It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

six out of ten Americans against Libyan war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The number in my opinion is two low, I expected 7-8 out of ten, but 6 out of ten truly shows that almost always the American media manages to fool at least the almost majority of Americans.

Iraq war was the same, US media fooled the public by reporting complete lies as facts without investigation of their own, and their one sided reporting, giving more weight to US and European officials, and defects.

The same exact scenario is being played out now.

The majority of Americans, regardless of their political party affiliations, do not approve of the US involvement in the Libyan war, a recent poll shows.

Source

Even though the poll shows that 6 out of 10 are against the war, but I suspect the numbers were much higher when the media tricked the population with the complete fabricated lie of "no fly zone". I suspect the vast majority support the "no fly zone", because they most likely believed that "no fly zone" meant to stop the Libyan regime from using its air force, but when it was implemented the American + world population saw the reality, that nothing was moving over Libyan air space except NATO jets, missiles and drones.

Now that they realize it is a war, I expect more Americans to go against the war, most importantly because it is against the American constitution.

The world population must be feeling hopeless by now, that Americans almost always wake up late.

edit on 12-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

Just to add an interesting article which is related to the topic:

"The relentless and intensifying Western air war against Libya will soon enter its fourth month. For the first thirteen days starting on March 19 under the control of U.S. Africa Command and Operation Odyssey Dawn and thereafter the North Atlantic Treaty Organization-led Operation Unified Protector, the air assaults represent the second longest armed aggression in NATO's history, already surpassing by a week the 78-day bombing of Yugoslavia in 1999. Only the now nearly decade-long war in Afghanistan exceeds the current campaign in length.

The U.S.-dominated military bloc not only acknowledges but fairly boasts of conducting almost 11,000 air missions and over 4,000 combat sorties since March 31. Preceding that, hundreds of air strikes and over 160 cruise missile attacks were launched by the U.S., Britain, France and other NATO powers.

Altogether, following in the North African footsteps of Napoleon Bonaparte's France, imperial Britain, Benito Mussolini's Italy and Adolf Hitler's Germany, Western nations are engaged in the longest war against an African country in modern times and the most intensive armed aggression against one ever.

At the end of last month a Libyan government spokesman announced that NATO air attacks had killed 718 civilians and wounded 4,067 more between March 19 and May 26. In the interim the North Atlantic military alliance has intensified bombing of the nation's capital and other parts of the country to an unprecedented level and introduced British and French helicopter gunship and U.S. Hellfire missile-wielding Predator unmanned aerial vehicles operations.

On June 1 NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen declared that the Alliance had authorized continuation of the war for three more months, until the end of September, and a week later he confirmed that the defense chiefs of NATO's 28 member states, including the Pentagon's Robert Gates, endorsed the decision to extend so-called Operation Unified Protector for another 90 days during a defense ministerial meeting at NATO Headquarters in Belgium.

In addition to the deployment of British Apache and French Gazelle and Tiger attack helicopters - the first equipped with what the Daily Mirror described as "a deadly missile dubbed 'the mincer'" a "­gruesome anti-personnel missile containing 80 5in-long steel darts called flechettes," the U.S. has dispatched the mammoth USS George H.W. Bush nuclear supercarrier with an accompanying strike group to the Mediterranean Sea for what portends a military endgame for the North African state of slightly over six million people.

The above-cited British newspaper recently referred to the George H.W. Bush, now on its maiden deployment and at the time engaged in war games, Exercise Saxon Warrior, with the Royal Navy's HMS Dauntless and HMS Gloucester, as the "world's most powerful warship," adding that "The 97,000-ton Bush carries in excess of 70 aircraft from eight squadrons and 5,300 sailors and aircrew."

On June 6 it anchored off the coast of the Spanish Mediterranean city of Cartagena; as the U.S. Navy disclosed, marking the first time "the nation's newest Nimitz-class aircraft carrier has visited mainland Europe."

