It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advertising on ATS... your opinions please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
honestly if everyone would automatically just click on a banner or whatever when they came to this page just to get support, it would be perfect. It would help out the site and be really no big deal (about 30 milliseconds of clicking). It would seem to be really selfish to not help out in such a simple way.....as long as there are no pop-ups (i had to say it too even though u said you would never have pop-ups )

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
hitting monkeys kicks ass

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have been surprised all along that there wasn't any advertising on this site. I think the idea of a cnn type of advertising is well overdue. The fact that this site has been run by out of pocket expenses shows great desire for the cause, but given our current traffic to the site, the ad potential should be near reaching a premium.
I say count me in...Anything that keeps ATS running, is worth it, in my oppinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Maybe ads for...

dvds
pc hardware
software
pc games
computer companies...
Alienware
Falcon Northwest
Micron etc
books
tech toys
magazines
newspapers

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
god damn osobad. i had a sexy gif that was 2 pixels too large and was violated for having it had to change it
yours is like 50 pixels too big and it distorts the thread!!

Please change your avatar sir!

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
P.S. No spyware please...

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You know you want a bonzai buddy K_OS

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
also ads for Corn nuts would be fine with me, the ranch flavor rules

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I would indeed click an add everyday if I knew it was helping Simon and the site.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I would definately click on ads to keep ATS going. I'm sure most active members would do the same thing.

Good Luck William and Simon.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Again, go for it.. but no pop ups.. you wanna offer us 5 bucks off xbox, put it unobtrusively in the corner, let ME decide to see it. Also, put some text on the main pages that ask people to click on advertisements as it will help ATS! Many will do it.

NO POPUPS! Pretty PLEASE! (hates to beg)

Again.. great job and keep up the great work! I appreciate your efforts..

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Dear all, I think it important that Mod's occasionally stagger out of Cosmic and speak onn Board issues.
I like the emerging consensus here: colleagues appreciate that Mod's/Admin's (when they're not playing sadistic paranks) actually do care about the Board and membership and are not simply going to inflict something.
Also, they are above mere lucre (Estragon, alas, excepted but he is fabulously wealthy already and has a strong income-stream as a result of Simon's little foibles and past indiscretions).
I think that the Board has grown; it would represent value for money as far as fellow-posters are concerned and the Mod's/Admin's have demonstrated repeatedly that their taste and judgement can be relied upon in such matters.
If clicking a pop-up or a search engine or whatever can help maintain and develop what we have: I'm 100% for it.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am all for advertising if keeps ats going. Keep up the good work

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I just saw an ad about shirtless male teen stars...

I don't think such an ad is acceptible for ATS...

Computer retailer ads, news papers & services, game vendors, conspiracy websites, telephone companies, nlp or psychology organizations etc... Those would be nice I think.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Do you actually get something for just displaying the ad or do we have to click on it ??

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I can't believe that on such a forum that nobody has asked that we have checks on all ads for any form of subliminal messaging?

I'd also prefer it if the adverts remained simple, fact-based and delivered on any claims/promises. Or even better, that they offered nothing but a companies name and a link to their website where we could then make up our own minds about what they have to offer. I don't know about anyone else but this form of advertising is much more likely to intrigue me than promises of the best deals and special offers. As an example(if anyone else has seen this one), the TECHDEPOT advert at the top of my page now i have absoltely no problem with.

As for 5 bucks off an X-box game, if a games worth playing its worth paying that extra $5. I'd also be eager steer clear of any adverts associated with Microsoft due to their part in founding the TCPA(Trusted Computing Platform Alliance). www.againsttcpa.com...

Finally, if possible no popups at advert links destination.

Just my thoughts/ideas........

William, it would be nice to know if you have plans to increase the number of adverts or alter their placement, ie. the forum, main site and pages, top, middle or bottom etc? Or are you also looking for ideas on that?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Great Idea William i dont mind a pop up like if it were to be a one tiem once when you log inot the site but like some boards have a differnt pop up every tiem you click a link or turn a page.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join