It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian group organizes flotilla to Gaza.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This thread which is rather interesting has been de-railed by inflatory racist rhetoric. Even if the IDF did kill inoccent Canadians it still does not justify killing Israeli's, especially because they are not in control of everything their government does.

Stick to the topic. This is interesting as it could have serious PR implications for Israel.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have to agree with Sane Thinking. There is a system in place for exactly this cause.

The only reason to sail a flotilla to Gaza is that of provocation.

Before you cheer them on, think for just one second; What purpose does this serve, other than to try and test one of the world's most powerful militaries infront of the world's media?

It is dangerous to initiate one of these voyages under such a pretence as doing noble charity work.

It encourages others to risk their lives potentially.

Rachael Corrie was cheered by many in her sacrifice. However, what did she achieve? Other than to deny her parents of a daughter and encourage more to get killed in the name of making Israel look bad?

If you are genuine in wanting to help the people of Gaza, then send aid through the proper channels.

If you want to risk your life and provoke an international incident, sail a ship towards the blockade and don't forget to load some 'aid' to validate your provocation.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
reply to post by purplemer

I have no love for any being of religion in that whole area...christian , muslim, jew I have no love for any of them. Almost every problem we face today can be traced back to those 3 groups....thanks a holes.

Thank you for your fascinating and generous opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Here is a partial list of banned and permited items that Israel monitors: gisha.org...

As you can see, the majority of items which are prohibited would enable Gaza to become an independent and self-sufficient area. This is somthing the Gazans clearly want. They need cattle, but it is banned. I guess the terrorists can attatch rockets to them or somthing? They need building materials but most of it is banned.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I was in Israel as a US soldier, A glorified techie to be exact. My treatment there was horrible. I got yelled out, spat at, and had rocks thrown at me by civilians. So as far as I'm concerned they can all burn in atomic fire I dont care about them at all.

You see there you were in my eyes a US serviceman on assignment with first hand experience of "horrible" treatment and thus potentially a reason for your previous posts, as such taking you at your word I was going to star you for a variety of reasons but your last sentence just lost that little bit of respect I had for someone I disagreed with but was prepared to understand, now I just think your a bit of a loon and not worthy of anyone's respect.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
any state including israel whith atomic weapons is prepared to see themselves and everyone else burn in atomic fire..so odd comments appear to be a two way street.

we know if Canadians are killed Harper will most likeley side with israel
or else ( remember when israel was busted doimg internatioal terror with Canadian pass ports...?
which might be why some Canadians are doing this...

www.jewishtoronto.com...

PS

Israel is hard at work to stop international citizen activists groups from 22 countries that form the Gaza Freedom Flotilla from sailing in less than three weeks to bring international attention to Israel’s brutal siege on Gaza. As a part of Israeli government propaganda, the civil society to civil society project is purposefully and wrongly portrayed by the Israeli government as sending weapons and “material support” to Gaza’s democratically elected government headed by Hamas — a group Israel and the United States have designated as a terrorist organization.

Extensive investigations by the United Nations, Turkey and even the Israeli government concluded there were no weapons on any of the six ships of the 2010 flotilla and that the cargo was consigned to non-governmental organizations in Gaza. However, the Israeli government never lets truth get in the way of its propaganda machine!

Israel’s massive diplomatic offensive on European countries, Turkey, Canada and the United States that strongly demands countries not allow ships and passengers to sail has been followed by a new type of warfare called “lawfare.”

Instead of direct military “warfare,” the Israeli government and its front organizations, American Israeli Public Affairs Council (AIPAC) and the Shurat HaDin Law Center, are using lawsuits filed against insurance and satellite telephone companies that may sell equipment to the flotilla organizers and against citizen activist groups that have raised funds to purchase ships as strategies to attempt to stop the flotilla.

jhaines6.wordpress.com...
edit on 11-6-2011 by Danbones because: PS

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I too am sick of war thats why I am sick of those groups, if they ceased to exist we would have alot less war. We'd have almost no wars since Vietnam if the middle east was wiped away. The rest of the world is like ok fighting got us nowhere lets get along in relative peace and harmony and make the best of this. But then we have those rejects who revel in destruction and cant allow peace, some how the simplest of concepts has slipped past the worlds oldest civilizations.

Someone's a big fan of the NWO by the looks of it

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This has officially proven the whole flotilla trend to be based around making bad PR to Israel.
The Turks had their option to insert their "aid" through normal means and that was Ashdod Port in Israel after inspection of the cargo.

Now the Canadians have two ways - Ashdod Port and Raffiah passage that Egypt opened.

Somehow they still insist on breaking a naval blockade. Why? Because this is purely out to attain bad PR for Israel and not about helping Palestinians or anyone but themselves.

They will be stopped, like all flotillas are (most don't even set sail even though they make bombastic claims about going to 'free Palestine'. Idiots like 4Starlight2Decay0 who say they are going to start killing Israelis if this will happen are going to watch this with raging tearing eyes.

