It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Search for Bin Laden's Body

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

just put the thought into the conversation
and is it really so crazy to think that bin laden could have been killed in 01 or 02 or possibly some other time before or after that and his death kept secret until now? numerology is an important factor for those guiding humanity

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I can't find anything that would cause me to think he's being put up to it. Unless he is simply looking for new material for science fiction book or movie or something, although it's rather doubtful he would have to conduct a non-fiction mission to develop a fictional tale, but who knows? I would think he had enough material to write fiction about this guy already!

Here's a few tidbits about Warren himself:

William Bond Warren (born April 26, 1943), better known as Bill Warren, is an American film historian and critic generally regarded as one of the leading authorities on science fiction, horror and fantasy films.

Warren was the film critic for a newspaper in Simi Valley, California during the 1980s. In 1989, he created the ShowBiz Roundtable for the online service GEnie to generate discussions about films and other aspects of show business.

The first volume of Warren's authoritative and exhaustive Keep Watching the Skies! American Science Fiction Movies of the Fifties was published by McFarland in 1982, and he followed with the second volume in 1986.

He is affiliated with Sam Raimi, another film guy:

Samuel Marshall "Sam" Raimi (October 23, 1959) is an American film director, producer, actor and writer. He is best known for directing cult horror films like the Evil Dead series, Darkman and Drag Me to Hell, as well as the blockbuster Spider-Man films and the producer of the successful TV series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Xena: Warrior Princess, Legend of the Seeker and Spartacus: Blood and Sand.

Nothing I see is screaming that he's fraud.

Source:
Bill Warren
Sam Raimi

I did find out that he and his wife are members of LASFS (Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society), and that there is a connection to a Rockefeller, but it's a loose, unproven connection and I doubt it has anything to do with this:

John and Linda Sohus, allegedly murdered by Christian Gerhartsreiter/"Clark Rockefeller", were LASFS members.

Source: LASFS

Unless of course Warren gets mysteriously killed on his voyage, then perhaps that will become more interesting. I of course hope that doesn't happen....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Of course it's not inconceivable.

So how do you then not support the effort of someone trying to prove -- one way or another -- that the official story regarding Bin Laden is crap?

It's one thing to form a "general concensus".
It's another to have a "gut reaction".
Still another to come to a "reasonable conclusion".

And then of course we have this guy -- trying to actually find DNA evidence, which in my opinion, causes everything above to become meaningless.

Of course some, even when faced with DNA evidence and photos, will still decry it as fake, but I do believe the majority of conspiracy theorists simply want hard, concrete evidence -- instead of lip service.

Edit to add:

Keep in mind, if Warren does find the body, he will be able to prove when Bin Laden was actually killed. Obviously, if it was several years ago, there would be evidence of it being frozen to preserve it, or the decomposition would show exactly how long ago he was killed.

Now, if Bin Laden was killed on May 1st, skin testing and other information that medical examiners use to ascertain time of death could also be conducted.

Wouldn't you like to know, possibly once and for all, whether or not he was killed 10 years ago? Given the amount of video released, and all of the security measures implemented due to those releases, I kind of think the American public, and possibly the rest of the world, would be interested in proving all of those audio tapes were fradulent.
edit on 11-6-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous.

If, BIG IF, the body existed it was weighted prior to dropping it in the sea, that
means it was on the bottom of the ocean either eaten by swarms of crabs or
buried in silt decaying.

Given the size and depth of the search area it is not remotely possible to find
a human body, even if it were fresh.

Even with a good idea of location it would be nearly impossible.

I think it would be very suspicious if he did find anything...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

Care to explain your reasoning?

They just found bodies that crashed about a year ago from Air France....but one can't recover a body from only 40+ days ago?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Since many people are referencing the impossibility of this mission, I thought I would remind everyone that, after nearly two years, search teams have located an addtional 25+ bodies or so from the Atlantic Ocean that died on the Air France crash back in 2009.

The operation to recover bodies from the crash of Air France 447, which plunged into the Atlantic Ocean two years ago, has ended with 27 more sets of human remains brought to the surface, a French official told CNN on Wednesday.

and regarding where the crash site was located:

It took four searches over the course of nearly two years to locate the bulk of the wreckage, still containing many bodies, in a mountain range deep under the ocean.

Seventy-five bodies were recovered late last month, more than doubling the number of remains that have been found, the vice president of the French victims' association told CNN.

Source: Air France Crash Recovery...

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this search is narrowed to the Arabian Sea, only a small portion of the Indian Ocean. Even if it were the entire Indian Ocean, it is smaller than the Atlantic and the fact that they could recover remains after two years deep in the Atlantic, it seems logical that finding remains in the Arabian Sea after only 40+ days is most definitely possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
we all know how whacky the Islamist are. Here is a guy going out to desecrate the grave/last resting place of their hero in the martyr sea. What do you think they are going to do to the infidels?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I really hope they recover the body before currents send it to the coast of Japan. We have enough things to worry about without "Osamazilla" awakening and trying to eat Tokyo, Los Angeles, or Guadalajarajajdjagha...

