It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Might Be Christian If.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Can't we all just love each other who cares what religion you belong to please ladies and gentlemen

Seriously if there is a god we're probably all going to hell anyways i mean think about it , believing in god/allah , going to church , reading the bible/quran , telling people about god/allah , etc , etc isn't going to get you into heaven i'll tell you what will get you into heaven and this is of course if it exists.. is how you treat your fellow human beings here on earth not what religion you practice or who you believe in .

Christians , Jews , Muslims and non-believers( Atheists ) can do whatever they want but please don't try and force your beliefs on me please and thank you

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

Wouldn't that be nice, if we could all get along?

Well the problem is hatred and prejudice are written into dogma. Palestine was promised by two Gods in two different bibles (Juduism and Islam) - It's holy land, and they will fight each other and they will hate each other just because they belong to a different religion; it's the same in Ireland, and many other parts of the world; even ATS. Separation, division, hostility, prejudice.

And of course it will cause prejducice, if the bibles' appeal is the strict rules and codes and the fact it's the "Word of God" of course it's going to cause social anxiety, disagreement and superstition.

No one is forcing a lack of belief down your neck. No one is threatening you with hell unless your "convert" to Atheism, no one claiming that atheism is morally superior, I don't know of any atheist threatening mothers with their children's eternal souls.
edit on 12/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Mods on here have always been bias toward the ignorant..i mean 'faithful'.

Snide! Star and flag from American Atheists for you, no doubt...
The opposite's actually true - the Mods seem pretty biased towards your camp... Mind, your posting previous to this one, displayed breath-taking ignorance, so I suppose you're right after all!
V

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
Since we all knew this was going to turn into a christian mud slinging, I can offer only this:

Theists are quick to laugh at atheist jokes, cartoons and funny articles, but you better not say anything about Jesus!!

It's hypocrytical that the majority of the posts here are "cruicifying" (pun intended) the OP because he posted what he thought was funny and wanted to share. They come from the shadows to "pray" for him and to put him down for even suggesting such a thing, yet they will be just as eager to laugh at an atheist just the same.

Shame on all of you,

It's just a joke, grow up and laugh.

King

Your lack of capacity to understand the problem forced me to add one more post. For you the OP it was just funny and we are not suppose to say a word. You think that way, because you are not christian.

Now let's take something considered for you as much important as chrisitanism is for us, something that you woudn't like to see somebody else making jokes about. Your family for example ?....don't get offended. Everytime one of you offend christianism and Jesus, we feel like that.

Of course, all families have bad members and would be silly to deny it, but there is no reason to disrespect them.

As you see, you are the one who come from the shadows.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
...Of course it's a bit of fun, and is riddled with straw men and fallacies...
A&A
edit on 11/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

Exactly. So being riddled, by your own admission, with straw men and fallacies...wouldn't that make this a hoax thread by an admitted troll?

edit on 11-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

Even the pro-atheist side, usually including some science/logic/objective-procedure can have some self-ironic introspection.

Zen and sufi humour on points of misapplied intellectualism is appreciated amongst truth-seekers of a certain kind. 'Trolling' isn't necessarily demonstrated because 'a bit of fun' is included.

Some moderate mud-flinging and intricate sarcasm has never hurt anyone, it only enlivens a thread.
edit on 12-6-2011 by bogomil because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Your points have ZERO to do with Christianity and EVERYTHING to do with humanity....

Christianity has a theology behind it which is not based on anything you've mentioned...

You don't seem very awake or aware... ironic isn't it
edit on 11-6-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

So what is 'christianity'? Its theology or christians?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Oh my little grasshopper.....you know so little. Why would you mock "some Christians" for to judge anyone is also judging yourself.

Think outside of the box.

I also second what Ashley said as well.

Peace to you and yours.
xoxoxox

A patronizing argument on line with:

"If I'm accused of oppression, than I'm oppressed".

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by The GUT

...Of course it's a bit of fun, and is riddled with straw men and fallacies...
A&A
edit on 11/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

Exactly. So being riddled, by your own admission, with straw men and fallacies...wouldn't that make this a hoax thread by an admitted troll?

edit on 11-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

...Some moderate mud-flinging and intricate sarcasm has never hurt anyone, it only enlivens a thread.
edit on 12-6-2011 by bogomil because: punctuation

Essentially agreed, most excellent Bogomil. I didn't feel threatened by the OP but,
as always, just trying to give as good as I get.

I'm usually fairly good-natured when toying with the human puppets of demons.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

You wrote:

["I'm usually fairly good-natured when toying with the human puppets of demons."]

I know, oh even more excellent Gut. Putting your abode as China Town, you may have some of the intricate asian sense of humour, which I like.

But getting somewhat back to topic: What demons are you referring to? Those from the Jahveh gang, or those from the Satan gang?

Considering that they are at least first cousins (according to the mythology around it) it may all be a family-feud with mankind as pawns.

Being a christian is a bit like it was choosing side in the 'cold war'. The common man would loose in any case.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

You wrote:

["I'm usually fairly good-natured when toying with the human puppets of demons."]

