It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians Criminal Government Eco-Fascists Murder Camels for Global Warming (Climate Change)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The Australian Government is an Eco-Fascists Thug Government murdering Camels because of their minute contribution of Methane to the Atmosphere of Earth.

Stupid is As Stupid Does.

www.livescience.com...

Australia's Criminal Government has ordered the Death penalty to all camels in Australia

Australian officials are hoping to curb carbon emissions by killing off feral camels in the outback, but U.S. researchers say the cows are the country's main carbon-emitting animals, and lowering the camel population isn't enough.

Northwest Carbon, a commercial company, suggested awarding carbon credits to individuals and companies in return for killing feral camels as a part of a larger carbon-curbing legislation called the "Carbon Farming Initiative," released today (June 9) and submitted to the Australian parliament's Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency.

The officials figure removing the feral camels, which toot and burp out carbon, would lead to a significant reduction of greenhouse gas emissions

Camels release methane, a potent greenhouse gas — one that absorbs and emits radiation from the sun, warming the Earth — that is about 21 times stronger than carbon dioxide, though it stays in the atmosphere for much shorter stints compared with carbon dioxide. The methane comes from their digestive system, where they break down carbohydrates like starch using microorganisms in their multiple stomachs.

"Methane has an atmospheric lifetime of 12 ± 3 years and a GWP of 72 over 20 years, 25 over 100 years and 7.6 over 500 years. The decrease in GWP at longer times is because methane is degraded to water and CO2 through chemical reactions in the atmosphere."

The Methane for the most part barely stays in the Atmosphere for more than 10 -15 years at most. These people are Criminals.

edit on 11-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

Mod Note : Posting Work Written by Others

edit on 11-6-2011 by xpert11 because: Add external Source tags , mod note

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
And?

You know camels aren't native to Australia, right? You know they are destructive to the environment by their habit of eating everything they can wrap their mouths around, right?

Plenty of camels left in the world.

The reasons stated are dumb, but the action itse;f is no problem.
edit on 11/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Yes, it would obviously be better to stop subsidizing industrial agriculture factory farms and the auto industry, but they both have connections to the economy, lobbyists, etc. I'm guessing the Camels dont.

Are camels native to Australia? OR invasive?

fro your article:

Not only do the camels release greenhouse gasses, but they also destroy farmland and property as they roam the outback and compete with livestock for food and water. In 2009, a caravan 6,000 strong ravaged the outback town of Docker River looking for water. These and other economic reasons might be the true reason to decrease their numbers, Hristov said.

ETA: Can you explain how this is either 'fascist' or 'stupid'? Your analysis is a bit, er, lacking.
edit on 11-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Yes i know they are not Native to Australia But that is not a reason to Exterminate all the Camels in Australia.

Are you one of those Global Warmers?

Animals have been contributing Methane To the Atmosphere For Hundreds of Millions of years before humans were on the planet. Now Humans come along and decide their emitting too much Methane?

Are you serious ?

All further posters keep post on Topic the Topic is Camels being killed for Eco-Fascists reasons the Article Clearly States this is the main reason for the Culling of the Camels.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Camels are a pest here.

Australia has the largest population of feral camels in the world, not bad for an introduced species.

I doubt killing them all will make a difference to CO2 emissions but it's another reason to cull them.

Water buffalo need to be next.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well global warming is very real but any reasonable scientist will tell you that it's not the fault of animals.

That's just silly

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

"Australia has about 20 million beef cattle and probably around 1.6 million dairy cows. So, 1.2 million camels is about 5 percent and can make a dent in the GHG [greenhouse gas] emissions, but I doubt it is going to be anything significant," Alexander Hristov, of Pennsylvania State University, said in an email to LiveScience.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

All further posters keep post on Topic the Topic is Camels being killed for Eco-Fascists reasons the Article Clearly States this is the main reason for the Culling of the Camels.

From your article:

Not only do the camels release greenhouse gasses, but they also destroy farmland and property as they roam the outback and compete with livestock for food and water. In 2009, a caravan 6,000 strong ravaged the outback town of Docker River looking for water. These and other economic reasons might be the true reason to decrease their numbers, Hristov said.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

...That's what I just said...

They're a pest.

That alone should be enough to cull them.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Read the Headline

Article Clearly States this is the main reason for the Culling of the Camels.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Read the Headline

Article Clearly States this is the main reason for the Culling of the Camels.

First Paragraph

Australian officials are hoping to curb carbon emissions by killing off feral camels in the outback, but U.S. researchers say the cows are the country's main carbon-emitting animals, and lowering the camel population isn't enough.

Keep all posts on Topic about Government Killing Camels For Eco-Fascists Agenda That is Clearly the Headline of the Article and the main Premise as stated in the Articles First Paragraph DO not stray off topic.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yes i know they are not Native to Australia But that is not a reason to Exterminate all the Camels in Australia.

