It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Search for Bin Laden's Body

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Came across this article today and didn't see it posted on ATS. I apologize if it is a duplicate.

With all of the controversy surrounding the killing of Bin Laden and the (supposed) burial at sea, I was waiting to see which group of explorers would be the first to try and venture out into the deep blue sea to find and possibly recover Bin Laden's body.

Frankly, unless this group actually finds something, which would be doubtful for a number of reason not at all related to conspiracy theories, this isn't going to prove something one way or another really. The lack of proof of the body can not be considered solid proof of whether or not Bin Laden is dead, but it certainly will make for good TV one way or another.

Treasure-hunting explorer Bill Warren tells TMZ, the purpose of the excursion "is to try to find out if [Osama] is really dead and to provide to the world the proof that he is ... We do this because we are patriotic Americans and feel that President Obama failed to provide the proof."

Bill adds, "I do not trust my government or Obama."

The search will take place in the North Arabian Sea, where a U.S. Navy ship allegedly dumped Osama's body back in May. Bill explains, "We intend to locate/recover his body and photograph and video tape him, then do a DNA test on the ship."

Bill tells us, he's using several boats and top of the line technology to perform the search -- and the entire operation will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Good news for conspiracy theorists -- Bill plans to take a film crew along for the ride and document the whole the trip.

Source: I'm Going to Find Bin Laden's Body!

I found several sources, none of which are MSM sites of course. It will be interesting in my opinion to see how this plays out. It is also important to note that this guy comes right out and says he doesn't trust our government. Apparently, not only conspiracy theorists are suspicious these days.

The questions remain: Will he find the body? Will he be killed? Will he find nothing and will this be enough to begin serious questions regarding the raid on Bin Laden's compound? Will mysterious terrorists blow-up his ship?

As far as what condition the body would still be in, here is some general information:

Tamara Sztynda, program director of forensic biology at the University of Technology, Sydney, said the combination of outdoor conditions, insects and water could cause a body to decompose beyond recognition rapidly.

"The decomposition can occur. It starts almost immediately," she said.

"The most visible signs of decomposition are in just 48 hours ... as time progresses it can become bloated [due to bacteria] and that makes it unrecognisable.

"So after 18 day it's well on its way - no matter what the conditions are - unless it's been frozen.

"The ambient temperature could speed things up, let alone the infestation by insects.

"Add to that the water [the body was found in] and then comes the addition of predation by sea creatures and ... the other bacteria in the water."

Source: Body Can Decompose in 18 Days

Here's a chart with information regarding decomposition in cold water:

Decomposition

The above link leaves a wider window than 18 days. If I read it correctly, and I am no expert in this matter, up to 68 days may be sufficient for some kind of recognition.

What's the ATS opinion of this?

A guy genuinely trying to find the truth?
Another rich guy looking to become more rich?
A campaign-like strategy for the next time he runs for Congress?
Will it matter one way or another what he finds?

I believe Bin Laden was killed May 1st, so that puts us at approximately 41+ days out. Further, in one of the versions released on the burial, Obama claimed to have wrapped the body in white cloth per Muslim tradition....I wonder if that will help preserve the body? I should think, that if the wrapping were still in tact, it would definitely show up on the sea floor.

Any thoughts?
edit on 11-6-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's kind of hard to find something that was never there in the first place.

You gotta love the way the media bombards us with this senseless garbage

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm curious why you care?

The guys out of the picture now so it's a done deal.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by real_one

Nobody knows for sure whether or not the official story is the truth, a version of the truth, all-out fabrication, or any combination of the above. There were so many authorized and unauthorized "leaks", in my opinion done on purpose, that the sheeple became so confused and overwhelmed, the entire topic was dropped like a hot potato.

I do think it's interesting that someone is at least willing to try and find out the truth.

Like I said though, this will not end it one way or another unless this guy and his team manage to locate the body, bring it on board, and conduct legitimate DNA testing.

Speaking of which, I wonder what happens if he chooses not to return the body back to the sea??

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Why would I care? Why would someone not care?

Bin Laden is the source of many things and many conspiracies. From 9/11, to our partnership with him in the fight against the Russians, to the Patriot Act, to several wars in the last decade, this man's name has been attached to it all.

The one thing that continues to drive conspiracy theories is when one or more are proven true.

Actually finding the body on the bottom of the sea would certainly cause quite a few on this site and others to sit down and shut-up I would imagine. Me included. Likewise, not finding anything, would keep the theory that he didn't die on May 1st and was never buried at sea going.

