It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I.M.F. Hit by Sophisticated Cyberattack

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think the Lockheed and the IMF hacks are different, someone is looking for something specific, more than likely they only hit Lockheed to get the RSA keys so they could go after their intended target.

I don't think this has anything to do with a nwo.

Something else is going on.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OK, Conspiracy time...

First we have the rumor that DSK discovered that the US has no gold - EUTimes

So he gets setup and shut up, since no matter what he says now, it will be "He's just saying whatever to not have to do the time for his crime."

Then the CIA does the hack to remove any trace of the find from the IMF system.

We then immediately send in FBI to "investigate" all the while just making sure that there are no tracks back to the US.

The final outcome, no trace of the discovery AND a nice incident to further the internet regulation agenda.

The shoe fits.......

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijaqd

You just might be right with that. I followed your link to the EU article and Wow! comes to mind!

Upon Strauss-Kahn receiving the CIA evidence, this report continues, he made immediate arrangements to leave the US for Paris, but when contacted by agents working for France’s General Directorate for External Security (DGSE) that American authorities were seeking his capture he fled to New York City’s JFK airport following these agents directive not to take his cell-phone because US police could track his exact location.

That article is like a bomb, and from a report from Russia? People should really go read it. The complexity of this affair is incredible!

But how does that fit with the attack on Sony? What is the potential amount that can be made by the stolen information? Could it be used to cover, even if only partly, for the missing gold? Like the tungsten gold-encased bars China received?

Maybe it was a CIA coup ( they DID warn DSK he was facing some kind of danger, no? ) to push Anon to mount an attack that would make public the fact that gold is really missing, without being directly involved in the disclosure?

Hey, you said it was conspiracy time!

BTW, many thanks for the explanations to my previous answer!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by Hijaqd

You just might be right with that. I followed your link to the EU article and Wow! comes to mind!

Upon Strauss-Kahn receiving the CIA evidence, this report continues, he made immediate arrangements to leave the US for Paris, but when contacted by agents working for France’s General Directorate for External Security (DGSE) that American authorities were seeking his capture he fled to New York City’s JFK airport following these agents directive not to take his cell-phone because US police could track his exact location.

The big flaw in that claim, of course, is that DSK's plans to leave to Paris was arranged well in advance, as he was scheduled at a meeting in Europe the next day with Andrea Merckel.

BTW- Google DSK IMF SDR
edit on 12-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Go ANON GO!

This is how our revolution is being conducted. Why have 50,000 on the street in a confined area whereas they could pick people off one by one? Do it this way and it's a helluva lot harder for TPTB to track everyone down.

This is only the begining! The most committed will continue to win! We are winning!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Today's headlines points to the attack being state sponsored..

Government 'may have hacked IMF'

Hackers who broke into the International Monetary Fund's computer system may have been backed by a nation state, according to security experts.

They point to the sophisticated nature of the attack and the resources needed to develop it.

Malicious software, designed to steal confidential files, was installed on at least one IMF computer.

I tend to fall in line with an assessment posted further into this article which states:

Tal Be'ery, a web Research Team Leader at the Application Defense Center (ADC) said it could be a "convenient excuse".

"It is easier for organisations to hide under this excuse when really it is something lacking in their defences.

"We don't have enough credible information about the IMF attack. It needs to provide good evidence that it was a APT. It is just as likely to be a lone hacker acting out of curiosity," he said.

I don't expect the details to surface considering the sensitivity of information handled by the IMF, but how the story plays out is likely to shape future laws in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Hum, very interesting. I do wonder if they will discover secret documents have been compromised and therefore give an out for the data which has probably already been exposed?

Is anon real or some kind front?

there's always a revelation in every secret

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join