Actually it's a fantastic reason to exterminate them. Along with rabbits, foxes, and feral cats and dogs.

Are you one of those Global Warmers?

Are you one of those science-deniers?

Animals have been contributing Methane To the Atmosphere For Hundreds of Millions of years before humans were on the planet. Now Humans come along and decide their emitting too much Methane?

Are you serious ?

As I said the given reason for the cull is dumb. But that doesn't make the culling a bad idea by any means.

You still haven't explained how this is "fascist." I don't think that word means what you think it means.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So Methane Barely stays in the atmosphere for a significant amount of time unlike Carbon Dioxide.

"Methane has an atmospheric lifetime of 12 ± 3 years and a GWP of 72 over 20 years, 25 over 100 years and 7.6 over 500 years. The decrease in GWP at longer times is because methane is degraded to water and CO2 through chemical reactions in the atmosphere." The Methane for the most part barely stays in the Atmosphere for more than 10 -15 years at most. These people are Criminals.

I'd say the government takes a step to far in its eco-fascists ways and i can tell by the responses so far many of you seem to be well kept up on the MSM brainwashing with the Global warming ( Climate Change)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Keep all posts on Topic about Government Killing Camels For Eco-Fascists Agenda That is Clearly the Headline of the Article and the main Premise as stated in the Articles First Paragraph DO not stray off topic.

I think you are unclear on how that works. I made my analysis based on reading the article, not just the headline.Have you read the article, or just the headline?

Again, how is this fascist?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Well global warming is very real but any reasonable scientist will tell you that it's not the fault of animals.

That's just silly

Actually methane from domestic animals is a greater source of global warming then all the green house gas emissions combined. First of all methane traps 56 times more heat then CO2 and when it degrades in the atmosphere it produces CO2. As for culling a pest species they should do this regardless. However if they are serious about reducing methane then they should harvest it or convince everyone to become a vegitarian. Considering how much Australia's live stock exports are worth to the country, including camels
, I don't think a reduction in live stock is going to happen any time soon.
edit on 11-6-2011 by AusiAnarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AusiAnarchist

The contribution to the greenhouse effect by a gas is affected by both the characteristics of the gas and its abundance. For example, on a molecule-for-molecule basis methane is about eighty times stronger greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide

en.wikipedia.org...

Unlike C02 Methane only stays in the Atmosphere for about 10-15 years. C02 Stays in the atmosphere for about 200+ Years

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Wikipedia- EcoFascism

Actually it's a fantastic reason to exterminate them. Along with rabbits, foxes, and feral cats and dogs.

I'm sorry but i cannot respond to such comments because that idea of yours seems absurd. Seriously.

These animals are existing in your area and living like many other species on this Earth. What gave you authority to exterminate these species.

I'd gladly like to show you several sources exposing to you that Anthropogenic Global Warming(Climate Change)

is a complete Fraud

The Climate has always been Fluctuating That is WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN

We have been in a cycle of Going through Ice ages and Inter-Glacial Periods approximately Every 100,000 years and a 20,000 Interglacial Period

I've done Countless hours of research on the topic and if you want to spout the MSM Global warming story that they feed people on the News You can spout it but i think its absurd to exterminate species on this planet for this reason .....

If you want to get into a debate about Global Warming do it here and read the thread before committing to the argument.

As AL GORE Said "THE DEBATE IS OVER"

And also refuses to debate about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'm sorry but i cannot respond to such comments because that idea of yours seems absurd. Seriously.

I think you just did.

second

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by AusiAnarchist

The contribution to the greenhouse effect by a gas is affected by both the characteristics of the gas and its abundance. For example, on a molecule-for-molecule basis methane is about eighty times stronger greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide

en.wikipedia.org...

Unlike C02 Methane only stays in the Atmosphere for about 10-15 years. C02 Stays in the atmosphere for about 200+ Years

Yep, and world wide livestock produces 18% more greenhouse gas then transport.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Excuse me, but what the hell? Please don't insult my country like that. I'm glad the government is implementing better programmes to cull camels. They do contribute a bit to the greenhouse gas problem, perhaps not by much, but it's not even that important. Why do you insist on using the term "murder" when talking about culling these camels? Why the accusation of "criminals"?

The fact is that Australia has an immense problem with feral species. If the government can provide jobs for people to try eradicate this threat to our environment, then what's the problem? Sure, the whole greenhouse gas issue might be exaggerated, but there's no reason to call our government a criminal organisation. You mention the term "eco-fascist", which makes exactly no sense in this context. Are you some kind of vegetarian fascist who opposes the killing of any animal? Are you an American by any chance?

This is the craziest post I've seen in a while. Whatever their bloody reasons, I hope the camels can be eliminated. Also, it could mean a reduction in the numbers of cattle, etc, kept as livestock if the feral camels are hunted and sold as food instead - similar to the market for kangaroo meat - which will only mean good things for the environment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join