The George H.W. Bush Carrier Strike Group is en route to the headquarters of Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe and Africa/U.S. 6th Fleet in Naples in the south of Italy, within easy striking distance of Libya.

After 85 days of constant bombardment, which constitute the longest daily bombing campaign since the Vietnam War, have left smoke clouds rising over Tripoli every night and increasingly during the day as well, the Western destruction of government assets and infrastructure, military and civilian, has only begun.

As has the war waged against the civilian population by NATO powers, including Libya's former colonial master Italy, without pause even in the face of African Union peace proposals accepted by the Libyan government.

Almost immediately exceeding even the broadest interpretation of the mandate granted by United Nations Resolution 1973 to protect Libyan civilians, NATO is deliberately and mercilessly executing a campaign to comprehensively impair the Libyan government's ability to function in any capacity - including providing safety and services to its citizens - in a brutal attempt to convince the population that any alternatives, even the fragmentation of the country and foreign domination and occupation, are superior to continuing to resist an endless reign of terror from the skies.

For the West, the cost of defiance, even of not outright capitulating or merely maintaining a semblance of independence, is death, destruction and the fatal wounding of the nation itself. Examples abound - the former Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and Iraq - with surely more to follow.

Source
edit on 12-6-2011 by confreak because: Extra

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

So you think the poll is wrong or right?
60% don't want the Libya war. Is that the medias intent?

I don't unnerstand.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
The number in my opinion is two low, I expected 7-8 out of ten, but 6 out of ten truly shows that almost always the American media manages to fool at least the almost majority of Americans.

Iraq war was the same, US media fooled the public by reporting complete lies as facts without investigation of their own, and their one sided reporting, giving more weight to US and European officials, and defects.

The same exact scenario is being played out now.

The majority of Americans, regardless of their political party affiliations, do not approve of the US involvement in the Libyan war, a recent poll shows.

Source

Even though the poll shows that 6 out of 10 are against the war, but I suspect the numbers were much higher when the media tricked the population with the complete fabricated lie of "no fly zone". I suspect the vast majority support the "no fly zone", because they most likely believed that "no fly zone" meant to stop the Libyan regime from using its air force, but when it was implemented the American + world population saw the reality, that nothing was moving over Libyan air space except NATO jets, missiles and drones.

Now that they realize it is a war, I expect more Americans to go against the war, most importantly because it is against the American constitution.
edit on 12-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

It's against the War Powers Act but it's a gray area whether it's against the Constitution or not. The ability of a President to send troops into conflict has been a debate for a very very long time which is why Congress did pass the War Powers Act in the first place.
edit on 12-6-2011 by kro32 because: edit

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Currently, I do not believe there are actually any American aircraft engaged in LIbya. They only took part in the opening gambit and when NATO took over the Command role, the US stepped out. The vast majority of the aircraft and ships being used are French and British, with other European and Arab partners joining in.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So you think the poll is wrong or right?
60% don't want the Libya war. Is that the medias intent?

I don't unnerstand.

I'm not questioning the validity of the poll,
I merely stated that I expected the poll to be higher,
now that the truth has been exposed.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The problem is 40% of the people think Libya is a vegetable.

How could anyone support this mess ?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

How does that effect the poll?

US is still taking part in the assault, the biggest contributor for this war is US and continues to be US even though other NATO members are also bombing civilian targets.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Maybe some people in the US think that "Libya" are those special Women things...down there. You know, "them there things that women have cut off." You Know...the Libya!!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

six out of ten Americans against Libyan war

Well do the Government care? Is anyone listening to them?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

How does that effect the poll?

Er, because the US is not really taking part....

US is still taking part in the assault, the biggest contributor for this war is US and continues to be US even though other NATO members are also bombing civilian targets.

No they are not. Very few US warplanes, if any, are taking part. The biggest contributors to the NATO effort have been the UK and France. Hence why I brought it up and it's relevance to the poll, although your attitude is an example of how some Americans think they are the centre of everything, when in fact they are not.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
.....although your attitude is an example of how some Americans think they are the centre of everything, when in fact they are not.

