It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Captures Attacker's Image on Cell Phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Embedded Video:

Woman Captures Attacker's Image on Cell Phone

Mobile Phone Owner Captures Video of Home Burglary

The story begins with an Oakland woman who was robbed and sexually assaulted by a man who broke into her apartment. The police investigation into this crime is made easier by a video shot with the victim's cell phone. The minutes-long video shows the assailant removing computers and other electronics from her home.

This is crazy! What I can't figure out is why he isn't lying on the floor bleeding out from every steak knife she owns. I can guarantee my wife would've had this guy calling 911 for help.

/TOA
edit on 12-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
He would've dropped that computer and been trying to slow the blood flowing from his cut jugular if he had pulled that *snip* around here. My girl keeps a knife and a bat nearby for just such a scenario.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

better not have happened in illinois or her attacker had better have not been a cop other wise shes going to jail......good for her for getting video thought and i hope they find this bastard too bad she didnt pop him or wound him some how

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Its just too bad that this didnt happen in the state where I live which encourages folks to SHOOT animals like that intruder. This happened in Anti-Gun California, eh?.

He would have been SHOT DEAD and would never rob or sexually assault another female ever again if this happened in a pro-gun/pro-defend-your-home state like where I live...

Yep, dead he'd be.
edit on 12-6-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Wow.....im not sure how to feel about this. Its awful she was assaulted, but this seems to be just lack of survival skills or something. You film someone with a PHONE taking stuff for that long and do not decide at any point to dial 911, find a weapon for defence, or scream on the top of your lungs to gain attention and assistance maybe? "This woman is a fighter" comment i couldn't take seriously, since there was no fighting just asking an intruder to leave. What was her next step, a strongly worded letter?

It's awful what happened to her and I wish she would of not put herself in such obvious danger.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
All you people saying you'd kill him.

You must like the idea of being behind bars.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

not if it's justified, my good chum

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:
One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force. It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them. In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.

No jail here friend. If You forcibly break into my Home I can kill You NO questions asked.

edit on 12-6-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I would suggest the women who took this video would have been better off if she DID kill the intruder. Did you miss the part in the video where this intruder AFTER having robbed her came back and sexually assaulted her?
edit on 12-6-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Not saying it is "wrong".

Just in the majority of places it would come under excessive force and get you in alot of trouble.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Exactly, which is why this is more crazy to me. She had ample time to get away or call police or get armed before that happened yet she decided to film it for that long. The guy isnt even wearing gloves for crying out loud, how hard would it have been to catch him without this video?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Enough to incapacitate and then run to get help I don't think would be considered going overboard. Yes the majority of us heard of the woman getting fined story, but that was a bit different where she didnt stop after he was down.

What gets me is the guy walked out the door and everything and came back so she didnt even have to attack. There were so many missed opportunities here I jsut can't figure out what she was trying to achieve by filming it.

top topics

join