How, on a conspiracy site, can one not care whether or not a conspiracy is proven right or wrong? Isn't the ultimate quest for truth? What better way to find it than to sail out and see?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I'm curious why you care?

The guys out of the picture now so it's a done deal.

That people actually think like this scares the crap outta me.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

his death was a timed event, doesn't matter when he died really

as in the nostradamus prophecy:

"mabus will soon die.. when the comet come to pass"

hello elenin.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by kro32

Why would I care? Why would someone not care?

Bin Laden is the source of many things and many conspiracies. From 9/11, to our partnership with him in the fight against the Russians, to the Patriot Act, to several wars in the last decade, this man's name has been attached to it all.

The one thing that continues to drive conspiracy theories is when one or more are proven true.

Actually finding the body on the bottom of the sea would certainly cause quite a few on this site and others to sit down and shut-up I would imagine. Me included. Likewise, not finding anything, would keep the theory that he didn't die on May 1st and was never buried at sea going.

How, on a conspiracy site, can one not care whether or not a conspiracy is proven right or wrong? Isn't the ultimate quest for truth? What better way to find it than to sail out and see?

No it wouldn't as they would just claim it's not really his body. This is the problem with conspiracy sites as that the people are never ever satisfied. Just look at Obama's birth certificate issue as evidence of this.

If it isn't obvious that he's dead already there will be no pleasing you. Have you asked yourself why in the world they would like about this. Hell it's been 10 years so why didn't they make it up before if it's just a lie. Seems the country was getting along just fine thinking he was still alive so why fix something if it isn't broken?

Point is that there's no reason for the government to make this up. Obama's poll numbers went up for a bit but are now back to what they were before this so it certainly didn't help him.

Don't overlook the obvious.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Much like Keyser Söze, he will never be found (if he even existed at all...). Poof.
edit on 6/11/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: if ever...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well good luck find it..hehe

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

his death was a timed event, doesn't matter when he died really

as in the nostradamus prophecy:

"mabus will soon die.. when the comet come to pass"

hello elenin.

How can a timed event not be related to the time of death? Isn't that a contradiction?

If you are simply referring to the timing of the announcement, then gathering evidence, or even lack of evidence, will certainly help to forming a clearer picture of this entire government-run facade of a war and the trillions of dollars spent chasing a ghost, or an already captured terrorist, or a CIA operative, or whatever other labels Bin Laden has amassed over the years.

As far as Nostradamus, you kind of cut and pasted to fit what you wanted it to say. The actual quatrain, which is from Century II, quatrain 62, speaks about the death of 'Mabus', the dying of animals, the starvation of people, and then the comet will pass.

Personally, I do not believe Bin Laden is the referenced 'Mabus'. I am interested in how you came to that conclusion though. Care to explain?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think this guy is full of it.

He must believe the official story to go looking for the body in the sea, otherwise he wouldn’t bother with this so all he is looking for is a photo of the body to show to the American people as proof that OBL is dead. However for him to go to the expense of hunting for the body he must believe his body is at the bottom of the sea. Seems really strange to me, for him to do this he has to believe the official story and he must know how improbable it is that he will find the body.

I just don’t get it, makes no scene. If he has money to spend like that he should use it to help bring about a court case forcing the government to release the picture.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
No it wouldn't as they would just claim it's not really his body. This is the problem with conspiracy sites as that the people are never ever satisfied. Just look at Obama's birth certificate issue as evidence of this.

I respectfully disagree. You have a guy, outspoken regarding his distrust of the government, funding his own exploration mission, to see if what the government claims is on the sea floor is actually on the sea floor. He is prepared to conduct DNA testing on his ship should he locate a body. I would certainly take his word of the DNA-analysis over Obama or any other spokesman for the government.

Unless someone can show what motivation, other than seeking the truth, Bill Warren has, I would say he is a guy that ATS and other conspiracy theorists would celebrate.

If it isn't obvious that he's dead already there will be no pleasing you. Have you asked yourself why in the world they would like about this. Hell it's been 10 years so why didn't they make it up before if it's just a lie. Seems the country was getting along just fine thinking he was still alive so why fix something if it isn't broken?

Wait....what? All I am doing is looking for the truth. Which generally comes with evidence. Even if you believe the OS, you certainly can acknowledge that there were several tidbits of information released to the public that are contradictory. So, Bill Warren finds the body and proves that Obama is a hero. Seems like a win-win to me all the way around.

