts

actually He is invisible though there is an Angel that is not

a little education always helps in matters commented on-

the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. -1Timothy1

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature -Colossians1

for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. -Hebrews11
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 12-6-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
RELATED: (A couple months back)

Texas Gov. Declares 'Pray for Rain' Days

Reaction to the move has been mixed. “Rick Perry Says to Pray for Rain (to the God Who’s Causing the Drought)” reads one snarky headline from a Houston Press blog.

www.newser.com...

Originally posted by proximo
Am I alone in being disturbed by this?

Nope I agree. And to add even more hypocrisy the tool is rumored to have Political aspirations and in the past has championed Texas seceding from US.

edit on 12-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
wen will people see that the religious fanatics in n america are as dangerous as the religious fanatics in the muslim world?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The Country is in a repression (to say it nicely) and it's only getting worse.
This Governor is not asking for "whites only" to pray in August as one poster couldn't help but bring race into something that has nothing to do with race

We need someone to step up and Lead, we need a Leader. Is it Governor Perry? I have no idea but I do prefer someone stepping up in a positive direction versus a community organizer who bows to other leaders in other countries!

I don't know much about this Governor but I do know we will soon go to bed with our country one way and wake up with it much different and this is no longer conspiracy theory or negative thinking.

This is our reality.

edit on 13-6-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
"God" did not create the economic and other woes affecting the US and other countries, greedy men did. Praying for things to change is not going to make the slightest bit of difference... when did it ever do so?

This is nothing more than pandering to a voting demographic. If he is serious about a run for the top dog post, then look for him to make the obligatory visit to Israel (or has he already got that one out of the way?) to get the approval of the Knesset and promise to support his masters!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Perry declared, “America is in crisis: we have been besieged by financial debt, terrorism, and a multitude of natural disasters.

Frankly I don't care how or what we have to do in order to get the subject of our financial crisis addressed! It's a monster that has eaten us alive and we are currently existing on waxed candy-like play money. We are currently existing on illusion and not reality.

This is very scary and I hate it that Congress, Senate and our community organizer are at such odds but I guess that's what's needed to go for the kill and to put us into a state of chaos and a prison-like system.

Who is in the best interest of The People? The People not the spoiled brat so called public servants!

If we did business like the government did, we'd be in jail! I say hurrah for anyone who brings our financial crisis at the forefront.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
We need someone to step up and Lead, we need a Leader. Is it Governor Perry? I have no idea but I do prefer someone stepping up in a positive direction versus a community organizer who bows to other leaders in other countries!

I don't know much about this Governor but I do know we will soon go to bed with our country one way and wake up with it much different and this is no longer conspiracy theory or negative thinking.

This is our reality.

edit on 13-6-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

No, I can assure you it isn't Gov Good Hair. Isn't this the exact same thinking that put Obama in office? He bows to coporate money, and in my opinion he's using religion to get ahead in politics.............You admittedly know nothing about the man, but you are willing to put our fate in his hands?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinnerarity

You admittedly know nothing about the man, but you are willing to put our fate in his hands?

I'm Pro getting the issue of our country's financial crisis at least on the same "to-do" list as Weiner and Palin are on.

Anyone who chooses to make it an issue has my attention. No one has my vote because it's far too early to decide and there really isn't anyone who I think is real, lol... well except Congressman Allen West but he isn't running

The bottom line is we are being distracted in the mist of a very scary collapse of our economy.

It sucks that people can't see past their nose long enough to get past the "call to prayer" to see what the call is seriously about.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You admittedly know nothing about the man, but you are willing to put our fate in his hands?

I'm Pro getting the issue of our country's financial crisis at least on the same "to-do" list as Weiner and Palin are on.

Anyone who chooses to make it an issue has my attention. No one has my vote because it's far too early to decide and there really isn't anyone who I think is real, lol... well except Congressman Allen West but he isn't running

The bottom line is we are being distracted in the mist of a very scary collapse of our economy.

It sucks that people can't see past their nose long enough to get past the "call to prayer" to see what the call is seriously about.

Thanks

Seriously along the lines of PT Barnum, my friend. My long nose has been putting up with the stench of hair gel since Bush left the governor's office. Been there. Done it. Not "guessing" from the internet.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So who would please you enough that you would find yourself focusing on the issue of our dire economic state?
Agreeing with a subject doesn't mean you have to submit to the speaker.

Mr Good Hair is at least doing something other than eating chilli dogs and golfing creating "non-wars" and telling other dictators how to run their country.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So who would please you enough that you would find yourself focusing on the issue of our dire economic state?
Agreeing with a subject doesn't mean you have to submit to the speaker.

