It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Might Be Christian If.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

22) You think you defend your worldview successfully, but your two main arguments are based on circular reasoning (The Bible is true because the Bible says...) and ad hominem attacks (Everyone already knows God is real, and those who deny it are lying to themselves).

1) Your grandest wish is for God/Jesus to come down from heaven and initiate an apocalypse, yet again committing near total genocide on all of humanity.

goosetheantithesis.blogspot.com...

Consider this a checklist for fundamentalism. Of course it's a bit of fun, and is riddled with straw men and fallacies but many Christaisn (and other "moderate") are guilty of many of the above in debate - Watch out for them!

How is fundamentalism formed? By strict belief in dogma!

I feel many of the above characteristics are common amongst Theists, not just Christianity, especially the abrahamic religions (Islam, Christianity and Juduism).

This isn't picking on Christianity, this is just highlighting ignorance of some.

Feel free to quote fundamentalist or unreasonable religious preaching!

Peace and civility!

A&A
edit on 11/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)[/editbyIMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
edit on Sat Jun 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on 6/11/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Added link.
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As a former Christian, I laughed as I read this. Of course, I also shook my head to myself in embarrassment that I used to believe and act this way. Anyway, I bet you will get a lot of negative posts from Christians.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This gave me a huge chuckle, because its like that with every religion. I will not try to propagate a false teaching if it denies common sense, because we really have no clue why we are here. I'm not even worried about the future, because I'm involved in today.
Thanks for the post and keep up the "good work" LOL.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Consider this a checklist for fundamentalism. Of course it's a bit of fun, and is riddled with straw men and fallacies but many Christaisn (and other "moderate") are guilty of many of the above in debate - Watch out for them!

Thanks, i did confirm it was "a bit of fun" and not ALL Christians are guilty of the checklist.
edit on 11/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
...Of course it's a bit of fun, and is riddled with straw men and fallacies...
A&A

Exactly. So being riddled, by your own admission, with straw men and fallacies...wouldn't that make this a hoax thread by an admitted troll?

edit on 11-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Your points have ZERO to do with Christianity and EVERYTHING to do with humanity....

Christianity has a theology behind it which is not based on anything you've mentioned...

You don't seem very awake or aware... ironic isn't it
edit on 11-6-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

22) You think you defend your worldview successfully.

Why shoud !? I'm not longer part of this world.

21) You always try to observe the ten commandments

That is for unbelievers who think they have to do the law. They have never understand for what reason Jesus come as a human being.

21) but you never try to observe the punishments like Leviticus 24:16

I did just in Numeri 16 when a whole family is "eating by earth".
Just must see what happening before and after the cross! That's very imported!!

20) You trust a book written by sheepherders
That book is inspired by the Holy Ghost and who do believe in Hem can understand the Scripture.. and if you do not, I do not care! There was a time I did not too.

Can't you write in Dutch for me? It is much more simple to me than English.

edit on 11/6/11 by OldHag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

Why shoud !? I'm not longer part of this world.

It's a joke, it's it's funny because people are familiar with prejudice that SOME religious people preach.

That is for unbelievers who think they have to do the law. They have never understand for what reason Jesus come as a human being.

Not at all, it's for people who think human decency precedes religion. Do you think everyone was under the impression that killing, raping and theiving was an "OK" thing within any social group before Moses gained the 10 Commandments from Mount Sinai?

Commandments 1 and 2 are not laws, they do nothing to promote human solarity, they are just the jelous commands of 1 particular God.

I did just in Numeri 16 when a whole family is "eating by earth".
Just must see what happening before and after the cross! That's very imported!!

After the cross? Do you mean the human sacrifice of a man named Jesus?

20) You trust a book written by sheepherders
That book is inspired by the Holy Ghost and who do believe in Hem can understand the Scripture.. and if you do not, I do not care! There was a time I did not too.

No problem, that's what YOU believe; I'm not asking for conversions, i wouldn't be so immoral.

Can't you write in Dutch for me? It is much more simple to me than English

I can translate.... Or you could?

There's numerous translators out there - Just a case of copy and paste.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You might be a Christian if...

...You love the author of this thread and pray for them instead of letting yourself get riled.

God bless you today, A&A.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

No, Christianity is founded on dogma. Dogma that can cause extreme prejudice. Again, this thread is not about ALL Christians, it's a joke, and i've already stated that not all Christians are guilty.

I'm more than welcome for Christians to share their views, but many of the criteria have been demonstrated by religious preachers (specifically Christian preachers), to say it's "humanitarian problem" seems to be misunderstanding of the prejudice that religion causes.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks (i guess?)

Perhaps your time would be better spent requesting God bless starving children first though, perhaps cancer patients.

I'm more than thankful for being in good health, and having a roof over my head. Despite being an "unholy" disbeliever God seems to be blessing me already.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

hehe you are right, and yes Christians don't know what they know, they just say because its what they think the bible says. Most Christians dont read the bible, and they dont know whats even written in it. I would like to see a poll of how many so called Christians read it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I learn so much from you...

Being Christian isn't always easy.
edit on 6/11/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Oh my little grasshopper.....you know so little. Why would you mock "some Christians" for to judge anyone is also judging yourself.

Think outside of the box.

I also second what Ashley said as well.

Peace to you and yours.
xoxoxox

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm not religious but I believe in God but I also think why doesn't he help all these starving innocent children that have done nothing wrong? Well, we can ask that question all day but at the end of the day, why turn to god? He has done NOTHING for us, we can stop all this suffering ourselves but chose not to.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Oh my little grasshopper.....you know so little. Why would you mock "some Christians" for to judge anyone is also judging yourself.

Think outside of the box.

I also second what Ashley said as well.

Peace to you and yours.
xoxoxox

Yes. Thanks for the patronising grasshopper comment. Let's not mock nazis or anyone with sinister ideology, let's just love each other, let's love intolerant dogma. Suite yourself. But don't patronise me for sharing my opinion.

If I've got a criticism, i don't hold back, I fully support freedom of expression, even if it means religious freedom.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join