It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you WANT chemtrails to be real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
A question for the chemtrail cult, why do you WANT chemtrails to be real? You constantly defend them, pick and choose "geo-engineering" research as "chemtrail proof", and defy logic, reason, science, and high school level meteorology.

All for what? Why do you WANT them to be spraying?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Because they're awsome? I want to believe.

No seriously... I want to be wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ive wondered this about a many-a-theory out there and I can only come to one conclusion. Basically I think its excitement, exhilaration and the need for that flight or fight response. My boyfriend gets excited at mass conflicts and other things that relate to some of the conspiracy theories he believes in....he finds that piece of info that correlates to the theory and its like a kid at christmas the way his eyes light up. I find its a similar to people who get excited over storms and tornadoes.

Is it something missing from their lives? Maybe skydiving would compensate, who knows. Sometimes i find it disturbing how I see some of the posters here want or need for some of these theories to be true.

Distrust of the government, monotonous lives, a need to feel important and a part of something can be a few reasons why this 'movement' of chemtrailers has taken off. If anything its a sad reflection on society as a whole since theres alot of CTers out there, to think, what the heck is going wrong with us.
edit on 11-6-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
No seriously... I want to be wrong.

The evidence suggests you're in luck.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You ARE kidding right? What? You have nothing to do on Saturday and decided to see if you could spark a debate for the fun of it?

I have no desire to discuss this... at all.

The words "Spraying Chemtrails" already sounds condencending.

There's a difference between contrails and the sky "looking" like something is being put up in the upper atmosphere that does'nt have the same properties as a contrail.

I just want to KNOW what it is that's going on up there.

Go ride your bike around the block a few times and burn off some energy.

Then have a NestlesQuick chocholate milk.

OR better yet... Go to the search area on this page..type in chemtrails..Read 10,000 forums on this subject.

Now you can read until you fall asleep..

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Hmm....seems theres alot of debating on these forums...my word the nerve of these people...are you serious?

He brings up a valid point.....alot of us have poured through the oodles and oodles of threads, sources, links to articles with more sources which only in the end bring up the same old unanswered questions. When those same old questions get unanswered or some new unsubstantiated evidence is thrown into our face bringing everything back to square one, you gotta wonder, why is it borderline religion when in the end its all faith and little to no evidence.

I wasn't expecting such a cookie cutter response so early.....set the OP straight then, provide the undeniable, concrete, no-possible-explanation evidence for once and then maybe these threads will die off....but just like the creationism versus evolution teams, it will never die.

Should also add....alot of those questions we ask of chemtrails are not sufficiently answered so we've basically run out of questions to do with chemtrails and now are moving on to the next logical question....why the need or want to believe we are being systematically sprayed every single day.
edit on 11-6-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
You ARE kidding right? What? You have nothing to do on Saturday and decided to see if you could spark a debate for the fun of it?

No I wanted some answers. Obviously you couldn't answer this tough question.

I have no desire to discuss this... at all.

If you don't have a desire to discuss, I would suggest staying out of my threads. For some reason these questions seemed to hit a nerve. Why is that?

The words "Spraying Chemtrails" already sounds condencending.

Does it?

There's a difference between contrails and the sky "looking" like something is being put up in the upper atmosphere that does'nt have the same properties as a contrail.

Are you a parrot, because I seem to have heard this before.

I just want to KNOW what it is that's going on up there.

There's passenger jets making contrails. Can you read and think critically?

Go ride your bike around the block a few times and burn off some energy.

Fantastic suggestion! Perhaps you should do the same. Maybe you won't be so crabby afterward and you will "feel like discussing this".

Then have a NestlesQuick chocholate milk.

I'll pass, not too good for the blood glucose.

OR better yet... Go to the search area on this page..type in chemtrails..Read 10,000 forums on this subject.

10,000 threads, you mean? Yeah, I've read enough unsubstantiated chemmie claims of chemstuff for a day.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
A question for the chemtrail cult, why do you WANT chemtrails to be real? You constantly defend them, pick and choose "geo-engineering" research as "chemtrail proof", and defy logic, reason, science, and high school level meteorology.

Why do you want them to NOT be real - since you spend hours and hours almost exclusively on chemtrail threads daily, you must really want this NOT to be true, because, as has already been established, YOU can't prove they don't exist. Therefore it's simply a question of which hypothesis each person believes.

The problem seems to be that you can't stand anyone believing in the hypothesis that chemtrails exist.

You spend your life attacking those who do.

So, I ask again - why do YOU want chemtrails NOT to be true?

