It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has it ever happened to you???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hey people, this is the first time i have posted on a personal subject and hopefully i wont get it from every1

Have you ever thought you were seriously about to die?
Watching blood spray from your wrist and panicking for your life?

When i went out for my 19th birthday the other night i got pretty sozzled (as you do on your bday) when we were out and I kept drinking at home.
On my way to the house i tripped over and smashed the glass i was holding into my hand/wrist. At first it didnt hurt and i didnt even know i had sliced an artery and that blood was P@#%ing all over my clothes, but i found out soon enough. The thoughts that were running through my mind at the time were surreal, i didnt know what was happening, how much blood i had lost, or what to do. My mate found me sitting in a pool of my own blood trying to torniquet my arm and he woke up my parents.

To cut a long story short i was taken to the emergency room (was 2:00 am) given six stitches, two locals and a free tetnus needle after they suchered my artery closed. Worst. Birthday. Ever....

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Have you ever thought you were seriously about to die? Yes
Watching blood spray from your wrist and panicking for your life? Close...it was the bottom side of my arm.

I was riding my 4 Wheeler (ATV) and it started making some weird noises. So I got off...idled it...and looked at the engine. I fixed the chain gear inside. Revved it a bit, and the small chain snapped and struck my arm. I have a 4 inch scar on my arm about 6 inches from the bottom of my hand. I was bleeding like crazy and I thought I would have struck the artery. I wrapped my shirt around the cut and rode the 3 miles to the clinic...cuz it was closer than anybodys house to call 911....and they said I didnt break an artery or wtvr. They got me out to the hospital and fixed up. I hate the scar tho

[Edited on 7-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nasty stuff, Riding your ATV with one (good) arm, Bravo (i would have freaked out). The worst part was the waiting for me. It took forever to get to the hospital because the alcohol had numbed the pain and brain and i was thinking all the wrong things.
Do you still ride? because i sure as hell still drink :w:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have since then. That was 4 years ago when we lived in Alaska. We moved a year later and had to sell the 4 Wheeler because theres no place to ride it down here.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Cant help but laugh whenever dumb drunks almost kill themselves. 'Specially when those dumb drunks happen to be under-age kids.

Ya gets what ya gets.

And no, I have never "thought I was about to die" but I have had blood pouring from just about everywhere it could. Well, at least all the "vital stuff is here" places.. Head, neck, stomach, etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
well see the problem is death doesnt scare me. this one time riding my 125 dirtbike i came around a corner in a cornfield too fast and saw a tractor coming so i hit the brakes and slid out the bike was on my leg with the hot engine and the heat tatooed honda into my leg. another time when i was 9 when i was shot twice but i didnt get scared i just blasted back. but ive never really thought i was gonna die

[edit on 8/7/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Damn Jordan you got shot twice??

"Cant help but laugh whenever dumb drunks almost kill themselves. 'Specially when those dumb drunks happen to be under-age kids."

Sorry there shidge but I actually live in Western Australia and in Australia you only have to be 18 to drink, so i was a legal dumb drunk thank you very much

How were you wounded then, if u would be so kind?
I suppose the only reason i was losing it was because i was drunk. But forceps poking around in your arm looking for glass will sober you up quick smart

[Edited on 7-8-2004 by Nosferatu Zodd]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
yea i was 9 home alone and i heard a guy breakin in so i grabbed my loaded 12 gauge and put it up against the wall and grabbed a .45 unloaded. when he walked in i pointed the gun at him it was empty but i figured he run. but he let loose and caught me twice. i jumped behind the wall grabbed my arm let go grabbed the 12 and blasted he was in the hos[ital for ahwile.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Man living in australia, that kind of stuff is almost un-heard of. Im not saying it doesnt happen, but my mates got a kick to know that i had fired my dad's 12 gauge a couple of times while in Tasmania, as only 1 of them has ever seen/fired a real gun. That guy must feel pretty bad, getting hospitalised by a 9 year old after already shooting you i mean, thats crazy.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosferatu Zodd
Man living in australia, that kind of stuff is almost un-heard of. Im not saying it doesnt happen, but my mates got a kick to know that i had fired my dad's 12 gauge a couple of times while in Tasmania, as only 1 of them has ever seen/fired a real gun. That guy must feel pretty bad, getting hospitalised by a 9 year old after already shooting you i mean, thats crazy.

the good thing is i was young i felt no remorse or trauma or anything i was like i did what i had to do. actually though i visited him in the hospital. he wanted to apologize for shooting me. he said to me "good shootin". but anyways he admitted he was drug induced and otherwise he wouldntve done it. here is the strange part.i live in one of the more affluent parts of va.beach

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
YOU know what the best thing you can do to stop feeling like this!

Go and take a first Aid course! This will help you not panic so much and you will find you are able to cope better.

Asala

top topics

join