It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had what seemed like a Matrix moment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Time stopped i'm sure of it... i was at a class meeting with around 12/13 others listening and chatting asking questions, analyzing etc etc when all of a sudden there was silence... all of us were facing in the same direction yet i could still hear the Talker/Teacher ... i'm not sure if the others did but looked like they didn't.... i was told a specific sentence which was 'i like how you are now' but for some reason i couldn't respond or didn't know what to say so was told again 'i like you how you are now' and i still didn't say anything but a split second later everyone was awake again... i just thought about the occassion last night analyzing it and all i can think of was that it was a Matrix moment where time stopped.. like the bullet time moments!!

I've seen other posts of late by people saying they've had similar things happening...

What's going on? I'm pretty sure it happened.

MOD: IF THIS IS IN WRONG FORUM PLEASE MOVE TO RIGHT ONE WHICH WILL RECIEVE MORE RESPONSES. THANKS.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
i know what you mean ive had a "matrix moment" ive put it up in another thread about a year ago. i was thinking of getting a little note pad to write all the strange things down that happene to me..did you ask the rest of the class if they had anything happene the same time as you ?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
We all have chemicals in our brain, sometimes these chemicals can become unbalanced.. This can sometimes cause such experiences or hallucinations.
Maybe this is what happened, when your brain re balanced the chemicals, You snapped back to reality.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

No i didn't yet but am going to ask now... i'll mail again soon when they reply...

Like you, maybe i should keep some notes on my computer

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It sounds like you were tripping balls.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Most matrix like moments I have involve meditation or sleep paralysis. However, there are times when I'm writing and drop my pencil or pen and go to pick it up. For the life of me, I can't find it and I sigh. As I bend back up to an upright position I will see the pen placed neatly on the page I was writing on. I've learned to simply say "Thank you." when this happens.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I had one too recently.
I felt so strange that I checked what day and time it was. But there are known medical issues which can cause this sort of experience and I'll be off to the doctor if it happens again.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
What does all that mean to you? "I like you how you are now". Any abnormal connection with your teacher?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Funny enough during the same session i thought i had lost my pen (thought it was in my bag) so was searching in the bag and around the chair but guess what, it was on the seat by my thigh!! lol

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AnatomicWeezle

Abnormal? Na... she was just commenting i think on my mannerism and the shirt i chose to wear that day.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by AnatomicWeezle

Abnormal? Na... she was just commenting i think on my mannerism and the shirt i chose to wear that day.

And it was at that point the surreal time and voice kicked in ?

Did u recognise the voice .. was it hers ? .. maybe as she was saying those things about your mannerism and shirt .. her mind was saying ... 'mmMMMmm .. i like how you are now !!' .. then emphasising it again in her mind ...
nudge nudge wink wink

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

Yeh, it happened a split second before she said that... it was just.... strange

Still waiting to hear from one other who was there at the time to see if she felt it too..

Update: She said she doesnt remember any such occurence...
edit on 11-6-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Could you possibly have briefly nodded off and not realized it. I well remember my college days and sometimes I'd start sliding off just a wee bit to sleep during even a lecture I was interested in, and would start awake. It could feel surreal. It used to happen to me in church sometimes, too, and now I have it happen when watching tv and everything gets a bit odd for a moment.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I don't think so as my eyes were open and i clearly could see everyone else who were in the room.... maybe i imagined it...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

My eyes often would be open, too. At this stage it's not being fully asleep, mind you. It's sort of falling slowly asleep so you don't notice it until you see something incongruous, like your fellow students float to the ceiling, for example, and you realize with a start you started to drift off. If it were an obvious case of falling asleep others would notice YOU. But they don't because you will still be sitting upright with your eyes open but with a glazed look. I've seen that much at least happen to other students. It seems to be more common with some people than others, for some reason. I often noticed it was usually the same bunch of us zoning out in class. If it's not a usual thing for you to do I can see why such an incident would really stand out to you as something very odd. It is a bit surreal at times, to have the dream state intrude into a time when you think you are awake. Do you have any past incidents of sleep walking or sleep issues?