The amount of time and energy you invest in the pursuit and harrassment of those who believe they exist begs many questions - of which this is one.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Not really. I'm waiting for my kid to buy her video camera. As soon as she does... I'll film the skies here in Tahoe with a 360 shot of the Mnts. on a clear day. Time lapsed.

When they start a "coating" of whatever the heck it is... I'll shoot from the same spot...360 timelapsed.

You can tell me it's a contrail all day. I don't believe you.

Period..

No discussion or debate needed. They're not the same.

I'm not intersted in proving my belief to anyone. Nothing personal. Sorry I was rude.

I DON"T spend all my time discussing it either. Its what it is.

I'll film it when I have the camera. And you can still tell me I'm wrong.. OK.

Then what? Big whupp. Won't change my mind or yours until you have a verifiable source from the Government telling you it's not a contrail.. then what? I get to say I told you so? Again big whupp.

I just want to know what the heck it is. It aint a contrail.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ahhh, wcitizen, the member who "doesn't post about chemtrails" but always posts in chemtrail threads. I'm going to address your post, line by line.

Originally posted by wcitizen
Why do you want them to NOT be real

Didn't answer my question (typical) but I'll bite, I'm not going to believe in anything that has no evidence. This includes god, unicorns, and chemtrails.

since you spend hours and hours almost exclusively on chemtrail threads daily, you must really want this NOT to be true,

I hardly spend hours. Perhaps you're a slower reader than I am? I really hate that people have lied to you about chemtrails, sorry bro.

because, as has already been established, YOU can't prove they don't exist.

Wow. You've got me. It's almost as if you still don't understand the burden of proof.

Therefore it's simply a question of which hypothesis each person believes.

The chemtrail hoax doesn't even fit the definition of a hypothesis. But you're right about the belief, you have blind faith in chemjunk!

The problem seems to be that you can't stand anyone believing in the hypothesis that chemtrails exist.

No, I can't stand people spouting nonsense as if it were hard fact. Especially when that nonsense is contrary to the evidence.

I spend my life studying, I'm a student.

That question is stupid, it assumes chemtrails are real (without any evidence!). I'll answer, if chemstuff was real, I certainly wouldn't want to be breathing the same toxic air that the perpetrators are breathing. There's nothing wrong with that statement at all.

The amount of time and energy you invest in the pursuit and harrassment of those who believe they exist begs many questions - of which this is one.

Thanks for playing.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well this thread is absolute proof that Frater210's idea is working.....

SUUUUUCCCCKKKKK goes the vacuum.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Not really. I'm waiting for my kid to buy her video camera. As soon as she does... I'll film the skies here in Tahoe with a 360 shot of the Mnts. on a clear day. Time lapsed.

Sounds like there will be some beautiful clouds in those vids, can't wait to see them.
Just make sure your kid actually gets to use the camera, you know, since she bought it.

When they start a "coating" of whatever the heck it is... I'll shoot from the same spot...360 timelapsed.

Any debunker here can explain this to you. It's clouds.

You can tell me it's a contrail all day. I don't believe you.

Well it isn't JUST a contrail. The same conditions that allow contrails to persist allow clouds to persist. You're probably seeing a cold front come in.

No discussion or debate needed. They're not the same.

Discussion needed, you don't understand high-school level meteorology.

I'm not intersted in proving my belief to anyone. Nothing personal. Sorry I was rude.

You're not interested in proving your belief, and yet you are going to take (another, youtube has tons) chemtrail video? Now why would that be?
Apology accepted, nonetheless.

I DON"T spend all my time discussing it either. Its what it is.

Or researching, apparently. Since you still believe it.

I'll film it when I have the camera. And you can still tell me I'm wrong.. OK.

Thought you weren't interested in proving your faith based belief?

Then what? Big whupp. Won't change my mind or yours until you have a verifiable source from the Government telling you it's not a contrail.. then what? I get to say I told you so? Again big whupp.

I just want to know what the heck it is. It aint a contrail.

The government already said it was contrails. But that's just disinfo, right? Can't trust those scientists! They aint know # about what I seen!

Sorry to insult your faith.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

An hour and nine minutes after creation of this thread? You, sir, are a genius!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

An hour and nine minutes after creation of this thread? You, sir, are a genius!

Standard reply here.....a false claim backed with a personal attack. Awesome. Way to keep up.

You, sir, are a troll.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow Clouds are in the sky right now! THANK YOU... I did'nt know the difference.

BIG Clouds too. Wow... gotta go.

Gotta get the family outside..they HAVE to see this.. Clouds..

And no layer of crap above them again today...just BLUE.

You've made my day... I'll go stare at the clouds. With BLUE sky above them.

Clouds... Who'd have thought?

