It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Had a dream of My Dead Mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
HI all,

Last memorial Day weekend, I had a family tragedy. My mother died suddenly (I call 2 weeks sudden, she was in perfect health and only 50)of complications due to acute respriratory distress syndrome, brought on by pancreatitis. Anyway, since my mother has passed, aside from the intitial sadness and shock (all of my immediate family are close and live within 25 miles of each other)I really have not dwelled upon not seeing her daily. Sometimes I get mad at myself for not feeling bad everyday. Anyway to get to the point, the other night I had a dream about my mother and it was awesome. I dreamt I was teaching her how to snowboard. Now I used to be an avid snowboarder, but my mother was not, nor has she every been snowboarding with me. My question is for any dream guru out there. Do you think my dream was only my brains way of dealing with the pain and sadness? I felt so happy after this dream, I told all my siblings, my wife, and father. Or could it be my moms soul, still taking part in my life? I am not very religious and I cannot believe the fact that someone who was part of my life for 30 yrs, the one who helped make and shape me, is just gone. But I am also a realist and think my brain is just helping me deal with this extreme loss. God I hope I dream of her again.

[edit on 8/7/04 by s8nlovesme]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think your Mom is giving you the message to get on with your life, and not to dwell on her death. In this dream she is happy and that is telling you she is at peace.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just because you can't see something, that doesn't mean it isn't there. Your mother's spirit is embedded in your heart and soul. As your dreams show, her spirit will always be alive within you.

If this dream has given you a joyous feeling, then yes, all is okay, even when we think our loved ones are truly gone.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I believe that people can come to you in dreams once they have passed over.
My grandad died a few years ago, and about a month after, I had a dream that he was at a railway station and he met up with my nan who had died a few years before him and also my aunt who had died many years before was there.
I saw my grandad die, and it effected me deeply. I think they were trying to tell me that everything was ok and that they were all together again. I know that some people will say that it was just a dream, but I just feel that it was more, and that is good enough for me.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
s8nlovesme (aweful nick BTW especially under the topic we are discussing) I think the answer to your Question is Yes and Yes.

It can be your dream, as a wish fulfillment, or it can be real . I once had a close friend who died whilst I was overseas. Although I hadn't seen her in a few years, I still retained contact and felt close to her. After learning of her death, I really just wanted to say "Goodbye". One night she appeared in my dream, led by an angel, to visit me.

I was really confused, and didn't understand what was happening, I was in a grey place and didn't know how to react to what I was seeing, didn't know how to talk to her. The "angel" or guardian, turned to her and said "He's confused, he thinks this is a dream".

My reaction was not what I would have expected a wish fulfilment dream would be like, I didn't have the chance to say goodbye, or even to logically understand what was happening at the time. This alone makes me think it was real, a manufactured dream would have settled my desires. My confusion really did derive from a spiritual situation I didn't handle well at the time.

So, yes, it could be a wish fullfillment dream, or yes, it could be real. Really the only person who knows is you.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I just had a dream that was about my friend that has passed away many years ago, my buddy leaving was unexpected and he was the first person that was close to me that is gone. I never felt I had the proper closure and last night I actually dreamt about him after years already. I dreamt for that he lived next door to me in like an apartment and I knock on his door to see if he was there ( I had this dream before but no one answered.) and he actually open the door and I was so surprise to him after all these year think he is gone. There were these two little girls that he was talking care off and they were running around being kid. (I have no idea who these little girls are.) Well I was so happy to see him and I got his phone number to stay in contact if he was ever gone again. He gave me the strangest number it was like 90.9as.#!l903 (not word for word but it was something like that). After that I just had to give him the biggest hug and then he was like chill your hurting my back in a (joking manner). In all sense I told him I didn't take it well when he left and he told me to stopping a little girl. Well then I woke up freezing which was weird because I never wake up freezing , especially under my blankets. Well anyways I woke up with a sense of closure and happiness but with an eerie feeling though.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I envy your dreams of your mother. My father passed away suddenly about a year ago and I'm still having dreams where he comes up and tells me that he never really died, that he's still alive. It really messes with me sometimes. Maybe he's just telling me that he;s alive within my heart, at least that's what I think.

Maybe your mom is just lighting the mood for you, so you won't be so sad about her passing.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I absolutely believe that loved ones who have passed can communicate with us through dreams. I beleive that they do this because it is a lot less scary to appear to us in dreams than it would be during a time we are awake. This could very well be your mothers way of saying to you that she will always be with you. I have personally never had an experience like this but i have known people who have. Afterwards they seem to be able to cope with the death much better than they did before the dream had happened. I am very sorry for your loss my friend.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
My mother died suddenly of a brain haemorage when i was 25. About 10 years ago, i was waking up one morning, and i was in that sort of inbetween state of waking up and being asleep, and i felt someone tucking the duvet in around me, i literally felt hands, there was no one in the house with me except the baby, and i knew it was my mother, i just knew it, and it wasnt a dream i was half awake. It never happened again, i wish it would but im just glad it did.

top topics

join