It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do we get pictures of the MOON in colors ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have seen so many pictures since the start of the Moon explorations.

But i have waited over 20 years to see a picture taken with color.

NASA (Never A Straight Answer) tells us its faster to transfer B&W pictures.. i guess so, if we still lived in the 70s.
But we don't do that anymore..

So have anyone seen a colored moon?

I guess it would look different, not by a small scale but mind blowing in a such degree - NASA institutions have to bring their DIS INFO AGENTS...

But really, anyone who can embed a picture, or give me a hint where to look.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well, the moon is kind of just a big, gray rock....so I guess colors would enhance it a little but I would say there's not much you're missing without it. I've looked at the moon through a telescope and, well, it's still pretty gray looking.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunakki

its so amazing that many people dont know that the moon has color, and when i have mentioned to people its not as grey as they think it is i get funny looks, who knows why the truth about the moon is supressed check this out, it might give you answers to the question on what the moon really looks like

edit on 01/18/2011 by camouflaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
We have pictures from moon landings in color, plenty of them. Here's one:

Also, the moon is very gray anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yeah a good telescope will help out if you're looking for true colour.

But here's a slightly enhanced mosaic that is in colour:

apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Honestly, the moon is what you see is what you get. There is colour in there but to pull it out in a picture requires a bit of post processing. For the most part what you see is what you get, even with a straight up colour shot of the moon it's still going to be mainly greys and whites.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresenttense

Can you see the sky has been cut!

They have removed the sky!

They have done this on so many pictures, why?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JacquesDeMolay

I didn't think the moon had a sky? No atmosphere, no oceans, so no blue sky, right?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Found this :

Recommend to watch all the nine parts.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
okay what i dont understand is, if they can take colour pictures of the moon, why is the moon footage in black and white? it was 1969 not 1940! think that same year movies like easy rider were released and the year before that 2001 a space odyssey, they were full color and on t.v their were t.v shows like scooby doo and the brady bunch... its understanable televisions back then broadcasted in black and white still but that dosent explain why they never filmed in color considering their the government and how advanced their meant to be to get to the moon yet one of the astronauts grabbed the black and white camera instead of the color one for their moon adventure, has no one wondered why that is?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnatomicWeezle

I didn't think the moon had a sky? No atmosphere, no oceans, so no blue sky, right?

?

I don't think you know what i talk about, or you don't want to do your own research.

Zoom in at the ground, where the supposedly the sky (stars should be) and you can see they removed the "sky"

If someone would embed a picture so we all can see what i talk about, that the sky is pitch black is nonsense.

Those who believe that, watch to much television.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Nope you are wrong, there are indeed color photo's of the moon.

This color mosaic was assembled from 18 images taken by Galileo's imaging system through a green filter. On the upperleft is the dark, lava-filled Mare Imbrium, Mare Serenitatis (middle left), Mare Tranquillitatis (lower left), and Mare Crisium, the dark circular feature toward the bottom of the mosaic. Also visible in this view are the dark lava plains of the Marginis and Smythii Basins at the lower right. The Humboldtianum Basin, a 400-mile impact structure partly filled with dark volcanic deposits, is seen at the center of the image.

NASA

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Utopian

We know, but can you get the close up pictures?

I´ll bet NASA wont give you those.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
okay what i dont understand is, if they can take colour pictures of the moon, why is the moon footage in black and white? it was 1969 not 1940! think that same year movies like easy rider were released and the year before that 2001 a space odyssey, they were full color and on t.v their were t.v shows like scooby doo and the brady bunch... its understanable televisions back then broadcasted in black and white still but that dosent explain why they never filmed in color considering their the government and how advanced their meant to be to get to the moon yet one of the astronauts grabbed the black and white camera instead of the color one for their moon adventure, has no one wondered why that is?

In 1939 they made 'The wizard of Oz' that was in full colour and beautiful !

So they have had the technology to make colour films/photo's for years

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

This big enough?

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I don't think you know what i talk about, or you don't want to do your own research.

Zoom in at the ground, where the supposedly the sky (stars should be) and you can see they removed the "sky"

I am not trying to be a turd, but you tell someone that they do not do their research, then you ask a question that has an easy explanation and has been debunked thousands of times???????

They did not remove the sky.

Research......research....research.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

No, it seems like you don't understand what am saying..

Can you say thats a close up?

Really?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacquesDeMolay

Originally posted by AnatomicWeezle

?

If someone would embed a picture so we all can see what i talk about, that the sky is pitch black is nonsense.

Those who believe that, watch to much television.

I believe you are using the word "sky" incorrectly, sorry. I am assuming you mean SPACE. There is indeed plenty of space in the background... Thats the black stuff

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I am not trying to be a turd, but you tell someone that they do not do their research, then you ask a question that has an easy explanation and has been debunked thousands of times???????

They did not remove the sky.

Research......research....research.

So, give me a link to those thousands of debunked answers you are referring to..

And tell me how you came to this conclusion that the sky have not been removed?

Are you one of those who thinks we cant see one star out there? after we leave the atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AnatomicWeezle

Thanks!

Yes i stand corrected, "SPACE" has been removed from the pictures not "SKY"...

edit on 11-6-2011 by JacquesDeMolay because:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join