It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 More Signs That Society Is Collapsing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What we are now witnessing is the slow motion unraveling of America. Our economy is dying, the American people have lost faith in the government and in almost all of our other major institutions, and our society is collapsing. Most Americans don’t understand why all of this is happening, but most of them do realize that something has fundamentally changed.

Earlier this year, McDonald’s held a “National Hiring Day” and a million Americans showed up to apply for jobs. Only 62,000 of them were hired. That means only 6.2% of the applicants got jobs. So what are we supposed to tell the 93.8% that didn’t get hired? Are they supposed to have any hope for the future when they can’t even get a minimum wage job at McDonald’s? When I was a teenager, I went over to McDonald’s one day, filled out an application and was instantly hired. My, how things have changed. Now we have millions upon millions of young people that are staring directly into a very bleak future. The level of frustration in this country is rising to frightening levels and large numbers of people are already showing that they will stoop to anything in order to survive.

In a recent article entitled “18 Signs The Collapse Of Society Is Accelerating” I focused primarily on the chaos that has been erupting in many of our urban areas. But the truth is that, as you will see below, there are signs that society is collapsing coming out of very rural areas as well. This phenomenon cannot just be pinned down to one area of the country or to one group of people. From coast to coast people are already starting to lose it and the economic collapse has only just begun.

The cold, hard reality of the matter is that what we are experiencing right now is rip-roaring prosperity compared to what is coming down the road.

So if people will behave this wildly now, what is our society going to look like someday when there are millions of Americans that have not had anything to eat for several days?

That is something to think about.

History has shown us that when people are really, really hungry they will do just about anything.

But right now we are not even close to that point and yet people all across America are going crazy.

Click Here for 12 More Signs That Society Is Collapsing

Here in Australia, particularly Melbourne and Sydney, in recent years there has been an escalation in violence involving firearms and knives and other weaponry. You would very seldom hear of any of this 20 years ago, but it is very common now. I moved to Canberra three years ago and was quite surprised to learn that there is a fair amount of crowd violence in this once not-so-long-ago quiet country town.

As economic conditions continue to deteriorate, violence will likewise get worse. And as the author of the article points out, with these events being captured on video and posted on youtube, you get the 'copycats'.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Greetings, fellow Canberran!

I think society is essentially just collapsing under its own weight. As the population increases, it follows that there will statistically be more violence and employment issues. It's like if you were to cram too many people into a small room - people will get edgy and tension will settle upon the atmosphere quickly. Overpopulation will be the death of orderly society, and it's happening with startling, though inevitable, rapidity.

The question is of how to keep one's head above the water in this fray of desperation and agitation.

I too was surprised at the violence when I first moved to Canberra. On several occasions I've even been sexually assaulted by men, though thankfully I've always been well able to defend myself. I was always under the impression that Canberra was a relatively safe place - not so! Respect and consideration for others is definitely degrading, as people begin to merge into faceless entities in a veritable sea of conformity. Personal identity becomes irrelevant as people grow and spread like weeds - no-one is special or an individual anymore. There is simply far too many of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Actually history proves you wrong. During the great depression when people were hungry you did not see massive amounts of violence at all.

People back then were also saying that those were the end times and there was no way the world was gonna get better but it did.

I could keep going back in history to give you example after example of how what you claim is false but this one should be enough. The world economy's are in bad shape but it's happened plenty of times before and the nations came through it just fine.

Quit trying to panic everyone.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I am not trying to panic anyone whatsoever. Please kindly refrain from accusations and assumptions on my posts.

I care not what happened historically. I do not need a history lesson from you to see what is occurring in society today, which clearly indicates that I am right and you have your head in the sand.

Kind regards.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
reply to post by kro32

I am not trying to panic anyone whatsoever. Please kindly refrain from accusations and assumptions on my posts.

I care not what happened historically. I do not need a history lesson from you to see what is occurring in society today, which clearly indicates that I am right and you have your head in the sand.

Kind regards.

If you don't care about history you shouldn't have brought it up in your post I suppose as someone might take that knowledge to show how your wrong. And if this isn't a panic post than my apoligies but when your telling everyone on ATS that violence is going to get worse and the world is falling apart it makes one assume there would be a reason to panic.

Had you not wanted people to panic you could have said "there is a chance that if the economy's of the world continue to worsen that possible outbreaks of violence could be expected especially in area's where food shortages are more apt to occur"

But you like to flat out tell everyone that violence is going to get worse when history shows this not to be the case.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Here in Australia, particularly Melbourne and Sydney, in recent years there has been an escalation in violence involving firearms and knives and other weaponry. You would very seldom hear of any of this 20 years ago, but it is very common now.

do you have any evidence to support yours claims?
According to latest crime statistics from Victoria police, crime has dropped by 29 percent in recent years.

www.police.vic.gov.au...
edit on 11-6-2011 by SystemOverload because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2011 by SystemOverload because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Hello DTC

Wow I'm really sorry to hear of your horrible encounters! That is just disgusting. Glad to hear you were able to defend yourself very well. I don't go out on the street at night anyway, just to local restaurants for a quiet meal out, I'm getting old.
Other than at work, my only other place is Southern Cross Health club down at Woden. :-) I've heard of quite a lot of reports of assaults and mob attacks in Canberra, and like you, am very surprised by it. I came from South West Sydney to Canberra to work in the public service, Sydney I can expect but Canberra seems to be heading down a similar feral path.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemOverload

Crime levels (official numbers) dropped here in The Netherlands too, do you know why?

