It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme low FLY by JET IA 63 · 3 Feet from ground!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

I believe Roger Waters summed it up quite nicely...

Brezhnev took Afghanistan.
Begin took Beirut.
Galtieri took the Union Jack.
And Maggie, over lunch one day,
Took a cruiser with all hands.
Apparently, to make him give it back

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This one is the original without the crapola music. Awesome pass.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Well,, actually, seeing as you brought it up in your OP I think it is on topic.

I find it amusing you bring up blatant lies in your OP about the Argentine air force and when challenegd, won't back them up and claim the thread is about the video, when you use the video itself to try and back up your lies.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

you ve been air defeated
sorry
not 10 but will gladly if i could have that age again

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That was pretty cool OP! Check these out (skip past the Top Gun clip):

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

What lies?
Where have you been born?
my cousin fought there so I know what i`m talking about, the world is not just Uk and traveling 13000 km to attack a group of islands that doesn`t belong to your country is abusing of the fire power a nation has, even if it is inhabited by 2 people.

even got it in ases of combat in History channel with UK pilots recognising this

give me a break, your proudly mind can`t let you see reality or even accept it. the war was on UK side because it is not only air fight, and got many other sides to fight the ones we lost.

stealing something doesn`t make it yours, even if the cops didn`t see what happened
here it ends what i`ll answer about this, we have different possitions and points of view so this will take us anywere

JUST ENJOY THE VIDEO, AND IF YOU LIKE IMAGINE IT IS AN UK PILOT, OK?

Again it`s about the video of an amazing air maneuver, some ill minded person would call that hoax, anything possitive to contribute beside BS talk?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

amazing man just amazing, very nice
thanks for the video share

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

this is the one i original posted but got deleted for not beeing in INGLES
or english as one might like

i guess is a silly rule but it`s the rules.
thank you for your reply

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

the thing is that the malvinas are part of the continental platform of our coast so how can it belong to any other country ?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Again it`s about the video of an amazing air maneuver, some ill minded person would call that hoax, anything possitive to contribute beside BS talk?

There is a very fine line between amazing and very bad judgment. While it looks great, flying at 1 meter for a short time, does not have any actual military value and is not a "amazing maneuver" either. Just because no one got hurt, does not mean it was not stupid. Fun, sure it would be fun, until that time where you crash.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

My father and two Uncles were both in the Falklands, two in the Army one in the RAF, my Uncle used to fly Vulcans.

Anyhoo, I suspect your like that member we had a few years ago who insisted that HMS Invincible was sunk during the conflict, among other outrageous claims. Face it, the Argentine air force has it's arse handed to it by a smaller force which was operating far from home. 31-0 man, you didn't down a single RN Harrier and lost 31 fighters of your own, with total aircraft losses above 100!

As for the who's the Falklands are, we nabbed it first, then France nabbed off us, then Spain nabbed it and then we nabbed it back. Argentina has never, ever been in posession of the Falklands, so it is totally irrelevant if it sits on the continental shelf. We sit on the same continental shelf as the whole of Europe, but we don't lay claim to Hamburg or Paris!

Oh, before you go off on one about us evil British colonisers...How the hell do you think Argentina itself came about? Pot, kettle, much?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

There is a very fine line between amazing and very bad judgment. While it looks great, flying at 1 meter for a short time, does not have any actual military value and is not a "amazing maneuver" either. Just because no one got hurt, does not mean it was not stupid. Fun, sure it would be fun, until that time where you crash.

I think the only thing stopping that guy from becoming a lawn dart was ground effect.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Op, if you wanted to talk about only the video, and not Argentinas criminal and unprovoked attack on sovereign British territory, why did you mention it in the first post? Besides, several Argentine aircraft went lower than that, shortly after a Sea Harrier had seen them.

To paraphrase Basil Fawlty

"you started it!"

No we didn't.

"yes you did, you invaded the Falkland islands!"

What is this defeat the RAF suffered that you refer to? specifically?
edit on 13-6-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Here you go...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Here's your argentine leader, Christina Fernando using the media to a point...

Forst Falkland Islander becomes Argentinian national........... ps ... he lives in Buenos Aires and is married to an Argentine.... but there you go....

