It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson for POTUS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here is a man that seems to have the best intentions for the people of the USA not the politicians, I have never heard of the man until just now when he appeared on Stossel on Fox,

He has vetoed 750 bills angering politicians on both sides of the isle, he wants to habd power back to the states for Medicare and Medicade, He wants to do away with the IRS and The Dept of Education because he knows that the states are more capable that DC.

en.wikipedia.org...

reason.com...

politiwww.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-6-2011 by isitjustme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yep - this guy should be getting a wholelotmore coverage than he is - I get the impression that he is being frozen out by the progressive GOP establishment and the libera lmedia.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Any candidate that wants to limit governments power will of course be treated as second class
edit on 11-6-2011 by isitjustme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I found another link that has info on Gov. Johnson. The more I read about this guy the more incredible he seems. he says the current war on drugs isn't working and tonight on Fox he said he would pardon all non-violent drug offenders currently in prison.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wow, where did this guy come from? I like what I have read so far concerning his views, and being a close follower of LEAP I am all for calling an end to the war on drugs. Of course we all know that campaign promises mean nothing, so we should be very careful in reviewing his history...mainly voting history. He is an American citizen right?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

I watched him in the first GOP debate a couple months ago. He reminded me a lot of George McFly, actually. He seemed to have some very interesting things to say. Depending on his foreign policy stance, I might be interested in him.

What was surreal was watching TWO republican debaters in favor of legalizing drugs... it was really strange to hear him and Ron Paul.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Yep - this guy should be getting a wholelotmore coverage than he is - I get the impression that he is being frozen out by the progressive GOP establishment and the libera lmedia.

I highly doubt this since the GOP is hurting so bad right now with who they have running they would take anyone who has a decent record he can run on. They'd rather have control of the White House more than what any particular candidate stands for.

As it stands now they are gonna lose the election even with Obama basically handing it to them on a golden platter.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You just have to love the "charmed" ones in this world, start-up business and being your only employee and suddenly someone drops $38 million a year into your lap!

Well if that doesn't corrupt you then Politics will.

Sorry, truth be told Obama is our last Prez! Game over! Sorry Gary, life is too scary as it is! Glad you made your fortune, time to lose it now!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Last year Johnson said he was "briefed" regarding the 1947 Roswell incident. Depending on your political and conspiratorial opinions this may help or hurt his chances.

www.elliscountyobserver.com...

Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson Says Roswell Alien Researchers ‘Pretty Close’ to Having it Right

November 12, 2010

Tonight’s Two Turtle Doves-in-Palmer event that welcomed former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson also spurred a little light-hearted back and forth about the infamous UFOs and aliens in Roswell, N.M. Johnson, either sarcastically or dead serious, said upon his first election (he served two, four-year terms) that he was briefed in a basement and that the folks in Roswell were “pretty close” to having it right as to what happened there X amount of years ago.

If he was briefed and has only said this much I suspect Gary may be as much a part of the problem on keeping us in the dark as any other politician. He just let it slip this one moment.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Frith because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join