It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO story ‘Area 51’ crashes and burns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
UFO story ‘Area 51’ crashes and burns

"Area 51, out in Nevada and next door to the primary U.S. nuclear weapons test site at Yucca Flats, has long been a magnet for UFO obsessives. It’s in the middle of nowhere, and it’s top secret, two good reasons why the suspicious might be attracted to its operations.

Throw in decades of classified CIA research and development on overhead reconnaissance technology, including the U-2 and A-12 spy planes and the earliest unmanned aerial vehicles, and its reputation as a place where strange technologies grow seems justified.

Annie Jacobsen, a Los Angeles-based independent journalist, does an adequate if error-ridden job of reporting on these black-budget projects in “Area 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military Base,” using the classic investigative method of interviewing dozens and dozens of worker bees from engineers to security guards and piecing their stories together.

this soviet area 51 connection smelled funny to me from the get go. why would a journalist report something like this?

please delete or close if this already has been posted. sorry if thats the case. i did search but found nothing.
edit on 12-6-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

REMINDER:
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on June 13th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well cant say im surprised. BTW Kansas article cool im from Kansas the weird place with weather. ha ha
Any one else here from Kansas?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

I remember seeing her on The Daily Show or something. It seemed a likely put up job to me at the time also.
She seemed all to eager present her book as the final nail in the issue to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
the russians are not smart enough for a project like this
pluss if i was going to use a flying disc to put the country on edge
why not fly it into the city worked on 9/11
those planes hit the twins and the american people screamed for ther freedom to
be sacraficed for security .... its more disinfo
edit on 12-6-2011 by EDL2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I do find these authors who have no idea what they are writing about amazingly funny. Sure, she may have interviewed numerous employees from the Area 51 base but what exactly are they going to tell her? I haven't done any research on the author but from what I seen of the book and general comments on the lady she's not exactly 'known' amongst the ufology community. Its a well known fact that if you've ever worked at a top secret base or in a top secret job you keep what you've seen and heard to yourself - these former employees are likely to have told her very little in the way of the truth. There are probably many members on this forum that have worked for the government and military or that work in jobs where being vague towards outsiders is the norm. I'd imagine these former employees were, indeed, vague.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I heard her interview on NPR and she was either running cover or misinformed as I happen to know that OSI continues to staff this base that she claimed has been shut down.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Actually, for the most part they were perfectly frank. All of the projects she talks about have been declassified, so there is no need to maintain absolute secrecy about them. Mostly they are anecdotes about camping out under the stars by night and working on aircraft by day. It's not like they provided her with schematics to the latest ECM technology. The Soviet "alien hoax" is pure BS. I'm just not sure whether she made it up herself or if some engineer with a wicked sense of humor decided to pull her leg.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by krossfyter

I remember seeing her on The Daily Show or something. It seemed a likely put up job to me at the time also.
She seemed all to eager present her book as the final nail in the issue to me.

yeh that wreaked of fish from where I was sitting from the get go. What a trick.

new topics

top topics

join