I know, oh even more excellent Gut. Putting your abode as China Town, you may have some of the intricate asian sense of humour, which I like.

But getting somewhat back to topic: What demons are you referring to? Those from the Jahveh gang, or those from the Satan gang?

Considering that they are at least first cousins (according to the mythology around it) it may all be a family-feud with mankind as pawns.

Being a christian is a bit like it was choosing side in the 'cold war'. The common man would loose in any case.

I was away preparing some dim sum for most honorable Father & family and was delighted to find your response awaiting me.

It's kind of hard to say, formidable Bogomil, but it looks more like an Uncle (Angels) & Nephew (Demons) relationship. But, yes, a familial relationship does indeed exist.

And, I have certainly considered your "cold war" hypothesis before. Only a fool takes any proposition at face value. That's why the Word has such praise for the Bereans: They didn't believe on the word of men, but searched the scriptures carefully to see if they held weight. They found that it did.

So the Bereans are held up to us--by Almighty God--as an example. An encouragement to seek the truth...not blindly adopt it.

My own research--including fieldwork--has led me to believe, however, that one side of the equation actually does care for my wellbeing, while the opposing team would like to drag me kicking and screaming to a mutually inclusive doom.

A close look at our world should make us consider carefully that the Bible appears to have "called it" time and time and time again. It's preternatural prescience, for me, becomes the final clue in my own personal conclusion.

Peace My Friend.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Your lack of capacity to understand the problem forced me to add one more post. For you the OP it was just funny and we are not suppose to say a word. You think that way, because you are not christian.

Now let's take something considered for you as much important as chrisitanism is for us, something that you woudn't like to see somebody else making jokes about. Your family for example ?....don't get offended. Everytime one of you offend christianism and Jesus, we feel like that.

Of course, all families have bad members and would be silly to deny it, but there is no reason to disrespect them.

As you see, you are the one who come from the shadows.

Your ignorance boggles the mind. I find it funny regardless of my religious affiliation because I can take a joke.

You can insult my parents, you can insult me, you can insult my being an athiest, go right ahead; for I have learned something that you obviously have not....

Sticks and stones my friend, sticks and stones. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean it isn't funny to other people, and it doesn't give you the right to put down those who think it is funny. Remember the cartoon about Mohammad? You are no different except you haven't taken it to the complete extreme yet.

I stated a simple fact that you and many others like you can't handle a joke about your religion, and you are obviously not that much into "christianism", otherwise:

"Turn the other cheek" sound familiar?

Like I said, learn to take a joke, grow up, and stop complaining. If you don't like it, don't read it.

King

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Noble person, whose' words this humble one is hardly worthy of recieving, This one actually had to search for 'bereans', because it's wisdom and knowledge is too small.

So exalted grandfather in spirit, obviously having no honorable ancestors around to distract from truth, the author of this thread put a relevant question: 'The self-proving circle-argumentation of the bible', which may be considered. At leisure ofcourse.

And on a more personal level, this unworthy one also have some speculations, which hopefully will not interfere with the digestion of undoubtly superior dim sum. These speculations run parallel to the thread-author's thoughts.

Demons appearing to be former angels, who without actually having 'free will' (according to some, and especially Calvinists, who in any case never have been keen on 'free will'), in spite of not having any 'free will' nonetheless demonstrated 'free will' by rebelling.

So this unenlightened one will presume in its endarkened'ness and find a common denominator in the rather essential rebellions taking place in connection with the personificated ultimate truth and reality, as described in the bible.

This key-concept being 'authority'.

So insightful person, how did the bereans avoid the traps of circle-argumentation and self-proclaimed authority?

I am glad to hear, that the celestial powers are benevolent to you and are present in China Town (may your venerable family be included), but this one, created to polish shoes or empty latrines, cannot help to have some sympathy for the 'opposing team', which wanted to introduce 'light'. The opposing team being led by an arch-liberal called the light-bringer.

In some funny inverted way, this unpolished germanic one, actually find a 'look at the world' considering the amount of suffering in it, is better described by asian philosophy, where the cure for suffering also seems to be better than mankind taking blame for what Mara has the responsibility for.

Sincere greetings from this one's prostrated position

Bogomil

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by PS3Geek

Well the problem is hatred and prejudice are written into dogma.

Still pointing the finger at religion? Still don't get the fact that hatred and prejudice exist without dogma?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

reply to post by PS3Geek

Well the problem is hatred and prejudice are written into dogma.

Still pointing the finger at religion? Still don't get the fact that hatred and prejudice exist without dogma?

The invasive mindset of missionary fanatics (from many types of ideology) would exist without dogmas. The dogmas etc. are the tools they use to brainwash mankind into obedience and submission.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

...So exalted grandfather in spirit, obviously having no honorable ancestors around to distract from truth, the author of this thread put a relevant question: 'The self-proving circle-argumentation of the bible', which may be considered. At leisure ofcourse...So insightful person, how did the bereans avoid the traps of circle-argumentation and self-proclaimed authority?...

...I am glad to hear, that the celestial powers are benevolent to you and are present in China Town (may your venerable family be included), but this one, created to polish shoes or empty latrines, cannot help to have some sympathy for the 'opposing team', which wanted to introduce 'light'. The opposing team being led by an arch-liberal called the light-bringer.