Just be glad you ONLY have clouds and CONtrails by you. I know I know me too.. Today.And everyday.

Going outside....to see CLOUDS....

I think Triumph the Insult Dog best explains CLOUDS in Hawaii.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey!!! You guys can join the Defense Team against this Lawyer!!

You'll be helping against the lawsuit because we're all nuts!

You now a voice in Court for you sane ones.. Perfect.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Just in..

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Well its for the same reasons people want their religion to be true.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

The lawyer is a bit paranoid and losing his lawyer abilities lol

So much crap gets pumped into our air by all sorts of machines, factories and automobiles. He would have to rule out all of those, as well as have medical reports to back up those medical issues (which also rule out the other and numerous factors that can contribute to poor air quality).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will need some people to serve as plaintiffs to be named in the lawsuit as those people who have sustained some type of damages. Damages could be as simple as stress from observing the spraying of chemical trails from the jets. It can also be degraded water quality, or having damaged plants or gardens on their properties, or even some people lose production of solar power due to decreased sunlight from the film of barium, strontium and aluminum in the air from geo-engineering.

That whole paragraph reeks of desperation, especially the " as simple as stress from observing the spraying of chemical trails from the jets". I think medical evidence and alot of scientific data and lab results would far outweigh those just paranoid looking up to much and stressing themselves out.

I do hope this goes through however, so we may see what he brings to the table other then the title attorney. It will either be the same rehashed information we see here on ATS presented en masse in a courtroom....it may produce the evidence everyone has asked for and not received and "wake up the sheep" so to say. He will either tip the case for contrails or chemtrails more so either way with how he presents his case and what the evidence entails. We wouldn't want to mount a defence against that now would we?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ahhh, wcitizen, the member who "doesn't post about chemtrails" but always posts in chemtrail threads. I'm going to address your post, line by line.

You see, for the nth time, you have trouble grasping what was said. I don't discuss chemtrails - i.e. whether they exist or not with you guys - because ithere's no point in discussing them with people who have a huge personal investment in them not being real. I've said that before. And yes, you and a few others, have a HUGE investment in them not being real. The evidence is there in all your posts, anyone can just have a look at your post history to see whether it's true or not.

Why do you want them to NOT be real

Didn't answer my question (typical) but I'll bite, I'm not going to believe in anything that has no evidence. This includes god, unicorns, and chemtrails.

As I've said before - there is evidence, it's just that you don't believe the evidence is conclusive. The problem, as I've pointed out many times, is that you don't really make a distinction between evidence and proof. This has been pointed out many times, but you continue to lie and say there is no evidence.

since you spend hours and hours almost exclusively on chemtrail threads daily, you must really want this NOT to be true,

I hardly spend hours. Perhaps you're a slower reader than I am? I really hate that people have lied to you about chemtrails, sorry bro.

People can decide that for themselves by observing your post history....

because, as has already been established, YOU can't prove they don't exi
st.

Wow. You've got me. It's almost as if you still don't understand the burden of proof.

There are two hypotheses - you believe one of them, I believe the other. It's that simple, but you just absolutely won't accept that.

The chemtrail hoax doesn't even fit the definition of a hypothesis. But you're right about the belief, you have blind faith in chemjunk!

Definition of hypothesis: A hypothesis (from Greek ὑπόθεσις; plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. The term derives from the Greek, ὑποτιθέναι – hypotithenai meaning "to put under" or "to suppose".

No, I can't stand people spouting nonsense as if it were hard fact.

Yet that's exactly what you do. You state as hard fact that chemtrails don't exist when that is simply a hypothesis ....and of course, you also state as hard fact that the hypothesis that chemtrails exist is nonsense. The above paragraph is you doing exactly what you're complaining about - you stating untruth as if it were fact.

So - you can't stand people believing in the chemtrail hypothesis, and you're on a mission to prevent any other members from having a reasonable discussion about it.

Especially when that nonsense is contrary to the evidence.

You missed a part off the end of that sentehce.....your sentence should read '(...)contrary to the evidence which I personally believe is most accurate'.

I spend my life studying, I'm a student.

Extra income can be handy when one's a student.
My advice - spend more time studying.

That question is stupid, it assumes chemtrails are real (without any evidence!). I'll answer, if chemstuff was real, I certainly wouldn't want to be breathing the same toxic air that the perpetrators are breathing. There's nothing wrong with that statement at all.

More lies. Evidence exists.
Resorting to ridicule is the weakest of arguments - but no surprise there..

I'm done. Won't be wasting my time replying to you any more. I've said what I wanted to say and I've got better things to do.

edit on 11-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Okay, I got you. There's 'evidence', you just have to believe in it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join