It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insomnia, and NOTHING works to fix it. I am looking for those who might be able to offer their exp

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The thing with doing that is.... you won't be able to get to sleep if you stop smoking cannabis... which means you will then be addicted to it....

What are you talking about dude? If an insomniac stops taking their medication that helps them get to sleep, and they start have trouble sleeping again due to the insomnia, how does that mean their addicted to the medication? Also you can't be physically addicted to cannabis, the withdrawal symptoms for caffeine are more severe than those of cannabis.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Valerian...oh Valerian. I've bought it today and I'm starting testing it.

THAT THING IS NO LITTLLE STINKY. I knew it stinks but even so it surprized me. (At first I thought it's my foot odor)
Did you know...that cats use to be sexually aroused when they smell it?

Has somebody any tips how to best use it? How long before bed time, dosage etc.?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

my cat paws and bites the valerian bottle, but vet says do not let them eat it.

I had a friend who was getting off of seroquel, that stuff majorly makes you sleep (treats mental illness), they could not sleep for several nights and the valerian didn't work, was very surprised cause it usually really works well

we got Alteril at the drug store over the counter, it is a combo of l-tryptophan melatonin and valerian

this combo worked well for her. Give it some time to work

Binaural beats is another way to go. You listen with stereo headphones, the beats are masked by music or rain, slightly different in each ear, the outcome is if you listen to relaxation one, your brainwaves automatically are of someone deeply relaxed, you don't have to concentrate or make a big effort, it is automatic as you listen to it.

hope this helps

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Have you tried smoking Marijuana? Can be an excellent medicine to help you get some sleep. For you I would recommend a High dosage. I would say get yourself about a gram or a gram and a half and roll yourself one nice canon doobie and smoke it about 2-2.5 hours before bed. About an hour before bed make yourself a nice snack and you'll probably pass out afterwards and have a great sleep. Good luck to you. If this works make sure you tell people.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadblitz

Were you a moderate toker or hard core stoner? (need not answer) If you were the latter be prepared for the crazy dreams/nightmares if you are not already experiencing them. I know of a person that was driven back to toking by them, they were so intense. But they only happen off & on for a week or two.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

Yeah this is similar to what I mentioned in this thread EMDR (eye movement desensitiztion reprocessing) if a person is into excercise doing a bilateral one, like cross country skiing, while thinking about the trauma has a similar therapeutic effect

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If I were you, I would try the Shakti or Apan Mudra.
2nd

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You make a Tea with Valerian.
add suger or Honey .
I have use'd it to make me dream.
just so you know what you will get.
dreams!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Are you watching TV, computing, etc? Electronic devices have contributed greatly to insomnia these past few years. My advice is, start buying ambient music, it will relax you, works really well. Liquid mind is a good band for getting to sleep. Also might try some Jon Serrie or Steve Roach. Drink a glass of milk, turn off the lights and put on some ambient space music.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I too am a long suffering insomniac .. nothing works for me.. nothing.

I have tried several treatments both herbal and chemical.

The only thing that came close to working was Arconite which is a homeopathic remedy.

I placed one arconite tablet under my tongue about 30 mins before resting... and it would initialy do the exact opposite of what i expected it to do... whereby I would feel irritable and fidget alot and seem to be bursting with energy.

I continued with this treatment for 2 weeks until i ran out of tablets... what i noticed though after this apparent 2 week waste of time... was that i found it easier to rest after the two weeks of intense energy and irritation.

And lets face it... if your awake .. then your awake anyway.. so maybe thats worth a try for you to?

I now self medicate using a vapouriser and locally sourced herbs... which seems to work when i really need it to.

good luck mate!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I suffer from insomnia and have tried every over the counter sleep aid available. I found that Ambien makes me feel groggy and crabby the following day unless I get lke12 hours of sleep...lol. Even with ambien I still would wake up every 2-3 hours.

To my surprise, I tried Melatonin and it has been working for me. It can be purchased over the counter. Hope this helps you!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The thing with doing that is.... you won't be able to get to sleep if you stop smoking cannabis... which means you will then be addicted to it....

What are you talking about dude? If an insomniac stops taking their medication that helps them get to sleep, and they start have trouble sleeping again due to the insomnia, how does that mean their addicted to the medication? Also you can't be physically addicted to cannabis, the withdrawal symptoms for caffeine are more severe than those of cannabis.

i agree that your not physically addicted to it but as a person that smokes pot becuase its the only thing that puts me to sleep i can attest to the fact that u become dependent on it to go to sleep and if u dont have it u cant sleep at all. it does let me get a great nights sleep though
edit on 15-6-2011 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Did your doc check your TSH and free T4 levels? Hyperthyroidism would definately cause problems with sleep. I would hope that you and everyone else here having problems, had testing done. If not, your doc is an idiot.
edit on 15-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have had insomnia really bad for years.
All the life style stuff is probably true, but ....
Benzos( Dormicum) works but are a slippery slope.
If you do these always take 2week break, So 2 weeks on 2 weeks off can keep you safe.