Mr Good Hair is at least doing something other than eating chilli dogs and golfing creating "non-wars" and telling other dictators how to run their country.

You're right! He has been busy doing GOOD THINGS by FORCING Gardisil vaccines into 11 year old girls arms or refusing to let them go to school by executive order contrary to the beliefs of the people. I'm sure his motives are entirely pure!

He's a wolf in sheeps clothing. He left the chili dogs and greens behind about 2 seconds before he started thinking about being pres.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You are being too harsh. Some of you kind of act like using government time and money for Rick to get others together to help him talk to his imaginary friend and ask for magic is not the most amazingly perfect thing anyone can do. Maybe if Obama would spend more time publicly talking to imaginary friends to ask for magic, this country would be fixed by now.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't agree with what he is forcing onto the people as you have mentioned and I have no doubt the other candidates will be ready and willing to make it well known when the time comes.

In the meantime, we are still in an economic crisis and our unemployment is lasting longer than it did in the great depression.

I can see past the speaker to see the subject. I don't have to give the speaker anything just because he is right about this crisis except the fact he is correct about this crisis.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
wen will people see that the religious fanatics in n america are as dangerous as the religious fanatics in the muslim world?

that's a good one, caviar with that anyone?

Michael White, writing for the Twentieth Century Atlas, has compiled an intriguing list of body counts, attributable to the worst known acts of war, and other human atrocities, dating back to the fall of Rome. I will venture to briefly list them here by count and century:

55 million, Second World War (20C); 40 million, under Mao Zedong (20C); 40 million, Mongol Conquests(13C); 36 million, An Lushan Revolt(8C); 25 million, Fall of the Ming Dynasty(17C); 20 million, Taiping Rebellion(19C); 20 million, toll of American Indians, (15C-19C), 20 million, under Joseph Stalin(20C); 19 million, Mideast Slave Trade(7C-19C); 18 million, Atlantic Slave Trade(15C-); 17 million, Islamic Conquest of India(14C-15C); 17 million, British India(19C); 15 million, First World War(20C); 9 million, Russian Civil War(20C); 9 million, Hindu Thuggee cult killings(13C-19C); 8 million, Fall of Rome(3C-5C); 8 million, Congo Free State(19C – 20C); 7 million, Thirty Years War(17C); 5 million, Russia's Time of Troubles(16C-17C), 4 million, Napoleonic Wars(19C); 3 million, Chinese Civil War(20C); 3 million, French Wars of Religion(16C).

Taken all together, we have 401 million deaths over nearly 2000 years of war and barbarism. Just for the sake of argument, let’s add another 10%, or 40 million, to cover margins of error, and other wars. This would bring our total to 441 million deaths over the last 20 centuries.

Now, what about abortion? At the low end of the Guttmacher scale, even if we ignore all abortions done prior to 1980 when accurate numbers are a little more difficult to ascertain, abortion accounts for more than twice the number of deaths by war! In just the last 25 years, the ghastly toll for abortion has totaled over 900 million dead babies. Taking the more probable mean average, the toll rises to well over 1 billion babies; or nearly three times the amount of deaths due to war.
www.covenantnews.com...

This is an incomplete listing of some very bad things that happened before the 20th Century. I've scoured the history books and collected most of the major atrocities that anyone has bothered to enumerate.However, just because an event is missing from these pages doesn't mean that it wasn't very bloody..Maybe the 20th Century really was more barbaric than previous centuries (as some people say), but you'll need more complete statistics to prove it. [n.1]
necrometrics.com...

Body Count of the Roman Empire
•(Extremely Preliminary and Debatable) TOTAL:
◦All Punic Wars: 1.0M
◦Gladiators: 1.0M
◦Slave Wars (Servile Wars): 1.0M
◦Cimbri-Teutoni War: 0.3M
◦Social War: 0.3M
◦Mithridatic Wars: ca. 0.5M
◦Gallic War: 1.0M
◦Juleo-Claudian Paranoia: 0.028M
◦Jewish Wars: 0.4M
◦Boudica's Revolt: 0.15M
◦Decline and Fall: 7.0M
◦TOTAL: over 13.0M
necrometrics.com...

Total War Dead Throughout History
I haven't the foggiest, but here's an interesting essay on the subject: The Great "War Figures" Hoax: an investigation in polemomythology rint.rechten.rug.nl...

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.'

I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when saw her I marveled with great amazement.

and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. -Revelation
www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm glad he did this...

I'm gonna pray he doesn't run!!!

Just what we need, another Bilderburger-approved Neo Con...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join