It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my ufo encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I thought i would post an encounter i had in 1968.i was in the navy just out of boot camp and attending aircraft hydraulics school in Memphis Tenn. the base is east of Memphis i had been there two weeks when i drew guard duty at the aircraft parts yard this yard had row upon row of ww2 aircraft in various stages of disassembly.12 foot fences with barbed wire on top and parimeter lights but the area was not well lighted and out by itself about a mile from the base.,it was a clear cool nite stars were out..nice .i was walking down one of the rows of plains when i noticed the light around me becoming brighter i turned around and saw floating off the ground about 20 feet and about 100 yards from me a glowing ball about the size of a house the light comeing from it was not harsh and it (the ufo)seemed to be like glass with multi colored lights swrling around the ball yet the light emited all around was white there was no sound and it was moveing closer to me i was armed only with a flashlight and a billy club..i an not a coward but fear washed over me to an almost panic state as this thing was now almost on top of me i climed into a small cargo plane next to me and watched as it hovered over me then through the windows i saw it drift ti the end of the row the ufo then went strait up anrapidly becane just a pinpoint and was gone. this happened about 3 am when i got out and checked my watch it was 6 am and my relief was ariveing.i didnt report this due to fear of being ridiculed..but i did ask a friend who worked at the base conterl tower if anything showed up on radar he said the radar was out from 2 till about 6 and the runways were closed due to that they had an easy night no traffic..yes i believe in ufos dont know what they are but from that nite i believe

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
First off I want to thank you for your service to our country, and at the time of your service being at war with Vietnam, not every soldier was thanked! Did you hear any kind of sound coming from this glowing ball? Did you have any kind of feeling come over you? When you stepped into the air craft and the ball was near you did you feel any heat from it? Any kind of smell? Was there any
static electricity in the air? Great story and I would have loved to have seen and been around those old planes. The history in those old girls is amazing!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Interesting account. Indicative, in fact. I suspect that you had what is universially called a time-loss experience or more specifiically, a abduction experience.

Having undergone a similar experience in 1964, I can only suggest that you review your life closely at that point in your life. Can you general notice that there was a dramatic change in your perspective and even your core philosophy within a rather short period of time after the event?

I'm not going to color the situation with my own experiences and besides, this was your experience. But I'm willing to bet that whomever you were before the event was not the same person, let us say, that you were a couple of years later.

I'm not merely speaking of the fact that you saw some strange, floating ball of light whereas before you would have dismissed such a tale. I'm referring to a phyilosophical if not spiritual change that may have resulted. So if you found yourself after that time wonder why you had changed or flip-flopped on a particular aspect of life, you now have PART of the answer.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thesimonator2000

i did state there was no sound..and the feelings i had were overwhelming fear after that time i knew aliens were real just no other details..i did have a connection i didnt mention that many years later i was into the new age movement and channeling.dureing a session with our grupe a lady that was also involved with mufon told me while she was in a trance that an entity named Mearzan had visited me in Memphis to check on his seed.that left me puzzeled to say the least as i had told no one but my wife about this

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

My apologies to granpa for replying to you instead of him. I also had a sighting in those years and was going to ask the questions you asked. I also had sightings in those years.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

when i got out of the service i was already a baptist but i becaame far more involved with a church..still i felt something more was needed so i got involved with the new age movement..meditation and channeling energy i mixed the two and now feel fulfilled and happy im now 62 years young and still curious lol

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Thanks for sharing your experience granpabobby. I believe you! Have had some weird experiences as well.

Have you considered the possibility of the Navy doing some kind of testing with you? It wouldn't be the first time I hear.

Or.... it could have been a spiritual thing (whether demonic or not , I can't say ) that got you started on your journey for more enlightenment.
I had something hover over me once, a big light, so this happened to me. I thought of Paul on the road to Damascus and started questioning LOTS of things. All I can say is God allows things for reasons, and one day we shall know as HE knows.

Good luck and be careful to always try the spirits to see whether they be of God or not. Stay away from the things that God warns about. We are not to seek out mediums and such.. just HIS TRUTH.

Take care and stay safe !

new topics

top topics

join