Btw, 4Starlight2Decay0, that's a truly brave feat of you. Claiming to start killing people on-line. You are one hard-core badazz.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I have to agree with Sane Thinking. There is a system in place for exactly this cause.

The only reason to sail a flotilla to Gaza is that of provocation.

Before you cheer them on, think for just one second; What purpose does this serve, other than to try and test one of the world's most powerful militaries infront of the world's media?

NO, it's accepting that like MANY countries and people believe, Israel's blockade is ILLEGAL..

Not trying to pass through is to ignore the fact Israel believes it is a law unto itself..
They need to know they need to be part of the international community and accept the laws that entails..
Not make up their own as and when it suits them..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy
normal means and that was Ashdod Port in Israel after inspection of the cargo.

Now the Canadians have two ways - Ashdod Port and Raffiah passage that Egypt opened.

In what way does getting restricted piss soaked produce through Ashod Port constitute Normal.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Since the Egyptians have opened the Borders with Gaza - doesn't that render the pretense of 'humanitarian aid' for these convoys void!?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

This has officially proven the whole flotilla trend to be based around making bad PR to Israel.

Awwwwwe the poor Israeli's, how dare they be inconvenienced by bad PR.How can they expect committing piracy in international waters and execute innocent people and not expect bad PR.

As for the whole flotilla trend you mention, I believe it is a great way to get tons of aid from many different groups of people. Israel has managed to convince most the world that they possess the right to do what they want when they want, yet at the same time they commit acts they claim to be trying to prevent. So they expect to have the world helplessly watch aid trickle in from these other available crossings that are governed with so much red tape and bureaucracy that the amount of aid from these flotillas is much more than any amount of aid that could come in at these other crossings.

At the very most Israel should be allowed to inspect the ships for weapons. But since Israel considers condiments such as spice and jam illegal materials, they would not allow most of the aid.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people setting up these flotillas, if Israel doesn't like it they can go suck a rotten egg.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Answer me this question then.

You would encourage more flotillas of this nature?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I believe it is a great way to risk the lives of others from the comfort of our arm chairs.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

Answer me this question then.
You would encourage more flotillas of this nature?

I would encourage Russia to send it's entire fleet of warships if I could..

The blockade is "Illegal" and is only in place because Israel wishes to starve and dehumanize the Palestinians..
It has nothing to do with weapons smuggling which could just as easily come across land or now through Egypt..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Using the interception and boarding of the MV Mavi Marmara last year as a case in point towards the legallity of the blockade in question.

Regarding the legality of the Naval Blockade imposed by Israel;

"On the basis that Hamas is the ruling entity of Gaza and Israel is in the midst of an armed struggle against that ruling entity, the blockade is legal," said Philip Roche, partner in the shipping disputes and risk management team with law firm Norton Rose."

Regarding the interception that took place outside of Israeli territorial waters;

"Under the law of a blockade, intercepting a vessel could apply globally so long as a ship is bound for a "belligerent" territory, legal experts say."

Regarding the boarding in International waters being described as that of an act of piracy;

"Whether what Israel did is right or wrong, it is not an act of piracy. Piracy deals with private conduct particularly with a pecuniary or financial interest," Kraska said."

Source:

uk.reuters.com...
edit on 12-6-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

"On the basis that Hamas is the ruling entity of Gaza and Israel is in the midst of an armed struggle against that ruling entity, the blockade is legal," said Philip Roche, partner in the shipping disputes and risk management team with law firm Norton Rose."

You're quoting a guy that is involved in shipping insurance and even then he has only been doing it for a few years..

Not exactly an expert in the field or official verification in any way..
I have to question is he the best you got to prove legality??
If so then I'll go with the international view that the blockade is "ILLEGAL"...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Please define 'International view'.

Are you suggesting that everyone except Israel views the Naval Blockade as 'Illegal' ?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

Please define 'International view'.
Are you suggesting that everyone except Israel views the Naval Blockade as 'Illegal' ?

No, but international consensus says it is..
Anyways, this is old ground..
All been discussed countless times..

Israel refuses to even acknowledge their position on Gaza so using any law as a base is useless..
Israel knows that and plays the game well...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The question should be asked, why not take the aid through Egypt or the Port of Aden? It is what both countries would want, and it would allow for the aid to get to the Palestinians? Even when the first flotilla went through to break the blockade, the question was raised why they could not go through either the Port of Aden or through Egypt, why aggrivate the situation by pulling this off? The more that things like this occure, the less likely that either side is willing to do anything towards peace. It only adds fuel to the flames and will end badly all around. Ultimately the concerns of Isreal is one that has valid roots in history, and the cries of the Palenstians are valid. But both sides have to give alittle to get peace in the region, which as long as the Isrealies feel threatened, they will not budge and as long as the harsh conditions the Palenstians live under, will not budge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join