It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Delusional on the Economy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I'm not anti-government, and neither are Libertarians.

I'm anti-government.

The govt sucks and it ruins everything.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

You're, quite simply, delusional. There's no other way to put it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You sound like a half reasonable person

SO LISTEN!

It is only a label, “left aid” In fact on many issues I would be classified a “right aid.”

Is feeding human beings, making sure they have health care, and a reasonable chance at a decent life where they don’t have to starve to death, a left wing philosophy?

Remember the government is supposed to be US! WE THE PEOPLE!
We elect them to represent OUR INTRESTS AS A WHOLE!

If a great number of us can’t find a job, are starving to death, homeless, THE GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP!

VERY SIMPLE . . . CAN YOU UNDESTAND THAT, AND ALL THE OTHER DOGMATIC CONSERVATIVES WHOSE PHILOSOPHY HAS NO MORAL OR LOGICAL BASIS.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

You sound like a half reasonable person

SO LISTEN!

It is only a label, “left aid” In fact on many issues I would be classified a “right aid.”

Is feeding human beings, making sure they have health care, and a reasonable chance at a decent life where they don’t have to starve to death, a left wing philosophy?

Remember the government is supposed to be US! WE THE PEOPLE!
We elect them to represent OUR INTRESTS AS A WHOLE!

If a great number of us can’t find a job, are starving to death, homeless, THE GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP!

VERY SIMPLE . . . CAN YOU UNDESTAND THAT, AND ALL THE OTHER DOGMATIC CONSERVATIVES WHOSE PHILOSOPHY HAS NO MORAL OR LOGICAL BASIS.

I hate seeing people starve, being put out of their homes, seeing sick children not being treated, know that people can't make ends meet, putting old people on ice flows, what have you. But when you say "it's the government's job to help them", what you're really saying, whether you intend to be or not, is "it's the government's job to force its citizens to help them".

While it's true that our fellow man is selfish and probably won't lift a finger if they're not railroaded into it, it's not the government's right to force anyone to help someone out. When you or I are forced to help someone, our rights have been infringed upon for the sake of theirs. It's my right to be an a-hole and not help someone if I don't want to. It's not in my best interest to not help someone, and I realize that and volunteer accordingly, but it's my right.

That is what being a Libertarian means, among other things like it.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

I'm OK with some government programs, though most have overreached their original intent. I'm not anti-government, and neither are Libertarians. We're anti-big government. Any government that has grown so large that it forces business out the country by passing enough laws that are too restrictive for economic growth has not only grown too large, it is committing suicide.

/TOA

What restrictive laws have been passed on businesses? The corporate tax rate has steadily declined since the 70's. A lot of corporations finds ways around the current tax rate (Bank of America, Boeing, Citigroup.etc.).

Wall Street has been raking in record profits. As have the oil companies, etc. Taxes are lower now than they have been in a LONG time for the wealthy. How's that working out for everyone? Lower them even more?

Government needs to be reformed, not necessarily diminished, except in some cases, arguably.

I agree in some instances where government has over stepped it's bounds, like banning smoking in private establishments. I still don't understand how that is legal. But overall, the government simply needs reformed and it needs to represent the people which it clearly is not doing right now.

I think Libertarians and Tea Partiers agree but they want governmental changes in all the wrong ways.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Actually,tobama is delusonial about life in general....he really acts like someone who keeps his head up his a*s 24/7

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

the fact is soros has repeated been to the white house time and time agian.

The fact is 100,000 people visit the White House every month, including celebrities and politicians, even Republicans like Newt Gingrich.

First, you have to show that Obama is purposely ruining the economy. You can't.

Secondly, you have to show proof that Soros is indeed using Obama as a puppet. Again, you can't because there's a very, very, very, very good chance that he isn't!

I haven't been a big fan of Obama so far and can understand people criticizing him but when people make outlandish claims like this, it's hard to have a civil discussion about the actual issues at hand. Just like the Birther argument.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism

What restrictive laws have been passed on businesses?

The minimum wage, for one. How can a small business compete with the big corporations if they are forced to pay employees more than their receipts? I understand the need for employees to make enough to live on, but when mom-and-pops are closing left and right because they can't afford to pay employees an ever-increasing wage, whether or not the employee is actually worth that wage, then we're left with the multinational conglomerates like Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart doesn't want to pay employees the minimum wage that has been mandated, and they can afford to outsource, which keeps profits high. Mom-and-pops can't do that. They just have to go out of business. The minimum wage is one of the largest business killers in history.

I agree in some instances where government has over stepped it's bounds, like banning smoking in private establishments. I still don't understand how that is legal. But overall, the government simply needs reformed and it needs to represent the people which it clearly is not doing right now.

I think the smoking thing, when outside in public, like a park, is going overboard. It's legislating morality, which is something the government is fond of doing. Smaller government won't have enough people to regulate that.

I think Libertarians and Tea Partiers agree but they want governmental changes in all the wrong ways.

It depends on which changes you're referring to. I happen to think that changing government to stop eroding our rights as humans, abolishing the Patriot Act, and ending the bombing of the Middle East are changes that need to be made. So does any freedom-loving person. As much as the Progressives and Democrats love to talk about equality and freedom for all, while decrying the actions of Conservative Republicans and Libertarians, it's odd that the things I mentioned above are all being perpetuated by a Progressive Democrat President.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I agree 100% with you on the Patriot Act and wars overseas. I would venture to guess that almost every American agrees on those issues, which is good to see. But sadly those things aren't going away without a real revolution.

Minimum wage is so low now, I honestly don't know how people can survive on it. This is where I would definitely disagree with you. It should actually be higher that it is when you adjust for inflation. That actually goes for not just minimum wage but salaries in general in America.

If a small business cannot afford to pay at least minimum wage to someone then chances are they are not surviving regardless. The business owner could always work by himself, find another kind of business to run, wait until he has more revenue so he can hire someone at minimum wage, etc.

I just don't see how allowing prospective employers the right to pay someone less than minimum wage is going to help the economy or our society.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

From day one, more than any other President in my lifetime, Obama has kept his promises... It's not always on time, or exactly what I want but he's trying. In his inaugural address, he said that change would be fast, or easy and that he needed all of us to help - and, what happened? we all got cold feet halfway through and elected a bunch of reactionary idiots to the House - How's that Pledge to America working out? It seems to me that we'll be regretting the 2010 elections this August when the country goes down the toilet for defaulting on the debt - all in the name of securing tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, BTW.

Everyone blames Obama exclusively for legislation not enacted. The truth is, he's only part of the process and if the Senate couldn't get an infrastructure plan underway, or a single payer health care system through because they couldn't get 60 votes - that's not Obama's fault. Unfortunately, the right thing to do is often not politically expedient. But, doing nothing is inexcusable. I have been FAR more frustrated by the inaction of the Senate over the past 3 years than I have with Obama. If you remember, Obama's initial version of the stimulus was much bigger and was not 1/3 tax cuts... but that couldn't get through...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join