It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Remember The First Time You Heard Rock And Roll?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris
the first time I heard rock would have been in the womb undoubtedly but the first time I was old enough to understand music and actually ask my dad who a certain song was by and everything it was More Than A Feeling by Boston.. or was that Chicago? or maybe Kansas? just kidding. but anyway I was about 7 years old and I just remember I had this feeling. No, scratch that. it was definitely more than a...uh... yeah. The next few bands I clearly remember were Bad Company, Foreigner, and I seem to remember a song or band named Blackfoot... I'll have to look into that one. not long after I was introduced to Metallica and Pantera and Megadeath. Then came Nirvana, Weezer, and Bad Religion. Then Snoop Dogg, IceCube and Bone Thugs n Harmony. Then Theivery Corporation, Air, and Aphex Twin. Now it's Dom, The Naked and Famous, and Arcade Fire. I missed a lot of bands that really influenced me, but I was basically showing my journey through different genres because I like all kinds of music. But it all started with rock. by the way they don't calm it rock n roll anymore ha-ha... just giving you a hard time.

"All the kids have always known,
that the emperor, he wears no clothes.
But they bow down to him anyway.
Cause it's better than being alone. "
"Ready to start" by Arcade Fire

thanks it was nice to reminisce...

Nice Journey!

BTW...It was Boston and yes there was a Band called Blackfoot.

I've had much of the same journey as I believe many people have. It's a rite of passage and a way to express yourself at certain points of our lives.

Yeah, I used the 'Rock and Roll' title as that's what it was called waaaay back then and this is a bit of a nostalgia thread.

Thanx for your input. Great stuff!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I was born in the eighties, so I grew up around the hair bands and stuff like that. Its hard for me to really remember the first time I ever heard it. But I can say Def Leppard, Poison and Guns n Roses, were the first rock bands I ever really liked. My parents listened to a lot of Aerosmith and Tom Petty, so I think that more along the lines of what I first heard. I will say that I was one of the first kids at my school to have a Cd player(it was about the size of a microwave, LOL) and I remember that the very first cd I ever had was Damn Yankees. lol

I also remember my parents got Appetite for Destruction through one of those mail order companies on accident. It was funny because my dad acted like Guns and Roses was the worst thing ever, and told me I should never listen to it, and he was going to send it back. A few days later my dad was playing it nonstop, and we'd drive down the road jammin Mr. Brownstone.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join