As far as why they would lie about this -- I can think of trillions and trillions of reasons..... Further, it was broken. The American people and other coalition members are getting more and more frustrated regarding the civilian casualities, the enormous funding required, the loss of military personnel, drone use, etc.

Point is that there's no reason for the government to make this up. Obama's poll numbers went up for a bit but are now back to what they were before this so it certainly didn't help him.

Don't overlook the obvious.

Again, this is the search for evidence and truth. If Bill Warren proves your theory correct -- that the entire war in the Middle East was justified, that the tens of thousands of deaths associated with this war was necessary, and that Obama did manage to kill enemy # 1 -- why wouldn't this thrill you?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

On the other side of that opinion, is if you don't believe the OS where else would one go for proof?

It seems to me that if one wanted to disprove something, the best method would be to begin picking apart each 'fact' as it was presented. Going to court and trying to get Obama to disclose anything classified has already been proven a number of times to be a waste of time and money.

It may be a fruitless search, and as I said, that will not prove anything one way or another.

However, if he does find a body, and shows through DNA analysis that it is Bin Laden, I would imagine that would change many people's opinions of this entire operation.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I never mentioned anything at all about the war in the middle east being justified. If this guy want's to go look fine let him waste his money but i'll guarantee you that even if he proves with dna that it's Bin Laden, within 20 minutes of that news release there will be posts on here about how that information is faulty or that the results were interfered with by the government. It won't kill the conspiracy in the slightest.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

He must believe the official story to go looking for the body in the sea, otherwise he wouldn’t bother with this so all he is looking for is a photo of the body to show to the American people as proof that OBL is dead. However for him to go to the expense of hunting for the body he must believe his body is at the bottom of the sea. Seems really strange to me, for him to do this he has to believe the official story and he must know how improbable it is that he will find the body.

Maybe the guy's being put up to it. Watch him "magically" produce some remains that are claimed to be bin Laden, then the questions end and Obama's the hero once again.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You are getting a little carried away with what evidence would be suitable to end this conspiracy one way or another in my opinion.

Unless you can prove that Bill Warren is working for the government, has connections to Obama, is in bed with the GOP, or any other government affiliation that would show he is not doing this mission for his stated purpose -- to find out the truth -- I fail to see your argument.

An explorer, not associated with the government, conducts DNA testing and shows photos of the body, that prove it is Bin Laden and you think this will not be sufficient to prove it is in fact Bin Laden?

I would consider it proof and I think others will as well.

There is a big difference between a rogue explorer setting out on a mission and documenting the whole thing versus Obama saying "trust me, trust me."

If nothing can ever actually be proven, what is the point to discussing all of these conspiracy theories then? I was kind of under the impression that this was a search for truth. Not some mental masturbation exercise that ignores actual evidence or the ambitions of a person to actually try and find evidence -- versus sitting behind a keyboard and just talking about it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Good news for conspiracy theorists -- Bill plans to take a film crew along for the ride and document the whole the trip.

I hope this does not equate into hundreds of mindless threads that babble on ATS, and a new thread started daily about the new video evidence.

Good find though OP...I think it is a fool's errand that they are embarking on, but it is interesting that someone has this strong of faith in our government, because most people know that Bin Laden's body was not dumped into the sea...well at least most people should know.

edit on 11-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

On the other side of that opinion, is if you don't believe the OS where else would one go for proof?

If this guy is familiar with the ocean like one would presume him to be, then he should know the likelihood of finding a body after this length of time is gonna be slim to none. I think he's doing it for publicity or someone's putting him up to it. Like this man, I don't believe bin Laden was killed on May 1. I believe he died long before that. In fact, that would be all the more reason I would not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of my own money to go out to sea looking for something I knew wasn't there. Besides, even if the OS story were true, I still wouldn't spend that kind of money given the chances of finding the body are next to zero.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

However, if he does find a body, and shows through DNA analysis that it is Bin Laden, I would imagine that would change many people's opinions of this entire operation.

LOL no it wouldn’t, there would be a army of ATSter’s claiming he was a CIA agent.

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Maybe the guy's being put up to it. Watch him "magically" produce some remains that are claimed to be bin Laden, then the questions end and Obama's the hero once again.

see what a mean! he's not even started his search yet

How about people on ATS start dealing in facts and not superstation, speculation and paranoid beliefs based on the vague voice in your head that likes to preach the mantra of “conspiracy” consistently around your narrow minded gray matter.

thanks
edit on 11-6-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join