It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orgasm by Thought alone? Rutgers University says Yes!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Orgasm by Thought alone? Rutgers University says Yes!

www.cbsnews.com

Researchers at Rutgers University have been studying the mind-body-sex connection, and have found that there seems to be documented evidence of Carrellas' claims. They put her in an MRI, had her "think off" and found that the parts of her brain that should light up when she climaxes did just that.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was wondering about this myself the other day, decided to do some research on it, and found this article.

I posted on it earlier in ATS on whether this was possible and MODS deleted the thread.

Hopefully this is much more tastefully done, being that its been studied by an accredited by a respected academic facility.

Also it seems its easier for women to do than for men. Still about 1 in a thousand males has this ability as well.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I saw that thread earlier, I wasn't sure how to respond since it seem directed to males.
I wonder why it was deleted. I didn't think it was distasteful in any way.

Good find on the article, as a female, I've known this for a long time :X

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I'm in complete agreement with Forevever - I've known this for quite some time now! But if there were men in the study it'd really be interesting. I'll admit, I'm baised toward my own gender, I never considered a mental orgasm even a possibility for the boys. Keep at it, guys.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Tatreanna because:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tatreanna
reply to post by dominicus

I'm in complete agreement with Forevever - I've known this for quite some time now! But if there were men in the study it'd really be interesting. I'll admit, I'm baised toward my own gender, I never considered a mental orgasm even a possibility for the boys. Keep at it, guys.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Tatreanna because:

What about a wet dream? That is essentially an orgasm by thought, isn't it? But sure, rub it in that you can do it without the help of.....anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I always thought, this is a normal thing...

Does this mean I am special now?

That's how things are guys and girls. Nothing special. Sometimes your thoughts make you come. And in the end you are called "Albert Einstein" or you just got a good go.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Everything we experience, everything we taste, see, think, feel, hear, smell, is all possible due to our brain. I believe it and I believe there's a lot more we can do, too.

If you think about it, it makes sense. When you're in the "mood" you tend to have your thoughts geared that way. When you're not, you're thoughts are usually not focused on sex. They do say that your biggest sex organ is your brain.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Don't interrupt me...I'm thinking.

Back in about 10 minutes.

edit on 11-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have done this before and Im a guy. no lies.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

I also think it is more normal than we realize. I guess we are both special.

Really, I suspect that some people are more in tune and need less physical stimulation? It's not like I walk around getting off just because. I figure we are all adults here so I'll just say this. I am highly visual and don't need to touch myself or have an outside stimulus.

I really thought this was normal.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I too thought that this was somewhat normal? As a female I can attest to waking up 'in the moment' so to speak. Always nice to not have done any physical labor.

Interesting article thanks for the post! I think many things are possible through thought alone.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm a guy and I've induced a full body orgasm through thought alone, I can also taste food just by thinking about it, interestingly enough I've also recently discovered I have very mild synesthesia, I think I must be wired differently from that bump on my head as a baby

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To be honest i think it takes a lot of the romance out of my special time. Nothing i like more than doing it all proper like, my favorite sock buried under my bed still damp from the time before, a few candles, half a bottle of wine and a tub of vaseline, though personaly i prefer menthol vix but its pricey only for really special occasions like when my new black lacey tights come in the post.

Woops!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I doubt this is true... You can't get an orgasm unless you are sexually stimulated. Orgasm isn't a part of the brain. It's a developed feeling.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

lol hahahahaha oh thats great !!!!

Thanks for that visual ..... am now scarred for life ...lol

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I doubt this is true... You can't get an orgasm unless you are sexually stimulated. Orgasm isn't a part of the brain. It's a developed feeling.

did you read the link? Scientists say its true, and we've had a number of women acknowledge that its true for them as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
To be honest i think it takes a lot of the romance out of my special time. Nothing i like more than doing it all proper like, my favorite sock buried under my bed still damp from the time before, a few candles, half a bottle of wine and a tub of vaseline, though personaly i prefer menthol vix but its pricey only for really special occasions like when my new black lacey tights come in the post.

Woops!

Ok,

Officially...ewwww!

Ruined my 10 minute thinking time. Now I have to start all over.

lol

edit on 11-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

But it is true.

I am a woman and I can do this solo, without any visual or physical stimulation. I agree with the article, you have to unlearn the quick and get it over mentality. For me, I believe the key is I focus more on satisfying my partner (when I'm with someone sexually) as opposed to getting mine as quickly as possible. When you can lock into that picture of mentally and physically satisfying someone, you can indeed achieve this without any outside stimulus.

I know that sounds weird but it is true.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Woops!

the reason the other thread was removed? the admins predicted the future :O

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
every kid does this when he has a wet dream.Not sure about women but boys orgasm in thier sleep when they are young so I assume you can induce it when awake too if youre the imaginative sort.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join