It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weiner says he'll get help, take leave from Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

montreal.ctv.ca...

WASHINGTON — Embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner says he will seek professional help and take a temporary leave of absence from Congress.

Earlier, the Democratic Party hierarchy demanded on Saturday that Weiner resign from the House of Representatives for sending online material ranging from sexually suggestive to explicit to several women.

"This sordid affair has become an unacceptable distraction for Representative Weiner, his family, his constituents and the House," Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, said in a written statement calling for the New York lawmaker to quit.

The House Democratic leader, Rep. Nancy Pelosi of California, said Weiner "has the love of his family, the confidence of his constituents and the recognition that he needs help. I urge Congressman Weiner to seek that help without the pressures of being a member of Congress."

Weiner had no immediate reaction.

Before Saturday afternoon's developments, Weiner told reporters in his neighbourhood that "I have to redeem myself and I am going to try to get back to work."

Weiner said his conduct involved "personal failings" and that he would try not to let them get in the way of his "professional work."

Wasserman Schultz, Pelosi and others party leaders made their demands one day after Weiner acknowledged that he had exchanged online messages with a Delaware teenager. He said the exchanges involved nothing inappropriate.

His party's leadership had refrained from demanding a resignation for days after Weiner admitted sending lewd photos and messages and at least one X-rated picture to a handful of women around the country over the past three years and then lying about it.

Weiner is married to Huma Abedin, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Abedin is pregnant with the couple's first child. She is travelling with Clinton in Africa until the middle of next week.

A recent poll of registered voters in Weiner's New York City district found that 56 per cent said he should stay in office while 33 per cent said he should leave.

Pelosi has asked the House Ethics Committee to investigate whether Weiner used any government resources. He has said he does not believe he did.

Before Saturday's developments, at least nine House members and three senators had said Weiner should resign.

He has repeatedly said he would not.

Weiner said earlier Saturday that his wife "is doing well" and that she "is a remarkable woman who is working very hard."

He needs HELP ...... NOW ??

Whoooah Betsy...

nobody can make up their minds here.

this article says Weiner Himself said He will "seek help", but had "no immediate reaction" ?

it seems the "other people" are making His decisions for Him ?

a convenient way out ?

just say you are nuts !

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
He got caught, so NOW he does the right thing. Oh well, I hope he gets whatever help he thinks he needs. But he still needs to step down.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think they put something in the Evian water up there in the congressional halls, or, maybe its all the microwaves the CIA and China are bombarding them with. At any rate, there's too much of the "pot calling the kettle black." I swear, either you have be a sociopath to get into congress, or become one to stay there.

The dems have lost a good spokesman for the little guy in loosing Anthony Wiener. It's sad.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

www.nypost.com...

Weiner's pulling out -- for a little while, at least.

Serial-sexting Congressman Anthony Weiner headed off to rehab and will seek a leave of absence, as Nancy Pelosi and other Dems demanded he quit following his admission to sending private Twitter messages to a 17-year-old girl.

Weiner's office said the randy rep left this morning for "professional treatment," and will take a leave of absence from the House as he tries to become a better family man.

how much "Better" of a family man can He be by now ?

i wonder what the Head-Doctors will call this one ?

will they give Him more drugs ?

will they restrict His computer access ?

will they make Him wear mittens ?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Weiner for president! We need a man who can!

I can hear the crowds now, in a daze, chanting Weiner! Weiner! Weiner!

Weiner for president!

(fade to black)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What really gets me is that he lied about this for about 10 days straight. I believe he needs help on the lieing part more than he does on those "pictures" part.

He's the kind of guy I thought would say somethign like. "Yea thats me, so what? What I did isnt illegal, so get ready for some more pictures."

edit on 11-6-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
What really gets me is that he lied about this for about 10 days straight. I believe he needs help on the lieing part more than he does on those "pictures" part.

He's the kind of guy I thought would say somethign like. "Yea thats me, so what? What I did isnt illegal, so get ready for some more pictures."

edit on 11-6-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

i think He is a pathological lier.

maybe it's in His genes ?

en.wikipedia.org...

