It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence? I'm not sure If I believe that anymore.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is a strange story that makes me think twice about coincidences. Maybe everything does happen for a reason? I don't know.

My husband was in the Navy for several years and likes to keep in contact with the men he served with. I think this is a military thing, especially those who have served in a war. There's a special bond there that folks who have not been put in that situation cannot comprehend. He's been out of the service now for 16 years.

We were out on our normal weekly (boring) shopping expedition and as he was driving, he did a double-take and stopped the car. He swore he saw one of his old navy buds. One that he has not talked to since before he left the navy. He noted the plates on the car were from Virginia and thought it could be possible, maybe he just moved here or or something and kind of brushed it off and we went about the day.

A few weeks later, we were driving down the same road and he saw the same car and the same guy get out of it again. This time he was convinced it was him and he decided to research the guy to see if he could get a phone number. He did find him.

This is where it gets weird. He found out the guy moved here to SC where we live a few years ago. He found an address and a phone number for him just a couple of towns away from us and gave him a call.

Come to find out, the guy never lived in Virginia and neither him nor his wife drive the type of car we originally saw with the VA plates. He moved here a few years ago for work, is not in the military any longer. What makes it even more odd is that this guy had told my husband he had been thinking about him recently and it was such a coincidence that he called. My husband did ask him if he had been to our town recently, due to the man we saw and, no, this guy hadn't been to our town for quite some time, well over a year. Both of the vehicles him and his wife own are both registered in SC, so it couldn't have been him that we saw.

Was it a coincidence? They're up on the phone right now and I think it's fantastic that they got a chance to reconnect.

I am kind of on the fence in my beliefs when it comes to whether there's a god or not, but I do believe that life is much more than a coincidence and that we are all connected in some way or another.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
co·in·ci·dence   
[koh-in-si-duhns]
–noun
1. a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance. EG. Our meeting in Venice was pure coincidence.

yep its an coincidence... apparently by mere chance... APPARENTLY :O

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Things happen due to reasons sure. But unless we also believe in destiny can we believe in the impossibility of a coincidence? I'd presume not-- unless we consider things to be fated there ARE things such as a "coincidence".

But it doesn't mean all things are a coincidence. Maybe some are. But maybe some that appear to be, aren't either. It depends if we believe our lives are outlined by a scroll.

new topics

join