That would be quite a horror story IMO.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

That's actually an interesting twist to the story.

If US forces were to attack Warren's ship and crew in an effort to prevent the discovery of "nothing" being there, it would be quite easy, given the area, to blame it on terrorists trying to protect the final resting place of their beloved leader.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hes been picked to pieces by fish. There is no way they are finding anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Since many people are referencing the impossibility of this mission, I thought I would remind everyone that, after nearly two years, search teams have located an addtional 25+ bodies or so from the Atlantic Ocean that died on the Air France crash back in 2009.

The operation to recover bodies from the crash of Air France 447, which plunged into the Atlantic Ocean two years ago, has ended with 27 more sets of human remains brought to the surface, a French official told CNN on Wednesday.

and regarding where the crash site was located:

It took four searches over the course of nearly two years to locate the bulk of the wreckage, still containing many bodies, in a mountain range deep under the ocean.

Seventy-five bodies were recovered late last month, more than doubling the number of remains that have been found, the vice president of the French victims' association told CNN.

Source: Air France Crash Recovery...

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this search is narrowed to the Arabian Sea, only a small portion of the Indian Ocean. Even if it were the entire Indian Ocean, it is smaller than the Atlantic and the fact that they could recover remains after two years deep in the Atlantic, it seems logical that finding remains in the Arabian Sea after only 40+ days is most definitely possible.

LOL !!!

You compare using metal detection equipment to find air plane wreckage
to finding a single human body that is not made out of metal ?????

Yeah, that's a valid comparison...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
if they didn't put him in a casket ala spock in Star Trek II, he's fish food. Either that or he's next to geronimo at the S&B crypt at Yale

total waste of time, probably just publicity for his next project. I bet you can go to his website and spend money if not directly donate to him

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
how they gona find the body. He was probably taken alive and is being tortured somewhere. That makes more sense...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Reminder: they just found 25 remains from 25 different people that crashed in the Air France flight two years ago. Bodies...not wreckage. They were not wrapped, but rather hit the ocean at what 200 mph+. Yet, they were able to identify via DNA those remains.

How then does one body, dumped only 40+ days ago, wrapped in cloth, disappear? It doesn't.

If there is something there, he should be able to find a bone, a fragment....something.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
if they didn't put him in a casket ala spock in Star Trek II, he's fish food. Either that or he's next to geronimo at the S&B crypt at Yale

total waste of time, probably just publicity for his next project. I bet you can go to his website and spend money if not directly donate to him

Actually, I don't think so. At least there is no evidence of any request for funding, a movie deal, etc. The guy made his fortune making fictional movies, so this doesn't really fit. Further, he is declaring it his patriotic duty because he distrusts Obama and the government as a whole.

Unless you can prove otherwise, Warren seems to be legit. At least so far.

Frankly, I am surprised ATS isn't more interested in this story.

We claim to deny ignorance. We claim to be searching for the truth. Here's a guy willing to actually find proof, or lack thereof, and everyone shrugs. Sometimes I wonder if people are more interested in their own theories than actually trying to prove them one way or another.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Reminder: they just found 25 remains from 25 different people that crashed in the Air France flight two years ago. Bodies...not wreckage. They were not wrapped, but rather hit the ocean at what 200 mph+. Yet, they were able to identify via DNA those remains.

How then does one body, dumped only 40+ days ago, wrapped in cloth, disappear? It doesn't.

If there is something there, he should be able to find a bone, a fragment....something.

Wrong.

Seventy-five bodies have been recovered from wreckage of an Air France jet

Air France wreckage

It says right in the article they went looking for wreckage of the plane and the bodies
were inside the wreckage.

Looking for metal is much easier than looking for flesh, your comparison is not valid.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Version100

not only that, they had an idea of where to look.

where do you start looking for UBL ? I doubt the gov't is going to give any hints. they don't want him found either way

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

your kidding me.. how do you expect to find a bone in the middle of an ocean....

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's funny that we fall for all this stuff. Bin Laden was no more real than the Boogey Man. He was created to fill a hole that was needed to take the blame. "His" job was done and now he is gone. Who knows where is body is, if he was killed, if he died, where he was, or if he is in the house next to you. This reminds me of a guy named Lee Harvey Oslwald. Anyone remember him? Sound familiar? Hitler said it best, "The masses of the people will more easily believe a big lie than a small one".

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
And how long did it take them to find the Titanic?
This guy could be searching till God comes back and points it out for him that Obama was lying and Osama was dead a long time ago.

This might be one of the dumbest searches ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join