Pseudologia fantastica, mythomania, or pathological lying is one of several terms applied by psychiatrists to the behavior of habitual or compulsive lying.[1][2] It was described first in medical literature during 1891 by Anton Delbrueck.[2] Although it is a controversial topic,[2] one definition of pathological lying is the following: "Pathological lying is falsification entirely disproportionate to any discernible end in view, may be extensive and very complicated, and may manifest over a period of years or even a lifetime."[1]

yep, looks like it could be !

wiki.answers.com...

in fact, this is a pretty good description of many politicians !!

just look at the pictures ... He even looks "nutz-O"

edit on Jun-11-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I think "Wiener's Tiny Circumcised Wiener" should step down...then get a few years of Professional Psychiatric help...then see his Rabbi (if his Rabbi will see him, that is...)....then work out an equitable Divorce Settlement.....then....write a really salacious Tell All Book...I mean, come on...after all, he'll have to pay off all of his Lawyers & Shrinks, eventually...some day......and these guys want to be paid in hard Ca$h (for some reason)....!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Did he think he would get off?

The guy definitely has some issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
dont expouse morailty when you have none.

my only issues here is he lied and cheated which is the issue when your a sitting us congressman.

even for us little people i dont like liars and cheaters.

weiner should resign a leave of absence is just a vacation til the news blows over(pun intended)

in new york where 53% of the people who say he did nothing wrong and should not resign.

edit on 11-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Help for what? Getting caught?

The guy is a healthy man. He has a strong sex drive. He is also married, and obviously shouldn't be if he is inclined to act on his thoughts concerning other women.

He doesn't need help. There is no such thing as sex addiction for crying out loud!

What these elite men need, is to learn to keep their dam pants on and their mouths shut.

I always have to laugh. People like weiner, Tiger Woods and all the rest seem to think they are all somehow hornier than the rest of the men in this country. Yet they're not. It's just that those of us who have had a proper upbringing and a humble existence understand the concept of control and respect for others. These guys don't have a sex addiction. They have a problem of being selfish bastards who are used to getting whatever they want, regardless of who they hurt. Here's a tip, fellas. If you still want to lay down with beautiful women, and actually do, don't marry the one you're with. Very simple.

And for cryin out lud, if you're an elected official in this day and age, you must have enough respect for the internet to realize that whatever you write or do online will indeed be scrutinized. Have a half a brain, guys. Your position of power and your money means nothing when it comes to being held accountable for inappropriate behavior.
edit on 11-6-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah. The fact that he lied about it is what clues us in to what type of a guy he is. I am a large proponent of the concept of not classifying one by their mistakes, but by classifying them for what they do after their mistakes.
We're all going to make them. A lot of them. It's the selfish people who lie like children and put themselves above others. Watching grown men like Tiger, Bonds, Clemens, Giambi, Weiner lie over and over is a big indicator that there's something missing in the way we raise our children. We have way too many dishonest people in the public light today. Call me naive, but I think honesty is the most important part of everyday life.
edit on 11-6-2011 by spinalremain because: spelling from speed typing

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What might make him subject to therapy is the fact that he thought he could get away with what he did in today’s world. Here he is a sitting well known congressmen sending pictures of his organs to strange woman, and he thinks that that will not be exposed!

Didn’t he realize that those women could blackmail him? Or expose him for any reason, possibly even because they have moral qualms of what he is doing.

Or that what he was doing could be found out by others [what actually did happen] and therefore expose him?

Weiner is either stupid or arrogant or a combination of both

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Why the hullabaloo if nothing inappropriate was said or sent between Weiner and the teenage girl?

And why lie about it (besides the fact that the press will make much ado about nothing)?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Help? Help with what? Is it an actual medical condition now to have an affair, be it online or physical? Morally inept, for sure.. medical/mental condition? I think not.

Besides.. he's a Liberal representative in one of the most Liberal districts in America .. there is almost nothing he could do to get kicked out of office. And at the worst come election time he'd loose the primary, but a Dem will always be in his district.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I still wouldn't rule him out for becoming mayor.
While I admit that the recent lying has turned my opinion of him a bit, I do think the majority of NYers simply do not give a crap. Others issues are more important that his Twitter account. Who knows though. We will have to wait and see. If he indeed had a sexual conversation with the young girl then he's through.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
What might make him subject to therapy is the fact that he thought he could get away with what he did in today’s world. Here he is a sitting well known congressmen sending pictures of his organs to strange woman, and he thinks that that will not be exposed!

Didn’t he realize that those women could blackmail him? Or expose him for any reason, possibly even because they have moral qualms of what he is doing.

Or that what he was doing could be found out by others [what actually did happen] and therefore expose him?

Weiner is either stupid or arrogant or a combination of both

that's the big question.....

stupid, arrogant, ....

psychotic, hysterical maniac, closet drug addict, moron, Ritalin user, or a combination of all that !

top topics

join