It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why do you WANT chemtrails to be real?

page: 5
4
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by Nikola014
Well,if you just open your mind, you would realized that chemtrails are very REAL.Look at the facts.Something is happening to our skies,and you can't denied it.

A thousand years ago,you couldn't see this strange figures on the sky.

A five hundred years ago,you couldn't see this strange figures on the sky.

A hundred years ago,you couldn't see this strange figures on the sky.

A fifty years ago,you couldn't see this strange figures on the sky.

Now you can see them almost everywhere.

So ask yourself.What this could be if we know it starting to happening a few decades ago.
Why is this happening and what are this strange figures on the sky?We have no idea.
We only know someone or something is messing up with our skies and our atmosphere.


Could they be aircraft contrails? Aircraft were only invented 100 years ago, and high altitude travel really only got popular about 50 years ago, and has rapidly increased in recent decades. That seems to match your timeline.


Not really.I live next to the airport and i have had never seen "usual" planes makes that strange figures on the sky.
There's possibility,that this "figures" are being created by some kind of military secret planes.
But i am confident this figures are not being created by some usual and normal planes.




posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Not really.I live next to the airport and i have had never seen "usual" planes makes that strange figures on the sky.
There's possibility,that this "figures" are being created by some kind of military secret planes.
But i am confident this figures are not being created by some usual and normal planes.


Or military ordinary planes? Military planes fly around in circles (well, racetrack shapes) all the time.

The planes from your nearby airport will not make those fligures (contrails) until they are at least 50 miles away, as they are too low.

Contrails come from planes that are HIGH above you, and in Europe they are usually traveling between airports in other countries. They are usually too high to make out marking on the plane.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob


Go ride your bike around the block a few times and burn off some energy.

Then have a NestlesQuick chocholate milk.
.


I was thinking the exact same thing, then I came across your reponse.. Great minds think alike? lol I have yet to understand how people say nothing is different in the sky. I have awesome memory and sry, the skies when I was young look nothing like today. I remember seeing contrails, and watching them disappear, good luck doing that nowadays. There are better chances that the Earth rotates them out of view than them dissappearing. High-school level science does not answer the question. Troll stop being a troll



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

I was thinking the exact same thing, then I came across your reponse.. Great minds think alike? lol I have yet to understand how people say nothing is different in the sky. I have awesome memory and sry, the skies when I was young look nothing like today. I remember seeing contrails, and watching them disappear, good luck doing that nowadays. There are better chances that the Earth rotates them out of view than them dissappearing. High-school level science does not answer the question. Troll stop being a troll


Your memory is contradicted by many other people here. See the responses in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And high school science tells us that contrails will often persist. Which does kind of answer the question.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
I was thinking the exact same thing, then I came across your reponse.. Great minds think alike? lol I have yet to understand how people say nothing is different in the sky. I have awesome memory and sry, the skies when I was young look nothing like today. I remember seeing contrails, and watching them disappear, good luck doing that nowadays. There are better chances that the Earth rotates them out of view than them dissappearing. High-school level science does not answer the question. Troll stop being a troll


I saw disappearing short-lived contrails the other day -- and I saw long lasting persistent contrails recently, also. Whether contrails are short-lived, long-lived, or visible at all depends on the atmospheric conditions at the altitude of the airlines.

I have memories from almost 40 years ago growing up near a rural area in the 1970s (and having a childhood interest in aviation/aerospace) of the farmers lamenting the fact that the jet age has also brought fewer clear days due to contrails that would often persist. I specifically remember this because it sparked my interest into what contrails were, and thought it was a shame that they could cause cloudy days. Children and farmers alike generally want fewer cloudy days.

(On a side note, I didn't formally follow my childhood interest in aviation/aerospace, but rather followed another interest I had in architecture, which was probably cultivated by watching "The Brady Bunch" [Mike Brady was an architect]. However, aerospace is still a side-interest of mine.

Here is something that is even better than memory (and something I already posted on this thread previously) -- a paper published 40 years ago indicating that spreading and persistent contrails are not a new thing...

Linked below is a research paper published in 1972 that, among other things, discusses long-lasting contrails that can spread out into clouds:

Measurements of the Growth of the Ice Budget in a Persisting Contrail
(Note: This links directly to a PDF file)

Here is an excerpt:

...Under favorable conditions, a lateral spread of kilometers is observed with presumably comparable vertical spreading. If sufficient air carrier traffic exists, an entire overcast of contrail cirrus may develop and persist for hours with rapid growth in ice budget in individual contrails...


So it seems from both my memory and this scientific paper that long lasting contrails that spread out to create overcast skies was something that was happening at least several decades ago. This is not a new phenomenon.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Well,if you just open your mind, you would realized that chemtrails are very REAL.Look at the facts.Something is happening to our skies,and you can't denied it.

A thousand years ago,you couldn't see this strange figures on the sky.

A five hundred years ago,you couldn't see this strange figures on the sky.

A hundred years ago,you couldn't see this strange figures on the sky.


That would all be because:

1/ none of us were alive then, and
2/ there were no high altitude aircraft then.


A fifty years ago,you couldn't see this strange figures on the sky.


Yes you could.