Because 90% of petty crime isn't reported any more, only if you need a report for your insurance company you report it to police.

And you know why?

Because police is more writing tickets than fighting crime, they only care about tickets and the war on drugs that's created by the system of illegal growing but legal sale.

I've reported 3 crimes in my life including an Abuse Case, even named the persons involved, guess what they did?

NOTHING!

The system is only good for you if you're a filthy rich @#$%!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I've heard that the outer suburbs are more dangerous? I've not lived here long, and as I practically live right in Civic I don't really have an excuse to visit other suburbs. Almost every time I go out on a weekend to my second home of Phoenix I'll see police foot chases, fights breaking out, drug addled lunatics screaming on the streets, etc. It happens so often that no-one even bats an eyelid. I'm really beginning to think that Canberra is a city full of nutters.

During the great depression when people were hungry you did not see massive amounts of violence at all. People back then were also saying that those were the end times and there was no way the world was gonna get better but it did. I could keep going back in history to give you example after example of how what you claim is false but this one should be enough. The world economy's are in bad shape but it's happened plenty of times before and the nations came through it just fine.

As for this, I understand the tendency of history to repeat itself somewhat, although the current situation is unprecedented in regards to massive population. History is no guarantee that everything will be fine. As I said before, the larger the population, the higher the potential for dissent. It's simple mathematics. Perhaps everything will turn out okay in the end, perhaps not. No-one knows, but what we can do is try to live safely and well, always keeping our heads above the water as best we can. Awareness of these issues is important, and there is a marked difference between critical observation and fear-mongering.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Actually history proves you wrong. During the great depression when people were hungry you did not see massive amounts of violence at all.

People back then were also saying that those were the end times and there was no way the world was gonna get better but it did.

I could keep going back in history to give you example after example of how what you claim is false but this one should be enough. The world economy's are in bad shape but it's happened plenty of times before and the nations came through it just fine.

Quit trying to panic everyone.

People and society were a LOT different back then too.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The difference between then and now is that, back then, people were brought up to be part of a larger community. If Mrs. Bently down the street couldn't afford to buy groceries, her neighbors would chip in to buy some for her. Those who had some to spare helped out those who did not. It was recognized that your neighborsa are people, too, and you have a responsibility to the community you were a part of.

That outlook doesn't exist anymore. We've been trained to be totally isolated from one another. if your neighbors are scraping, oh well, # them. Me first, you never. The ownership society where those who have are moral and good and those who have not are contemptible.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The "ownership society"...where have I heard that before? I remember! George W. Bush loved him some mortgage financing back in the day, didn't he? Ah the good old days.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by kro32

The difference between then and now is that, back then, people were brought up to be part of a larger community. If Mrs. Bently down the street couldn't afford to buy groceries, her neighbors would chip in to buy some for her. Those who had some to spare helped out those who did not. It was recognized that your neighborsa are people, too, and you have a responsibility to the community you were a part of.

That outlook doesn't exist anymore. We've been trained to be totally isolated from one another. if your neighbors are scraping, oh well, # them. Me first, you never. The ownership society where those who have are moral and good and those who have not are contemptible.

The people back then were every bit as ruthless as the people are today and don't be misled by the happy go lucky shows on History channel. If you couldn't make your mortgage on your farm the banks would send people to your property to start assessing the value of everything on it and more often than not it was your neighbors buying up your stuff for penny's on the dollar.

Food was in such a shortage that people would hoard it and save it for their family. There were not giant picnics in the middle of town where everyone contributed. You think anti-immigrant feelings are high now they are nothing compared to what the feeling was during this time. It was absolute hatred which the government basically turned a blind eye too.

People were just as selfish during the depression if not more so than they are today.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Society is Collapsing because before violence was local and on foot. Now, violence and destruction is regional to global and by air, water, nuclei, everything.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Kind regards.

If you don't care about history you shouldn't have brought it up in your post I suppose as someone might take that knowledge to show how your wrong. And if this isn't a panic post than my apoligies but when your telling everyone on ATS that violence is going to get worse and the world is falling apart it makes one assume there would be a reason to panic.

Had you not wanted people to panic you could have said "there is a chance that if the economy's of the world continue to worsen that possible outbreaks of violence could be expected especially in area's where food shortages are more apt to occur"

But you like to flat out tell everyone that violence is going to get worse when history shows this not to be the case.

The people who were forewarned and chose to prepare will be the ones who will not panic. I think the point of this thread is to forewarn people so they in fact will not panic.

You are free to disregard what's going on in the world of course. But when it's time for you to panic because you didn't prepare, don't say you weren't forewarned.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I am actually more prepared than probably 99% of the people on this site and I haven't bought one thing that's for the actual SHTF day as I don't believe that will ever come. Unless it's a natural disaster of course but that's unavoidable.

Good post though I suppose and am enjoying it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I am actually more prepared than probably 99% of the people on this site and I haven't bought one thing that's for the actual SHTF day as I don't believe that will ever come. Unless it's a natural disaster of course but that's unavoidable.

Good post though I suppose and am enjoying it.

Well, let's hope for both our sakes that we won't end up in a mess of anarchy or a Global Zombie Cataclysm. Meanwhile, back to boarding up place quick and dirty.

new topics

top topics

join