It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old man disrespects Young guy and calls him a typical black punk

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am not convinced the old man ever made contact with the punk. There is no video proof of contact from the old man, onlt the youth's violence towards the old man. No one here can say 100 percent that the old man actually touched the kid, because the video does not show that.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Have never been a bouncer, but with a background in martial arts and boxing totally understand your thought process. Kudos to you for recognizing these things, and may all of us find it in the future.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Before you accuse others of having a 'slanted point of view' maybe you should take another look at the footage. The old guys were not fishing and talking, as you stated. The cranky old fella approaches the kids who are talking to the dude fishing. The dude fishing even greets the old crank. Maybe try opening your eyes when you watch it this time!

That old crank came looking for a fight with fire in his belly. Fool

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
That kid probably won't be free much longer.

His kind have a way of finding themselves locked in cages and this one seems due for a run in with the law.

He actually seemed quite intelligent and controlled until the end. Are you betraying a bit of racism here? What exactly is "his kind"? He couldn't have been too gangster, he had his little siblings with him?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthShallLive

Originally posted by FurthestStar
Guess what. It's 2011. Back in the day is back in the day. Not only was respect given to elders back in the day, but racism and sexism was raging "back in the day" too. Don't forget that. We're now living in a society where everyone deserves respect. Not just elders.

I love and respect my elders with every fiber of my being, but i'd rather not exist at all in this world before I would let anyone disrespect me when all I've done through out my whole life is respect them without question trying to make them proud of me.

and then I hear all of this talk about "well if he stepped to ME, I would .." Yeah and if the older man stepped to YOU like the older man in the video, what would you have done? Let him curse you out, push you, get in your face. Would you have done what he said and left, because, after all, he IS your elder?

What's done is done. The situation is (hopefully) over, and if the older man was the one in the right, karma will come back to the kid. If the kid was the one in the right, karma looks like it came back to the older man pretty fast. I hope that the message in the end gets across as respect should be given to everyone older, and younger. There are ways to handle this situation in a much better way than the older man AND kid did.

That is all.
edit on 11-6-2011 by FurthestStar because: if to in

we are talking about a old man and young kid

if an old man on his property has a problem with me, i stay the f away from him and his property, its a big world and if i live in a gated home or community like the black kid states, id have NO reason to be around the old man or his property

if the old man flicked me off

WOOOOOO hooo its not like ive never been flicked off before, you ignore it and move along

if an old man comes up yelling and screaming at me, i at LEAST attempt to walk away, not provoke the situation

people talk about earning respect, well it goes both ways by standing there and acting the way he did the kid showed NO RESPECT

why should a man on his own property have to earn someones elses respect on their own property

you people defending this scum disgust me and its no wonder our world has turned to feces

You do realize they weren't on the old mans property right? The old man left his property to walk around the lake to where the fisherman and black kids were at.

See how your racism clouds your vision?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexity
reply to post by xvariable

I'm from the US, "walking your dog" is not a damn expression, it means TO WALK YOUR DOG. If the dog had relieved itself on this man's property I can guarantee that he would've used a flavorful swear word describing the incident. Nowhere in this video does anyone say the dog defecated on anyone's property. Assuming is never good, go on the facts or get out of the discussion.

Your assuming the dog didn't defecate on the mans lawn because he didn't use a "flavorful swear word", a large percentage of posters in this thread agree and acknowledge exactly what the term "walking the dog" means. People don't just take the dog for a walk on random peoples property/lawns for exercise.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PAranormal
You know, All of us "racists" on here probably would't be so "racist" if "most" of these black kids (and whites kids who think they are black), would grow up, get a life, and contribute to this society in a positive way. Instead, they just want to be gangbangers like the rest of em.

Just look at the words on the video... it belongs to some stupid hip hop website. Have you listened to rap lately? It's pathetic. I bet these black kids would act completely different if they were listening to something like... The Temptaions, or some Fats Domino.

I wish I were there when this crap went down. I would have beat the piss out of that little idiot. All the while, screaming the "N" word... because it's obviously okay to just throw that word around like they do. Or maybe I could just call him a "cracka", because it's also okay to throw that around too.

The people on here that are defending this black kid are either black themselves, or have not spent enough time around these "gangstas."

the kid should not have talked back after the old man said that he didn't want him on his property. end of story.

Exactly what made him a gangsta?

See how your racism is showing? For christs sake he had his little siblings with him. I didn't see him pull out a "gat" and cap the old man, so how was the kid a gangster? Does just being young and black make someone a gangsta?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Sorry, tater, but it's pretty obvious that the old man pushes him at 5:57 in the video. You see him push forwards against clear resistance that mere "air" simply doesn't provide. The old man escalated the situation to a physical altercation.

That said, they were both clearly foolish in their behavior.
edit on 6/11/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't know if it has been brought up yet in this thread, but I totally feel bad for the guy fishing. There he is all alone out by the pond just as the sun is going down. A nice relaxing evening as the cheepers come up and the sounds of the day slow down in the distance.