Ahh, the light-bringer! That old fraud who delights in hi-jacking & perverting that which is good and beneficial.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law," as one of his more apt pupils put it, eh?

I listened and delighted in "his" philosophy for most of my life. "Wallowed," would probably be the more accurate term. My experience, at this point in the game, indicates that from said "light" comes wonderful concoctions like atomic bombs, GMO foods, and families that have been ravaged by this philosophy of "freedom."

As for circular reasoning, it only seems such when given a casual glance. A casual glance that might be indicated in your honorable case by your unfamiliarity with the most venerable Bereans.

While the "Word" doesn't need academia to prove it, I find that an academic approach can be made. Sociologically anyways.

Firstly, by examining the shared belief of most religions in regards to a destructive flood in antiquity, moving through the shared commonalities of folklore, and eventually by comparing prophecy with the world at large.

Throw in some Book of Enoch, and a pretty solid picture appears of what we are facing in this world.

Of course, that's just my two yuan:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/871404ce83da.jpg[/atsimg]

In other news: A portion of our humble yet delicious dim sum will be put aside in honor of our enjoyed conversation today.

edit on 12-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

As I can't out-humble you, I'm unfortunately forced to speak normally. Darn it.

You wrote:

["Ahh, the light-bringer! That old fraud who delights in hi-jacking & perverting that which is good and beneficial."]

"That which is good and beneficial" is what we are looking for? Right? Or do we just state it axiomatically from the start based on personal preferences?

Quote: [""Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law," as one of his more apt pupils put it, eh?"]

Most truly: "Eh".

But the good Aleistair was a megalomaniacal pseudo-anarchist, not representative of more moderate and functional methods of balancing between freedom and obligations. It would surprise me, if you take the extreme of "without divine laws, total chaos" seriously.

Quote: ["I listened and delighted in "his" philosophy for most of my life. "Wallowed," would probably be the more accurate term."]

I must admit to having some confused periods in my youth, where I ALMOST believed in something. But I never wallowed.

Quote: ["My experience, at this point in the game, indicates that from said "light" comes wonderful concoctions like atomic bombs, GMO foods, and families that have been ravaged by this philosophy of "freedom."]

And the alternative to science-derived technology. Flint-axes? (I must point out, that I have lived a half amish-like life myself for years and years. I'm no techno-freak or -worshipper).

Quote: ["As for circular reasoning, it only seems such when given a casual glance. A casual glance that might be indicated in your honorable case by your unfamiliarity with the most venerable Bereans."]

I'm willing to de-casualize, though not to the extent of starting from a basis only leading to the expected answer.

Quote: [" While the "Word" doesn't need academia to prove it, I find that an academic approach can be made. Sociologically anyways."]

Try me. I have 4-5 years of university on soft sciences (not pulling rank, just saying I can follow the subject).

Quote: ["Firstly, by examining the shared belief of most religions in regards to a destructive flood in antiquity, moving through the shared commonalities of folklore, and eventually by comparing prophecy with the world at large."]

You've whetted my curiosity. If you can do it unbaised, it sounds intriguing. Though a precaution: NO fanciful inductive categories for me.

Quote: ["Throw in some Book of Enoch, and a pretty solid picture appears of what we are facing in this world"]

I'm a great fan of the book of Enoch, though it's been a while, since I read it. But it can be read 'both' ways.

Quote: ["In other news: A portion of our humble yet delicious dim sum will be put aside in honor of our enjoyed conversation today."]

As soon as I can get hold of some firecrackers and incense, I'll return your corteous generousity.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I don't know about you, but I'm the first person to sort of poke fun at the silliness within my own family and the things I love. I mean, I'm incredibly passionate about filmmaking and I'll be the first person to crack jokes about filmmakers.

In fact...it seems that most reasonable groups crack fun at themselves constantly. If you can't take a joke about your religion, you're just not comfortable with it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I'm an atheist, I know Christianity all too well because I was once a Christian...and yet somehow I know more about it now than I did back then. I read the Bible, apologetics, theology, etc...and it turned me away from Christianity when I realized just how flawed it all was.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

You see?....that hurts you right?. The only way to learn for some people is thru pain, and that pain came from yourself.

I never insulted your family, I just put the idea in your mind and you lost it.

Again, I am christian, you are not. That means I know the topic, you........not at all. I don't know what are you, but whatever is it, it's a bad thing. So, next time talk about something you know and avoid all this pain you have now.

Finally, don't even think because we are christians we don't know how to defend ourselves (you can see that now right?). We are lambs with God and lions against His enemies.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Trueman

I'm an atheist, I know Christianity all too well because I was once a Christian...and yet somehow I know more about it now than I did back then. I read the Bible, apologetics, theology, etc...and it turned me away from Christianity when I realized just how flawed it all was.

That is your opinion and I respect that. I do not tolerate the bashing against any religion, not only christianism.

The search of God deserves all the respect we can give. It doesn't matter what you think right?

I got friends from other religions, we do not insult each other or offend our religions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join