It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Of America Threatens To Foreclose On Homeowner If He Doesn't Pay $0.00 ASAP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, he ended up $150 better off and had a good tale to tell down the pub. No harm done. Except perhaps to the bank's reputation.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
He owed less than a penny,probably 0.5 cent.What a deadbeat.Bank of America had the common decency not to round it up to a penny,therefore providing the customer unneccessary financial hardship.In light of the generosity,this person should cut a check for a penny and hand deliver it to the bank so they can replenish their financial reserves.

This thread www.abovetopsecret.com... state writing a check for less than $1 is illegal. He might very well be put in jail or get a big fine for paying that penny with a check, just so he could save his house.
Sad times we live in...

edit on 11-6-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

No they won't. They would get a government bailout.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

QFT^

Its probably much more costly for BoA then it will be for him. They spent the oney mailing him a bill for 0.00 and any processing for paperwork for foreclosure. Then the time on the phone if he calls them and fixes it. The the time to fix his credit bureau.
They arent going to go to court just to lose a case that is obviously a computing error.

It will be a test on his patience for sure but technology isn't perfect, especially since humans make it lol. Hopefully they are speedy on fixing the CBR for him though since that will be important in the meantime.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't even try calling BOA. I would wait to see how they could justify foreclosure on my house. If they even tried they would have one hell of a law suit, and the negative publicity about BOA would go national. I wouldn't waste the cost of a stamp to send them a check for 0. How ridiculous is that?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

i'm not defending BofA but this is a sad reminder of todays USA workplace: horribly understaffed & overworked. those 'left behind' following lay-off after lay-off are so deep in doo-doo they no longer may function effectively. they have the work of many people piled high on their desks.

worse yet, many companies who are doing well and making money ( hello, Bank of America ) step right up and take advantage in the economy down-turn to fire people for the sake of firing people. saves them money all around while making their employees miserable. the lowest paid clerks and the customers suffer the worst.

i hope the bankers and all the other money-hungry scumbags in the USA burn in the fiery pits of hell.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have read so many things about the Bank of A its not even slighty amusing any more.

I would advise all people to have nothing to do with anything that has America in the title.

You will either be locked up, fondled, told to bend and unclench, photographed, molested, fired, fined or killed.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I never will understand why most of us Americans buy into financing an average of 250,000 to 500,000 for a tiny house on a tiny lot, and paying taxes on double of what the true market value is these days. Ditto for cars. Houses (and auto) and basic needs - why are they so outrageously overpriced? Anyways, BOA is behinds hundreds of foreclosure sales, mortgage & mers sales. Basically, BOA has exhibited a pattern of selling bank-owned property and managing to reposess them a few days after receiving payment in full at closing. and the Fed looks the other way on these bankster buddes. Ponzi scheme on roids, i tell ya!
www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-6-2011 by Enkii because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join