It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing Increasing NOISE POLLUTION??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me but I noticed an increase of 2000 watt auto sound systems blasting on the street, and loud loud backyard party.

And as i type this, it's 2am and the Catholic church across the street has a party (guess they rent it out) with house-shaking bass blastin. Jeepers!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Quiet night here.

Maybe contact your local authorities, then again calling the cops to a church might be a bit weird.
edit on 12-6-2011 by TSearchX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What the...? Stop using this board for petty complaining.

On the real, has anyone noticed and been hearing high pitched frequencies? All kinds, different ranges, possibly scrambling your perspective and motives... Just a thought... I'm serious, they do exist.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

It's called tinnitus.....look it up

Tinnitus

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSearchX
Quiet night here.

Maybe contact your local authorities, then again calling the cops to a church might be a bit weird.
edit on 12-6-2011 by TSearchX because: (no reason given)

I see a problem with this. This is the typical response to loud noise, and it I think that's the wrong way to handle it. What ever happened to walking over and asking them to turn it down without having to call the cops? I keep regular check on local law enforcement, and it really bogs them down every night to have to respond to upwards of seventeen calls for noise. I don't see why asking them, at least once, to turn the noise down is a problem. Maybe that's just the area I live in though.

As far as the OP talking about more loud noise pollution, I'd have to say I've noticed more people blaring iPods and Headphones more than anything. It's as though they're trying to see who can go deaf first!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

I have.
I recently noticed that went the TV is on, there's a weird very faint echoing sound.
Its on all the channels, not just TSN.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Just get some ear plugs but i'm sure it would suck sleeping with something in your ears ..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
What the...? Stop using this board for petty complaining.

On the real, has anyone noticed and been hearing high pitched frequencies? All kinds, different ranges, possibly scrambling your perspective and motives... Just a thought... I'm serious, they do exist.

Sure, Noise Pollution is some petty easily dismissed rant, aint it?
As for 'resting' noise and tinnitus, I experienced that when I was on prescription drug Inderal for migraines. Also, diet soda used to cause that for me (aspartame?)

interesting wiki facts about noise pollution:

. Noise pollution can cause annoyance and aggression, hypertension, high stress levels, tinnitus, hearing loss, sleep disturbances, and other harmful effects. Furthermore, stress and hypertension are the leading causes to health problems, whereas tinnitus can lead to forgetfulness, severe depression and at times panic attacks

High noise levels can contribute to cardiovascular effects and exposure to moderately high levels during a single eight hour period causes a statistical rise in blood pressure of five to ten points and an increase in stress[ and vasoconstriction leading to the increased blood pressure noted above as well as to increased incidence of coronary artery disease.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
What ever happened to walking over and asking them to turn it down without having to call the cops?

I've used this approach before. Sometimes they are cooperative, sometimes they are complete a-holes. Even when it does work, though, the volume is usually back up after about fifteen minutes. I've also been to plenty of parties with noise complaints, and it all boils down to one simple concept, drunk people just don't care.

In response to the OP, I haven't noticed any significant rise in these situations.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

I heard a report from Dr. Dre that if you put beets in your ears it can drown out the outside sound.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

Don't know why your telling me this and not the op ..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Bloody Catholics and their ruckus antics, of course they have to blast out their Gregorian chants at high level's, most of them are too old to even care anyways... but no unusual noise pollution on this end lots of crazies as of late though.
edit on 6/12/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I always sleep with a fan on high, even if its already cool, I just turn it to a wall. White noise drowns out alot.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
WOW! That was so strange. I read the OP, thought it was stupid, closed my laptop, and don't you know I freaken heard a loud as can be car stereo outside!! I'm a little freaked out now, thanks

new topics

top topics

join