It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret To Making The Homopolar Generator Overunity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Faraday's homopolar generator has fascinated overunity enthusiasts for decades. I think I've come up with a way to make it generate more power than it uses.

I got the idea while reading Dark Star by Henry Stevens. In it he discusses homopolar generator theory and revealed something that I didn't know before. The amount of power that a homopolar generator produces varies in direct proportion to each of three parameters. a) radius of the copper disk, b) how fast the disk is spinning and c) the strength of the magnet's magnetic field. This has always been the crux of the problem ie. if you spin the copper disk twice as fast you get twice as much power but you also end up using twice as much power to make it spin faster.

What I think is the solution to this challenge is the Force Square Law that is used in Flynn's Parallel Path technology. Simply stated, the FSL says that the strength of the combined magnetic field of two or more magnets connected in parallel, is greater than the sum of their individual magnetic field strengths. So for example, if you have two identical magnets and you connect them in parallel, the strength of the combined field is (1+1)^2= 4 times as great as each individual magnet. With three magnets, the combined strength is 9 times as great, etc.

So here is how I see this principle working. You start by adding a horseshoe-shaped magnet to the copper disk so the disk is in between the magnet's north and south poles. You then take a piece of soft iron that has a general horseshoe shape and wrap a coil around it's center. This coil will generate an electro-magnet when a current flows thru it. Then attach the electro-magnet to the permanent magnet in such a way that the electro-magnet's north pole will be in parallel to the permanent magnet's north pole and same for the south poles.

Now when you spin the copper disk, the permanent magnet will generate some current in the disk that can be siphoned off. Suppose some of this current is diverted into the coil that forms the electro-magnet? This will then generate additional magnetic flux and when that combines with the permanent magnet's flux, you get an exponential boost in flux strength when it passes thru the copper disk. This will generate more power. So if the permanent magnet were to generate enough current on it's own to create an electro-magnet with the same field strength as the permanent magnet, the combined field strength would 4 times as much. That means, all other things being equal, that the power generated would realize an incremental gain, which is 3 times as much as the original current, and which can be used for other things including running the motor that spins the copper disk. In theory it should be able to handle the disk motor and have extra power left over.

In order to boost the output even more, use more than one electro-magnet and iron bars that can handle a higher level of magnetic flux. The magic of the Force Square Law should be able to turn a homopolar generator into an overunity device that can be self powering. Suppose electric cars had one? Batteries could provide the initial power to get the device started and then the generator delivers enough power to run the car and recharge the batteries. The same thing could be used to power a home.

I have not built a unit to test this theory. I hope someone tries it and reports on their results. I'm throwing this idea into the Public Domain.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Not familiar with the whole subject matter, but the way you explained, sounds to me like it should work.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studenofhistory
Faraday's homopolar generator has fascinated overunity enthusiasts for decades. I think I've come up with a way to make it generate more power than it uses.

You'd be best off posting it to this message board.
Chances are they've discussed similar ideas already. Some might have even built one...
overunity

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thank you for that suggestion. I have done so.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I recommend posting your idea in the following forums:

www.leagueofreason.co.uk...

www.bautforum.com...

www.physicsforums.com...

www.scienceforums.net...

www.edaboard.com...

If you make believers out of them, I'll be happy to lend my support.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks for the list. I'll take a look at them and maybe follow your suggestion.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 5/9/23 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Keeping in mind, the additional magnets also add increased weight and carry drag and frictional losses (heat).
In a closed system, if your idea were to work, it would violate the second law of thermodynamics, so don't get your hopes up.

There is no free lunch. A term hammered into your head in physics class.

top topics

join