It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cedar Falls, IA Ordinance #2740

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Could not find a "news" link to share only some you tube videos and blog articles. Please move if this is in the wrong forum.

“Ordinance #2740( An unfunded city-wide mandate) was passed with a resounding 6 to 1 vote, and it allows for the citizens of Cedar Falls to forcefully give the government keys to their comercial properties through universal ‘lock boxes’. The intent of the program is to provide increased safety and protection to personal, private property which include businesses, apartments and some rental houses– which by the way– comes at the expense of furthering wayward erosion of fundamental constitutional rights.”

Would you give up your keys? Just rules or overstepping boundaries?
edit on 6/11/11 by zenjewel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Unreal. I guess nothing can protect you like communism can.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zenjewel

LOL!!!
He basically just said, "We're with the gumment, we're here to help"!!

If done, I forsee the city buying alot of replacement boxes.
If there was one on one of my properties, I'd tear it off.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Seems like the laws of such are being enacted in smaller cities and areas first...possible testing grounds to push forth for the whole US once they figure how 'well' it works out for them.
Simply more control in the name of safety

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If I was impacted, they can try all they want to get keys to my private property but I would NEVER give it to them. If they fined me, well, I guess I'd be part of the lawsuit that is most likely going to happen if this passes.

link   
reply to post by zenjewel

Most every business I know has these lock boxes on location. There is a universal key that opens it. However, this ordinance appears to go to far. It is requiring pretty much everyone to have the box on the outside of their door. All it takes is one lost key by emergency personnel to compromise the integrity of the plan.

link   
thread already exists here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
When they start paying my mortgage, property taxes, utilities and maintainance; they can have the keys then.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I live in Iowa and have been following this real close!

The city councilman that states "it is for a higher authority to decide" will be easily replaced. The people of CF are ticked about this and it shows the audacity of even our local governments!

This is BS and if it makes its way to Des Moines you will see even more issues than you can imagine. That's why I think it will die there.

link   
That'd be real secure - a lock box with the key to the business outside every door. Those things are impossible to break in to. Right? Of course, given that nearly all the locks can be bumped and opened I suppose it doesn't matter anyway.

link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
thread already exists here

Ack! I tried. I searched for the ordinance number thinking that was important.

I think it deserves as much attention as we can give it. Like I mentioned... it's not on the news.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

Thread closed.

top topics

join