All of the sudden he has three young kids asking him all sorts of stupid questions about fishing. And then a few minutes later some cranky old geezer with an axe to grind about something that happened two days ago comes strolling up to pick a fight and expecting his fellow whitey to have his back.

Meanwhile, the poor fisherman isn't catching any fish and the moment of evening tranquility might well have been better spent in a biker bar.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It does show it, the old guy really does shove at him first. Go to 5:50, you don't see him make contact, but you can tell he actually did push him back.

Like I said, everyone there was a moron, except the dude trying to fish.

Doh redmage beat me to it, and explained it better lol.

edit on Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:38:31 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Whitey? Hmmm!
Ah well, the double standard continues.

Edit to add, not only this and others responses, but ATS allowing slurs against whites and no one else.not the first time and certainly not gonna be the last.
edit on 11-6-2011 by adifferentbreed because: explained above

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
I don't know if it has been brought up yet in this thread, but I totally feel bad for the guy fishing. There he is all alone out by the pond just as the sun is going down. A nice relaxing evening as the cheepers come up and the sounds of the day slow down in the distance.

All of the sudden he has three young kids asking him all sorts of stupid questions about fishing. And then a few minutes later some cranky old geezer with an axe to grind about something that happened two days ago comes strolling up to pick a fight and expecting his fellow whitey to have his back.

Meanwhile, the poor fisherman isn't catching any fish and the moment of evening tranquility might well have been better spent in a biker bar.

You bring up a really good point, I think we have all had those days where we wish we would have just stayed home. Poor dude, he was probably just trying to relax.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Sorry tater, but it's pretty obvious that the old man pushes him at 5:57 in the video. You see him push forwards with against clear resistance that mere "air" simply doesn't provide. The old man escalated the situation to a physical altercation.

That said, they were both clearly foolish in their behavior.
edit on 6/11/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)
It is not obvious to me, and it is rather fishy the videographer does not get that attack on tape. Maybe, (and this is as plausible as the theory contact was made) the youth stepped out of the way quick enough to avoid contact, videographer saw it coming, and purposely did not get the youth in frame.

I was not there I do not know if the old man actually succeeded in making contact or not. I don't condone the shoving, but all I do for a fact based on this video is the youth is the one who made contact, and was much more aggressive than the old man.

Based on the video, my opinion is the youth and his crew knew the old man would be moseying around, and wanted this confrontation. You can clearly hear at the first second or two, one of the youth's crew saying, shh, when they spotted old man walking closer. The punk, who had appeared to be having small talk with the fisherman cannot wait to drop the conversation with fisherman to initiate what I believe he cam to the lake for, a confrontation with the old. He just dropped that conversation as if it had been filler until the old man showed up. The old man could be a regular chit chat buddy with the fisherman, and the kids probably knew the old man would be aorund.

Like everyone else in this thread, the above is what I concluded from the video.

I went to the website emblazoned on the video, worldstarhiphop.com I found this video, but there is no credit to source. It appears to be anonymously uploaded.

And, for all we know it could be a huge hoax.

link   
What can I say? I am wondering why that old man came over. Seems he was looking for trouble. I don't know for sure what happened the day before, but the young man was minding his own business.

Ideally, the old man would not have come and stood by him and the young guy would not have brought it up... but to be fair, i would have brought it up to...

Then the old guy plays the race card and honestly I am surprised a fight did not break out sooner... Old man got in his face and was pushed on his butt about 10 ft away.

The guy was a jerk.... Plain and simple... But this could have been avoided.

That said, I wish the video did not cut off when it did.

link   

Originally posted by ker2010

YOU are missing the whole point. It takes two people to have a confrontation. No one made the man lose his cool and approach the kid and push him.

If anything the camera should have kept the old man at bay and kept him from pushing him!!!!

Let me see if I can break it down to were you will understand it..

Drunk college kids in clubs a lot are always looking for trouble or a confrontation. Some drunk punk comes into a bar looking for trouble. Well their is a cop at the bar ...

The drunk punk comes up to someone who is at bar drinking a beer and tells them they are a piece of #. The guy they insulted hits them in the face breaking their nose and blood is everywhere. Cop sees the whole thing. Who do you think gets arrested? Whose that cop gonna take down?

The guy who swung first does.. ding ding ding. Now is it fair? Not really I think the guy should be punched but the law does not see it that way.

Even though the punk was going into the bar looking for confrontation that does not give someone a free pass to punch him in the face for nothing more than a word or two..

Same with this old man it doesnt matter what the kids intentions were, as long as that kid did not physically assault or come at that old man in a threatening manner the old man had no right to touch him...

Case closed and the law is on my side.
edit on 11-6-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

What you just said made no sense, and did not support your cause, but rather mine. The black kid was the one that probably punched the guy. That's why they cut it off before the altercation got bad. Because I guarantee you that black kid hit that old man, which is MORALLY MESSED UP. I don't care what that old man was saying, YOU DO NOT HIT YOUR ELDERS. You respect them. Doesn't matter what they do or say to you. Would you hit your grandma if she grabbed you by the throat or pushed you? Of course not. And if you did, you have some messed up standards.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join