I think the best medication is Mirtazapine (Remeron), It really works and can be used long term.
In fact Remeron and a bit of weed is great.
It also deals will anxiety, which is often the cause of sleeplessness.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm the guy that suggested the acupuncture point
yaoqi
above the anus, below the tail bone. two acupuncture inches (one acupunture inch is the width of your thumb.) above the coccix.
o.k., I now have the least evasive method to stimulate it.
you'll never believe this.
Bubble wrap.
Yes, the stuff that you wrap packages in. Bubblewrap actually brings in chi, or energy.
A russian figured this out and patented it in several countries, including u.s.a., starting in 1978.
So, you take a little, bunch it up, put it in a bag, and then, put in under your shorts, above your underwear, and just kind of push it in so it influences the yaoqi point.
Don't push it too hard, don't even sit down with the bubblewrap in position. (might be painful)
leave it for 15 minutes to half and hour, take it out and go to sleep.
Nothing could be easier. No pain.
This point has been used for centuries to relieve insomnia.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sounds like you have a tolerance built up to the drugs... You need to talk to your doctor about coming off of those, do not attempt to come off of very high dosages like that cold turkey, you could die very easily. I know quite a lot about drugs, and gaba receptor targeted drugs are by far the most dangerous of the withdrawals, which is what you are taking. Be smart, stay safe.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
One thing I would like to add is that over the counter drugs interfere with the REM cycle, so even though you may get a full nights sleep there's a good chance that you will still fell sluggish and tired the next day. As far as I know cannabis does not disrupt the bodies REM cycle, however if you smoke before you go to bed you may have trouble remembering your dreams.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

Dear Friend,
Sleep is vital to our continued physical and mental health. God's Word (I am a Christian) tells us in Psalm 127:2 that He loves to give His children rest. If you are not a believer, by virtue of the fact that we as humans require sleep elucidates the Designer or Creator's intention.

Next, the Word says that as a man thinks, so is he. You must stop laying claim to insomnia. Your very words are damning you to this hellish experience. You are pledging allegiance to its authority to remain in your life. Your words are creative energy that bring blessing or cursing into your life. One of the greatest tests of any man's faith is to speak creatively that which he is aiming for rather than verbally wallowing in filth by deifying and enthroning present circumstances.

1. Your SOUL-your mind, will and emotions-were traumatized and that trauma has been imprinted on every cell of your being (read up on the autonomic nervous system comprised of the parasympathetic and sympathetic systems).

2. Physically, your BODY must get off the medication. You will never sleep properly with that horid poison in your system. You were made for health-your body was designed for health and to heal itself. Every pursuit toward perfect health must be pure in that it must be a movement toward empowering the body to once again sustain itself.

3. You must deal with the trauma SPIRITUALLY which will then allow the body to heal itself. God cares for you; He wants you to cast your cares upon Him. He is the burden-bearing, yoke-destroying God who sent His Son to die not only to take away your sins but to take away your sicknesses. Isaiah 53:5 says, "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." If you can but believe that He did this for you and-to the exclusion of what you are experiencing-allow this to rewrite the script of your mind, I promise you He will heal, save and deliver you from this hell.

*Get moving. It goes without saying that you should be exercising and trying to eat as close to natural as possible. Try not to exercise after 2 or 3 in the afternoon and steer clear of stimulants ie caffiene after noon.
*No TV in the bedroom.
*Make sure your bedroom is as dark as you can get it and cover the LED light on your alarm. Ensure your room is around 68 degrees. Try wearing socks when you go to bed-that sometimes helps.
*Once you have turned out the lights and climbed into bed, tell yourself OUT LOUD what a wonderful night's sleep you are about to have. Thank God (or whoever) for all the wonderful things that happened to you that day. Feel the energy of love move from your heart out into the room around you. Thank God for the bed, the hot shower, the nourishing dinner... Close your eyes, place your tongue on the roof of your mouth and roll your eyes heavenward (lids closed) continuing to move your heart's energy out into the room. You will be asleep in less than a minute in time. I promise.

God bless you.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
All of you fellow insomniacs who are saying that your anxiety/sleep meds don't work are describing a high tolerance to the medicine. A harsh reality of drug dependence, it is unfortunate but there are ways around it. Especially with Amiben, as it seems to stop working within 5 days but the plus side is it also decreases quickly. Alternating between benzos and Ambien will not work because there seems to be a 1 for 1 cross tolerance between the two. So, really the only way to have these drugs work again is to stop taking them for awhile.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Centurionx because: grammar fail

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Looks like nobody waste time reading previous posts these days....
That's shame. Many times binaural beats were mentioned, melatonin over and over again with no new info. In THIS POST I had mentioned some Neuroprogrammer session and I uploaded it as MP3. (Also some importand info there about medical cannabis which you shouldn't miss)
It's called "Sleep Induction Session" with monaural beats not binaural. Monaural beats are what many people prefer and it can be played thrue speakers which is really usefull in this case. Neuroprogrammer is the most professional mind tuning tool I've ever tested. You can download aTRIAL VERSION OF THE PROGRAM HERE There are more sessions on this theme. One for chattery minds operating with Schumann Frequency 7,83 Hz, another shorter, one for headphones, another for speakers etc.
PS:
I consider it definitely better than man made chemicals, but it's still very powerfull tool so I advise caution.
edit on 15/6/2011 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

edit on 15/6/2011 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join