It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Rifkin talks about world problems and the future of the planet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hi,

I came across this video and I just thought I'd share it with you to hear your thoughts about the video.

It's 27 minutes long, but it sure is worth it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by False_Prophet

Well, it's a reasoned, informed, fact-based analysis of the effects of climate change and the global financial meltdown and the US's place in the world economy, so it wont fly at ATS.

Maybe change the headline to "Obama's a mutant reptile' or something. Th problem with discussing the realities of climate change on a site like ATS is the implications of the findings of climate science contradict the ultra-Nationalist agenda of most who post here. Those who will be most effected by climate change will be the global south, and those responsible are the developed world. The Nationalists are strongly opposed to any legal precedent for global law that would give equal footing to the 'global south' amongst the rogue, cowboy nations of the old world order-US/Europe, etc.

As for Rifkin, he has some great ideas as far as 'micro-energy' projects. But he doesnt address how there will be (and is) active resistance to a move in that direction by the existing, embedded 'elite' energy sector of coal'oil/gas.nuclear.

IT's a nice idea, but I suspect it is pie in the sky

We're #ed.
edit on 11-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm staggered that this thread has so little attention. Skeptic or not, this is a profound speech & interview. If anything this interview should make everyone think, planet earth is changing.

Great upload OP and lets have some debate here

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sorry....all speculation. He mentions no sources and in my opinion he is talking because of authority he gained from some earlier succesfull prediction and thinks that everybody will belief anything he says....a little too arrogant and self-assured to my taste.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
First off, to the OP, what is it that you believe in regards to this "Revelation"?

I am not kidding, are you fishing for public opinion before you take a stand? If not then say so, tell us what your thoughts are on your presentation of this man and his words.

Next, this man, who I do not know personally is a product of the Machine. He believes that the Earth is changing (or climate) by way of Man and his illnesses called Petroleum. There can be nothing further from the truth because Climate Change is happening across the Solar System. I believe it is a product of our Sun and its neighborhood influences (Interstellar Fluff); as for the poisoning of the Earth, our air, our water, and our bodies, that is all Man-made, but as far as the climatology of the Planet with or without HAARP this World is preparing for a Shift!

The loss of man as a Species will not happen unless we simply are unable to relearn how to live; it is not about money or jobs or infrastructure, it is about skills and knowledge. Too many couch potatoes who are expecting to be handed their "allotment"; it is all going to come to an end. Man will prevail! Earth will heal! Yet Mankind as a Society will fail horribly!

Sorry OP, if that does not jive with your intent I apologize; again, it is so important for you to always stand on your ground and explain where you stand so that we all may either participate openly or not.

top topics

join