Here's some accounts of contrails in the Korean War: www.abovetopsecret.com...

contrails from 1949 and airshows in teh 1950's - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's some WW2 contrail photos

Memphis Belle contrails from WW2 film:





So ask yourself.What this could be if we know it starting to happening a few decades ago.
Why is this happening and what are this strange figures on the sky?We have no idea.
We only know someone or something is messing up with our skies and our atmosphere.


the only thing I ask myself is why you know so little aboutteh history of contrails???

edit on 22-8-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think the original question is a very good one, and one that could also be asked of many other conspiracies. You will oftentimes find that most people who believe one conspiracy, pretty much believe them all. And the one common thread between many conspiracies... is the claim that something bad is happening... That we are all doomed, or the government is trying to kill us... Marshal law, 9/11, chem-trails, fake moon landing... on and on.

These are all very negative things. So what I've often asked myself is... Why do some people always believe the worst of everything? And when confronted with tons of evidence that tells them things probably aren't nearly as bad as they think... Why do they then get so angry, as if they almost WANT all these terrible things to be true? I find that to be very sad. My friend's kid thinks we didn't land on the moon. That is really a shame and I find it very depressing.

I saw a video the other day, where a guy shot a helicopter flying over his house. Just an average helicopter... Nothing special about it in any way. It wasn't military... Wasn't even police. What caught my eye was that it was near me. So what I automatically knew, was that this guy lived a mile from a major airport that has helicopters coming and going all day long. But what did he decide to title the video? "More proof of impending marshal-law coming". Now... If this was a bunch of military helicopters, or something like that... I'd say, OK... Whatever. But what on earth would make a person who lives a mile from an airport, look up in the sky, see an average old helicopter fly by... and then come to the conclusion that this somehow is proof we're going to have marshal-law, and get hauled off to the "FEMA prison camps" or something? Seriously... These are not normal assumptions to make.



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk
 


Okay.... let's say they are not real. Now just keep eating your Monsanto Roundup Crops, there is no need for them to spray. You will receive all the chemicals in your food!



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dpd11
 

As I mentioned earlier, I think some people enjoy that "victim mentality" feeling. It makes them feel inclusive in the "Us versus Them" club, or, more specifically in this case the "Little People versus TPTB" club...and everyone enjoys feeling included in something bigger than themselves.

Or maybe they enjoy feeling like the victim because fighting back against the system gives them a sense of purpose. Or perhaps they feel better placing the blame for the world's problems with faceless, nameless "evil-doers".

Here's an intersting blog. I don't agree with everything this guy says, but his feelings on the mind-set of a typical conspiracy theorist more-or-less matches mine:

Blog: My Problem With Conspiracy Theories



posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by dpd11
 

As I mentioned earlier, I think some people enjoy that "victim mentality" feeling. It makes them feel inclusive in the "Us versus Them" club, or, more specifically in this case the "Little People versus TPTB" club...and everyone enjoys feeling included in something bigger than themselves.

Or maybe they enjoy feeling like the victim because fighting back against the system gives them a sense of purpose. Or perhaps they feel better placing the blame for the world's problems with faceless, nameless "evil-doers".

Here's an intersting blog. I don't agree with everything this guy says, but his feelings on the mind-set of a typical conspiracy theorist more-or-less matches mine:

Blog: My Problem With Conspiracy Theories




I also get the impression that it is often a way to feel superior. You hear the same things said over and over... The "truth", what's "really going on"... Everyone else that doesn't believe all this stuff is "sheeple", or "gullible", or "naive". It's like they want everybody to think that they are some sort of super intelligent person who's privy to all these big secrets in the world. Kind of like... 'Hey, check me out... If you want to know how the world REALLY works... Come to me.. I've got all the answers'. Then when somebody tries to inject a little reality, it's like... 'Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! This is how life really works! The great and powerful Oz has spoken!'



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Originally posted by filosophia
The only people I can think of who would want chem trails to be real would be the military who are spraying them.

Source?


Ha ha, you have not given one source to back up any of your claims and yet you ask for a source when someone says the truth.



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by adeclerk

Originally posted by filosophia
The only people I can think of who would want chem trails to be real would be the military who are spraying them.

Source?


Ha ha, you have not given one source to back up any of your claims and yet you ask for a source when someone says the truth.


Why should providing sources be a game - "you didn't so I won't" - if you have information that is "the truth" then why would you want to hide it at all?

But in this case your "source" is actually in the sentence you originally wrote - it is your imagination.

there's nothing wrong with that - you are stating what you can imagine, and I think Ade didn't pick up on that - he has challenged you as if you had said it was a fact that the military were doing spraying.

I have no problem with you imagining that the military could be spraying - imagination is mostly a good thing - I read a lot of science fiction!


where it falls down is that someone might say "the military IS spraying" - that is then a statement of fact - so its veracity and provenence can be challenged - what is the eviddence to support the statement? Is the evidence verifiable, or credible, etc.

And that is what a lot of chemmies do - they use imagination to concoct all sorts of scenarios for what "chemtrails" MIGHT be.....and then proceed to tell us that those scenarios are what "chemtrails" ARE - and when they start saying teh scenarios are factual people quiet rightly start asking for the evidence.......then the chemmies find they don't actually have any evidence and start resorting to all teh excuses we get on here - bad science, illogic(look up argument from ignorance, evidence of absence and burden of proof some time), inventing evidence, etc.

And when that happens it is pretty easy to spot, it gets pointed out (often qith some vehemence), the defences go up, and suddenly all the debunkers are govt paid agents, schills, blind, blah, blah, blah......



posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeadblaster
reply to post by adeclerk
 


Okay.... let's say they are not real. Now just keep eating your Monsanto Roundup Crops, there is no need for them to spray. You will receive all the chemicals in your food!



In which case why would then need to be real at all??



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join