PDUK

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I seem to remember reading about a number of Harriers during the Falklands who made run ins over the water to Port Stanley. If my memory serves me correct they were virtually transonic at around 5 ft off the water. As one of the pilots commented, they were low enough that had a large wave in a swell come across there path they would have been killed. But there are plenty of stories of this occurring in wartime and some during exercises. I vividly remember reading an account by a US pilot who was flying in an exercise in the 50's in the Netherlands. He and several of his colleagues went head to head with some local Dutch F-86's over a NATO airfield and he said they were around 2ft off the grass, with no sign of the Dutch being prepared to break out of the way!

Waynos you might be able to confirm this but I seem to recall that quite a number of Allied Tornado sorties were conducted in the 5-10ft range during the first Gulf war. I think one may have even been lost due to CFIT.

I dont think I need to comment on the OP's Falklands statements, we all know the facts.

LEE.
edit on 17-6-2011 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The video seems to be genuine. Its not a first in terms of low flight.. Every AirForce has their acrobatic nuts, who get kicks out of doing things like this.And then there is the other kind who end up doing stuff like this in wartime and in combat, and never really realize how low they went until the groundcrew have a look at the aircraft which brings back twigs and branches and tufts of grass on the wings, or until someone looks at the guncam.

I respect the latter, and I do not think much of the former. An unfortunate truth is I've a majority of the former lose their lives when they done something crazy and successfully for 5,10, 15 times but it doesn't quite work the next time, the last time.

As far as the Falklands war goes, both countries fought for a cause they believed in, and interestingly I honestly believe BOTH fought against greater odds, the British from a vulnerability of supply lines point of view and the Argentines from a inferior technology and operational reach point of view.

The war could have gone either way, at multiple stages, right up till the final battle for Stanley. The general consensus is that the British 'won' as the got to keep the Falklands/Malvinas, and there's not much one can do to refute that.

I honestly believe the British were on weak ground at multiple occasions but a little bit of luck and good strategy right uptill the end gave them the edge.

The Argentines, well their premise for the war was flawed, they thought the British would not bother, but they didn't do their homework well enough. The British 'environment' at that time was in the doldrums, and the government there I believe jumped at this as an opportunity to gain support and popular opinion.
While the Argentines where caught in between preparing for a subsequent conflict with Chile.

In the end: bad supply lines, training and morale of Argentine troops holding the islands along with the Argentine Air-force, and a few dozen short in exocets (maybe even a dozen short) is what killed if for the Argentines.

The British pushed through because of the HMS Conqueror, blue fox, sidewinders, the surrender demand bluff at Falklands, and better GI training+weaponry.

A very important war for all military strategists to know about in its entirety.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just something to stir things up a little more here

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Is this the father?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Originally posted by firepilot

Firepilot is absolutely correct, the youtube video is showing a foolish stunt where the amazing part is the Pampa pilot is lucky to be alive (even luckier if he kept his flight rating and avoided a court martial.)
300 knots indicated, 1 meter AGL over a grass airdrome ( perpendicular to the tarmac and dead straight towards unsheltered spectators as well:@@
pretty well showcases the pilot in the vid as being both inexperienced and overconfident.

A couple points of interest worth noting... the atmosphere is not homogenous, the atmosphere is dynamic and in constant flux which is turbulence. For example, The temperature difference between grass and asphalt can easily span 20 degrees fahrenheit. As air temperature increases air rises however, as the temperature rises, air density and potential lift decrease. As it takes a 300knot aircraft a bit less than 1/150th second to travel that single meter between sky and terra firma, I'm sure most reading can guess why these type of situation are best avoided by the career orientated pilot.

Lastly, the 1/2 Km of open grass potentially had lots of potential surprise ready for our young Fuerza Aerea Argentina friend (Any idea what happens when aircraft aluminum and plexiglas merge into pigeonburger at 500 fps)? If the hypothetical bird strike or ground squirrel wasn't enough, I was particularly impressed with all of the loose clothing and knickknacks sent flying as the spectators dove for life and limb. I would have been really impressed watching the pilot pull off a restart with a meter of alt after sucking some poor guys toupee through the compressor.

Surprisingly, most aviation professionals would also agree that was an amazing maneuver

Amazingly poor judgment.

reply to post by FanarFanar

Originally posted by FanarFanar

I think the only thing stopping that guy from becoming a lawn dart was ground effect.

What's the saying about old pilots and bold pilots?

Looking at the stubby chord aerofoil design and high wing placement, I doubt the IA 63 Pampa sees any noticeable ground effect benefits when slow and dirty much less at 300KIAS where the airfoil is somewhere near VA (optimal maneuvering speed) and has nothing more to gain from the reduction in induced drag ground effect might afford.
Hope this helps....

edit on 19-6-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join