It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lupe Fiasco - The Illuminati & The Music Industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
American rapper "Lupe Fiasco" discusses his issues on music industry and illuminati On Radioshow etc....Very interesting artist indeed !

Minor explicit language at the end , hope it Doesn't violate MODS Moods.Joke

edit on 12-6-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have been listening to Lupe for a number of years now and he is definitely someone who gets it. His music is controversial but it really talks about important issues and brings them to the light so that everyone can become aware. Some songs by him which caught my attention:

American Terrorist

Put you on game

The National Anthem

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by solid007

Well.......... Their pretty hurting right now.

Fortunately, The World is always ready for new talent.

Financial planning, advertising, and monopolies have lost sight(and therefore profits)

in the name of control. Meanwhile, the creativity and innovation has no business model.

Never should it be confined to such either.

If a domestic investor fails to see this, a foreign invester might not.

Snooze you lose. In the meantime, we will be wide awake discussing,creating,and producing..

In that wonderful International Language called Music. Salutations to "Ode to Joy"

Listen to what a deaf man and a loving woman can do. Just a video clip to back up my arguement.

I will try to add another befrore my edit time runs out. Best to you all ATS.

Have a listen www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-6-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in link,content, and typo corrections

edit on 12-6-2011 by Wildmanimal because: (no reason given)

Press Play on this link as well :www.youtube.com...

Quite Beautiful Really....and rather miraculous considering the family history. Let know one tell you otherwise.

edit on 12-6-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Additional audio/video links, content,and corrections as well

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Lupe Fiasco has been my all time favorite rap artist
Ive never heard a rapper so learned and sing about political matters rather than objectifying women and talking about drugs and money pointlessly
Two of my favorite songs: American Terrorist and Put You on Game
edit on 12-6-2011 by SophyC76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I certainly agree that Lupe is more talented and intelligent than most rappers. He also sends a much more positive message, I'm sooooo sick of "Guns B!#ches and Bling" and "I need to tell people how awesome I am because I have nothing else". I've been into hip hop for years but it has largely turned to crap with Lupe being an exception.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Dude , You lost me

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by solid007

It seemes he speaks of things that may prevent him from making that major industry money due to him speaking of sensitive topics that most gangsta rappers won't
even dare discussing due to them needing the financial money gained by just rapping the usual negative related bull. Some g rappers as they called lol do share their life experiences harsh and cool but their money is over everything so they may near the boundaries if sharing the truth but have overheads who controll them as well so they back off when they speak that REAL. And its seen they care some what. But Lupe is one of a few who seems not to be financially influenced industry wise, which I think shows development in the rap game. 1 only can hope his messages are strong and not background influenced by ya know dem power g rappers who take orders lol. And if so maybe the STARZ see them and they pretty ladies too! And in time full exposure of the weak genes may occure for dis loyaling the youth who followed died and went to prison following them and their off brand messages of self centered get it how you live, but neveremind the secrets we know that will keep us on top smh. Anyway music is one of many manipulative tools used againt sapiens sapiens masses.

Be Well

edit on 6/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The stagnant state of hip hop is no accident and voices like Lupe and Immortal technique help me to teach my son that it wasn't always garbage and it is indeed possible to be socially aware and still posses sick lyrical skills.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hi, I would like to join yalls Lupe Fiasco fan club. Thanks for the video and the National Anthem song, I've never heard it.

I'd like to contribute two songs:

Lupe Fiasco - S.L.R. (Super Lupe Rap)
www.youtube.com...

Lupe Fiasco - Daydreamin'
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

cheers & your welcome

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Nice to see some people actually appreciate good music.

It's interesting to know that Lupe actually was supposed to release "Airplanes" and "Nothing on You" that came out for BOB and were huge huge hits. When Lupe first recorded his verses (Youtube) he was told they were wack and eventually found their way to BOB who did as he was told on the records. Also interesting to note that Lupe had major input/influence on teh production of those two songs. Poor dude has been screwed out of alot.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I recently lost a little respect for Lupe when I found out he followed Tyler the Creator on twitter.
That guy exemplifies everything wrong with the world today.

new topics

top topics

join