It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Attack May Be Imminent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Does anyone know when the "chatter" started to drop off before 911? If we knew approximately when things quieted down before the attack, maybe we could make a guess as to how long we have before the next attack, if that is the same pattern we are following. A timeline would be easier for me, personally. I could then schedule when I needed to be concerned and vigilant, or happy and care- free. I'm getting won out from being vigilant all of the time.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Originally posted by build319

I find it funny that a vast majority of people who believe this is all scare tactics don't live in the US. Maybe if something happened on your own soil and people you knew were hurt, killed or in jeopardy you would have a different take on this situation.

Does seem this way doesn't it, (though sadly there are quite a few Americans spewing the same nonsense over and over and over, like a broken record, anytime new news is reported on the situation).

Thomas Jefferson (1807):

Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day. I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens, who, reading newspapers, live and die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in the world in their time.

The hand that rules the press, the radio, the screen and the far-spread magazine, rules the country."
-Learned Hand, Memorial service for Justice Brandeis, December 21, 1942

Well let's see,

It seems to me that the spewing nonsense is coming from our media and our politicians at the top. Like the reasons for invading Iraq. And why was the intelligence about a attack on America by terrorists in planes ignored.
Crap seems to me our leaders can't interpret intel data. Well Bush did graduate Yale with a 2 point average.

Tut Tut

[edit on 7-8-2004 by tututkamen]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OctoberHorse
Does anyone know when the "chatter" started to drop off before 911?

I believe it was mid August was when the chatter dropped down. Unfortunately I don't remember where I remember that from so I couldnt give you a link.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
continue it's war for oil in the middle-east

Just gotta laugh at this every time I see it.
If America wanted to take over other countries
and keep the oil fields we would have kept
Kuwait and we'd be running over Mexico and
Venezuela rather than flying all the troops,
equipment, etc. around the world into
Muslim territory.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OctoberHorse
If we knew approximately when things quieted down before the attack, maybe we could make a guess as to how long we have before the next attack, if that is the same pattern we are following. A timeline would be easier for me, personally. I could then schedule when I needed to be concerned and vigilant, or happy and care- free. I'm getting won out from being vigilant all of the time.

Unless we have some really good psychics working for the CIA, DHS, and FBI, I would have to say no.. there is no real way to know exactly when and where to be alert.. the way it is all being done now is even suspect because we really do not know what evidence the current threats are based on.

Listen to what you are saying... you want to be able to schedule your time to be worried or care free?

Best to always be alert, but not worried.. no need to worry about things that are beyond your control.

And live your life always happy and care free!.... Forget the schedule!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Maybe I'm in the minority here (won't be the first time), but I believe that there can be several things occurring at once. Just because "terrorism" is used as a political tactic, doesn't necessarily negate the threat of terrorism from outside sources.
I'm as cynical as anyone over the particular timing of terror alerts, but I'm not ready to point the finger and say that the government (as much as I dislike George Bush) has anything to do with actual attacks.
So, the terror alerts may serve to purposes at once: 1. a legitimate warning to the American people (though I think the color coded system is stupid) and 2. political hay for the administration's policies etc.
befuddled, I may be, but that's my 2 cents. I know, some will think it's simplistic. But, I don't really believe that it has to be an either/or situation. It could be more complex.
joey

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
tututkamen:

I am a big believer of not taking everything you see and here from "anyone" as gospel. Truth is an interpretation by the individual who see the actual event at hand. So you are getting information second hand. As I said before you would need to be able to see the event from a bird's eye view, in slow motion, be able to read the minds of everyone there and be able to rewind it and watch it over and over again to get the "truth".

As far as my own personal belief, I do believe something is imminent and there is nothing we can do to stop it. This is just because there are way too many wacko's who don't hesitate to take advantage of a situation and exploit it. Terrorists or not, true threat or not we are always dangling by a string.

On a side note:
I have officially become addicted to this board. I started browsing it at about 8:30 this morning and aside for some of the usual daily activities, I have been hitting the refresh button since then and its not 4:37 here.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz

I find it funny that a vast majority of people who believe this is all scare tactics don't live in the US. Maybe if something happened on your own soil and people you knew were hurt, killed or in jeopardy you would have a different take on this situation.

OK here is a little history lesson for you. Are we all sitting comfortably, then i shall begin. I take it with that introverted comment that you are an American yes?

Once Upon a time there was a little country called the United Kingdom. It had many enemies called the IRA that came from a land full of Leprachauns and Guinness called Northern Ireland. For THIRTY years the IRA blew up many buildings in the United Kingdom and killed many brave soldiers and civillians totalling over 4000 people 90% of whom were civillians. Far more than the total dead of the twin towers. Taking into account the United States is a far far bigger country in a galaxy far far up its own arse with a population of over 200 million people as opposed to the UK's 60 million the total dead per capita is far far higher in the UK than the US.

