It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600 nitro express!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Unbelievable recall, heh? Gun came out of his hands and him on the forehead......

This guy did a little better but went back like 15 feet from where he stood.

What the hell is this gun good for? Maybe an engine block or really big game?

I think its overkill. Even the .50 caliber is overkill!
edit on 6/11/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ya, .50 cal is waaaaay more than enough. .60 is just stupid.

It also doesn't help that these guys look like complete amateurs at dealing with pistol recoil. I can't even believe that first guy was about to shoot it one-handed. What a moron!

I suppose if I had access to one, though, I'd give it a try, just for the experience. I shot three rounds from a S&W 500 and didn't really feel like shooting anymore, so I think one from this would be plenty. Thanks for sharing.
edit on 6/11/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by scojak

Yeah I don't agree with a .60 handgun. Its just too dangerous with the recoil unless you have years and years of experience. I remember shooting my dad's old 12 guage with no shock absorbtion mechanism and then sticking some semi-magnum shells in there. I would have a sore shoulder for hours but at least most of that recoil was absorbed into my body and manageable.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I can't see this gun being useful for anything at all.

It's like the Desert Eagle. It's all about the 'cool' factor.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I would have to agree with you about it just being about the cool factor owning it. In the military this gun would get laughed out of the room.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What possible situation would this be good for? Get your enemy to try to shoot you with it and knock himself out?
There is a bit of cool factor, but not near enough to offset the price of the gun.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's for show and to show off. I'd love to shoot it!! ONCE!!

Another I'd really like to shoot ONCE is the new Taurus Judge 28 gauge.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This gun was likley built by a gunsmith just to see if he could,not really for a lot of shooting. Some gunsmiths are like hotroddrs, they like to build stuff just to see if it'll work,and how powerful they can make it. It's likely just for fun,an endeavor in imagination.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Good now I can have my bus hunting trip.
Maybe a muzzle break fellas.....or common sense.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The first video posted must have been the FUNNIEST VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN but I kind of feel sorry for that fat dude getting hit with that monster gun in the head. He may have gone into a comma for all I know.

In any case I think that gun is good for safari trips in africa, protecting yourself from bigfoot/sasquatch in north america or simply to show off if you can handle the extra muscle.

That must be the highest caliber rifle in production. Kicks like a mule but the recoil is manageable since all of it is transfered to the body. I would actually own one if I had several thousand dollars to kick around. Yes I am eccentric!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I can't see this gun being useful for anything at all.

It's like the Desert Eagle. It's all about the 'cool' factor.

Check out the damage to the watermellon using .50 hollow points with the desert eagle.

Obliteration comes to mind and yes jhp transfer energy better to the victim, thus causing more damage.

edit on 6/12/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: add video

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have shot a 454 Casul on numerous occasions and it flat out sucks to shoot! You get about 6 rounds through it and that should be more than enough for most humans to shoot.

It is a lot of gun to shoot more than 3-4 rounds through.

new topics

top topics

join