It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Setback in Quest for 'God Particle'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Scientists with the Tevatron particle accelerator at Chicago's Fermilab facility just released the results of a months-long effort by the lab's brightest minds to confirm the finding. What did they find? Nothing. "We do not see the signal," Dmitri Denisov, staff scientist at Fermilab, told FoxNews.com. "If it existed, we would see it. But when we look at our data, we basically see nothing."

"Still too early to get excited, I'm afraid ... I think this story will reach a conclusion at the main summer conferences this year -- end of July. By then, the LHC experiments will have analyzed enough data to be able to say something," Gilies said.

Seems to be a VERY interesting summer, with news of another possible fundamental particle its getting pretty fun for me!

Anyone else have anything to add?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Can "it" ever be found ? or is it "we´re just not ready to find it yet" ?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread. Now we will see in a couple of years, when all the high-speed information is in, if the Large Hadron finds it (they are more likely to) or if they draw a blank. If nothing is found by the LHC then will come the time for other theories to take center stage. One, that everything is made from "consideration", could be hard to prove but will gain more traction. But this is a very important announcement, thanks again.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Aleister because: clarification of thought

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have had a sinking feeling for at least a few years now that mainstream physicists are on the wrong track with their theories...but then again, they are the professional physicists, and I'm just an amateur, but hopefully after analyzing further data they will be able to shift their theories in the correct direction. There are some really great "Higgsless" theories out there, and I think they deserve to be given some attention, since the more people there are working on a problem, at least theoretically, the faster it can be solved.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Interesting report from Fox -- I thought that they felt God particle was discovered 6000 years ago when Noah discovered America.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What they'll finally have to embrace - if they actually want to get to the truth about physical existence - is that particles are actually matrixed event trajectories (combinations of redundant and linear event trajectory holons that share an overarching holon identity) that we (who are much more sophisticated matrixed event trajectories) perceive as just as solid and material as we perceive ourselves to be.

There is no God-particle. Particles are identified event trajectories. The issue involves the nature of perception (an extremely advanced form of information that the brain creates out of configurations of residual information in response to its effort to facilitate survival of the body). Perception isn't fact-centric, and yet the human mind is literally composed of bursts of it. This causes perception to be more overhwleming than merely pervasive, and for "perception reality" to be very malleable.

The anomalous nature of existence as perceived at the "quantum level" isn't an indication that "fact reality" is malleable. It's an indication that "perception reality" is wildly inaccurate and always has been, and that particle science is being finally debunked by advances in perception technology. Once the event unit is properly promoted to the substructure's indivisible existential basis, and the indivisible unit of information is accurately associated with that event unit, the mysteries will begin to fall quickly.

This is hopefully the beginning of a new era of revelation.
edit on 6/12/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join