Also how many times has the US seen a major terrorist/military attack on its own soil? Pearl Harbour, Oklahoma, WTC/Pentagon.

The UK had been invaded and attacked dozens of times by every muppet with a grudge and an army in the past 2000 years and in WWII we had entire cities burnt to the ground and blasted to rubble with untold 100's of thousands dead.

We in the UK have been there seen it done it worn the blood soaked t-shirt so if you Yanks for a second, think you are alone in your woe: you are not. You have had it VERY, VERY light so far. Believe me. And my brother was nearly killed in a bomb attack so i DO know what it is like.

PS: much of the money used to kill my people in the IRA reign of terror came from the US in the form of rallies and collection funding in the streets of New York, its funny but after 9/11 all collection stopped overnight,

The wheel turns does it not...

[edit on 7-8-2004 by rustiswordz]

[edit on 7-8-2004 by rustiswordz]

IRA in the Maze sold hand made items to rich Irish-American Provo' sympathisers, for much more money than they were worth. Bla bla , just got back tonight from a week in Dublin, so I cant be bothered going into it.

And OMG I met so many Americans this week down south, for real but (yes coming from sickboy) they were all nice well-mannered people, weather was great.

just got to love (and love somemore) American Girlies!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
just got to love (and love somemore) American Girlies!

i've never figured that one out. what is it with this global fascination with American girls? i know this is off topic, sorry, but i am curious, from an outsider's perspective. what is it all about? paris hilton?

esther

it's all about the accent for me, American Girlie with a wee (FL) voice saying - Ooh Sickboy, you are a Sickboy!

Well that and the fact they think that us Irish boys are cute, yet hard, which may i just add is totaly true lol !!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz

OK here is a little history lesson for you. Are we all sitting comfortably, then i shall begin. I take it with that introverted comment that you are an American yes?

Once Upon a time there was a little country called the United Kingdom. It had many enemies called the IRA that came from a land full of Leprachauns and Guinness called Northern Ireland. For THIRTY years the IRA blew up many buildings in the United Kingdom and killed many brave soldiers and civillians totalling over 4000 people 90% of whom were civillians. Far more than the total dead of the twin towers. Taking into account the United States is a far far bigger country in a galaxy far far up its own arse with a population of over 200 million people as opposed to the UK's 60 million the total dead per capita is far far higher in the UK than the US.

Also how many times has the US seen a major terrorist/military attack on its own soil? Pearl Harbour, Oklahoma, WTC/Pentagon.

The UK had been invaded and attacked dozens of times by every muppet with a grudge and an army in the past 2000 years and in WWII we had entire cities burnt to the ground and blasted to rubble with untold 100's of thousands dead.

We in the UK have been there seen it done it worn the blood soaked t-shirt so if you Yanks for a second, think you are alone in your woe: you are not. You have had it VERY, VERY light so far. Believe me. And my brother was nearly killed in a bomb attack so i DO know what it is like.

PS: much of the money used to kill my people in the IRA reign of terror came from the US in the form of rallies and collection funding in the streets of New York, its funny but after 9/11 all collection stopped overnight,

The wheel turns does it not...

So - as I understand it - the IRA is less effective than the Bin Laden gang!

For THIRTY years the IRA blew up many buildings in the United Kingdom and killed many brave soldiers and civillians totalling over 4000 people 90% of whom were civillians. Far more than the total dead of the twin towers.

In one day - nearly 3,000 people were killed compared to 4,000 in thirty years - haven't the street gangs or the Italian Mafia in the USA killed more than that in a shorter period of time?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just because there has been a drop in chatter over the airwaves does not mean there is an imminent attack due. I spent 5 years attached to military intelligence whilst in the army and i would like to think i know what im talking about. Spells of quietness happen all the time you dont have non stop chatter on the airwaves 24/7. There are people who think that because the line goes silent that the terrorist has decided to get of the phone and get physical which is not the case. And by the way these people do have more secure ways of communication than to pick up the phone and plan the next 9/11 whilst the whole military ears is listening these people are more clever than that. I dont dispute the fact that there will be another attack in the future however we wont know about it until it happens cos if we did we would stop it. I dont think Osama Bin Lid will be responsible though i think the americans already have him and just use his face and unknown whereabouts as an excuse to put fear in the public about the next attack which will once again be all down to the american goverment playing god with their own people. Osama Bin Lid is probably at camp David right now making 2 fruit smoothies and running a bath for when george gets home.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join