Actually, it's normal for ATS. Everyone seems to love to blame the US for anything that comes down the pike.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

So what you are trying to say, bottom line, that US is not at war against Libya?

If that is what you are saying, you are far from truth.

1. Libyan rebels were trained and financed by CIA since 1996 and some reports claim even earlier than that. The main training and finance was for the purpose of toppling the Libyan regime.

2. US attacked Libya already, and continues its support for its stooges through finance, training and through NATO. If you haven't noticed 75% of NATO costs comes from US.

3. US still has ground troops and CIA in Libya.

4. US still uses its drones in Libya.

5. US still has its war ships along the Libyan coastlines, the missiles are aimed at Libya, to be used when ever necessary.

I don't think US not using Jets change anything really.

US is clearly at war with Libya, attacking Libya through trained terrorists, through NATO, and through its drones.

Non of the above change anything regarding the poll. Whether US is at war, overtly or covertly against Libya is not an issue, the issue here is that the majority of Americans are against the Libyan war.
edit on 18-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I remember they was a Canadian air force doing the bombing but were they supposed to be biggest proving role?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

You guys just have different ideas about what "war" means I think. I believe that if we were at War with Libya it would have been over with by now. Alot of people on this site throw the term war around alot but I think Libya is more of a regime change policy than open war.

Not saying it's good or bad but I don't think it justify's as a war.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Define WAR:

A state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state

(Google)

There is no doubt in my mind, or the dictionary's mind that this is war.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yeah, your right, it shouldn't really be considred a "war" per se since there is never going to be a point where one side demands the surrender, unconditionally, of the other side and the shooting stops, like say oh I don't know. maybe World War II. It's "warlike" or it's and "armed conflict" or it's a "civil insurrection" or it's an "insurgentcy" or it's just a stinky shame, but your right, it's not what you'd call a "war" in the google sense. This is never going to have a satisfactory resolution like a good old fashion war could. Those aren't possible anymoer anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Wrong poll quoted.

edit on 18-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well that sux, and here I'm saying in the first post that "I expected the numbers to be higher". Guess I was wrong, it is actually less

Edit to Add:

Just so people don't get confused by Slayer's post, the poll which he has posted is not the same poll as the one I have posted. Two complete separate posts. I expected the numbers to be higher than the poll I posted, but the poll Slayer is showing points to even lower numbers.

www.cbsnews.com...

Edit to Add:

I was going to use this sentence, "Just so people don't get fooled by Slayer's vague post", because you insinuated that I intentionally hid the source, I edited it because it is disrespectful. Then I edited again to explain why I edited the sentence which I edited, and why that sentence was there in the first place.

darn

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

Well that sux, and here I'm saying in the first post that "I expected the numbers to be higher". Guess I was wrong, it is actually less

I question all sources.

ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PRAVDA, RT, BBC etc etc etc and yes esp PressTV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: I found the info. I stand corrected. I quoted the wrong CBS poll.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93a35aed2b1a.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 18-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Good post, star and flag.

80+% were against the bankster bailout, and the several after that,
and the secret ones too where they printed cash and handed it out
even to other countries...its into the trillions now...Wiemar here we come...

We don't have a representative government, we have a banana republic.

The plutocrats seized power years ago, and this is just the slow death.

Eisenhower partially sounded a warning, as did JFK.

Samuel Zane Battens warned us after WW one, HG Wells before WW two,
Quigley in 1966, its not like this is new information.

This information didn't make the public because the top issues of
the public is who is screwing who, religion, sports, money, and
a few other things.

The financial collapse is just them looting the treasury on the way out the door.

So my advice is to prepare for total collapse, prepare for civil war 2,
and learn how to hide well far from the cities.

If you wanna die as a hero go for it, but it won't change a damn thing,
even if the "good guys (tm)" win this will all just be repeated again.

This is just the fall of Rome mark 2.

edit on 18-6-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: additional info for relevance

top topics

<<   2 >>

join