I've also read that some people can have really subtle seizures and not be aware of it. That can account for sensations of small chunks of missing time. It is something an observer could notice but not identify as a form of seizure. I am not saying for sure you fell asleep or had seizure of any kind. I'm just raising other possibilities to consider.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
time dilation

kindly read the link as it explains what might have happened to you a lot better than i can. there's also the possibility that when you're teacher complimented you, it triggered an adrenaline rush and your perception simply couldn't keep up so your brain had to rebalance itself upon seeing no current threats to your person. could be why you heard that phrase twice, your brain had to play it back again in order to process it.

from the link:

The subjective experience of time can also be manipulated experimentally. Visual stimuli which appear to be approaching are perceived to be longer in duration than when viewed as static or moving away...

you're teacher might be "coming on" to you, as opposed to "going away".

another interesting article about adrenaline, and how fear makes us superhuman.
edit on 6.13.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sorry to post twice but it's hard to edit from this device. I forgot to add sometimes instead of seeing odd things you will just hear strange things. I would sometimes hear music that was definitely out of place. I would even sometimes dream things being said by the lecturer that were part of my dream and veering off from what was actually being said. Heck one time I even took notes on what I dreamed instead of what was actually being said. You could see where I fell asleep because my handwriting got very bad all of a sudden, pretty much illegible after a few words. I used to think it was funny and so did my now husband, who was my boyfriend at the time and witness to me doing all this. If it's something that happens often a person does get used to it and gets good at distinguishing when you are asleep with the semblance of being awake. Oh and in my case it seems to be hereditary. My mom had some similar happenings. Other people find it is just situational and from stress messing up their sleep for a time. That's why they might first or only notice it in a situation like college where you have a combo of stress, long periods of being subjected to droning lectures, and inconsistent sleep thanks to all nighters and stuff like that.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Do you have any past incidents of sleep walking or sleep issues?

I've also read that some people can have really subtle seizures and not be aware of it. That can account for sensations of small chunks of missing time. It is something an observer could notice but not identify as a form of seizure. I am not saying for sure you fell asleep or had seizure of any kind. I'm just raising other possibilities to consider.

I understand what you are getting at and yes i do/have other sleep problems such as not sleeping at all for days if i'm thinking about something and can't switch my mind off (it's impossible sometimes) but i've also had bad nighttime activities happen to me about 12 to 15 years ago for a period of 5 years or so which involved Sucubus (I say Sucubus as it was definately some scary #).... but i don't think she is back messing with me. I also do see things that others don't see.... and you will robably say i'm hallucinating but i'm pretty sure its real.... it's like Virtual Reality right in front of me.... like another World is right before me... a Parallel World if you like...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Okay, then you have a very similar issue with sleep and perhaps psychic sensitivity that I've had most of my life. I don't know if I will ever possibly know in any reasonable scientific way that the entities and phenomena that plagued me in my sleep had a real objective existence outside of my mind, or if they were the product of effed up brain chemistry. Or if effed up brain chemistry enables real entities to attack a person. Whatever the case, I believe what you experienced in class that day was done so in state of being between asleep and awake. My brain once got stuck chemically speaking in this state for a full year as result of my having a baby. Good gracious, some of the things I perceived during that time! I had to go on Zoloft to get back to normal again, and being on Zoloft was itself not always great, and weaning off it felt surreal. I'm back to my normal adorable self these days but I still at times perceive things outside the norm. Shadow beings, and getting "vibes" of emotion from trees for example. But the world doesn't feel "fake" and surreal to me anymore like it did when I had all that postpartum upheaval going on with my brain chemistry.

Just for sanity's sake, try to accept that some things can't be known for certain. Accept that numerous possible explanations exist and don't fall into the trap of committing yourself that any one possibility is the only explanation when no rational reasonable means exists to prove it. Zealotry in any direction is unproductive. By that, I mean some people end up kind of loony because they always insist on believing something paranormal is going on when something odd happens. They can't prove it's paranormal but they cling to that belief as the only one. On the opposite end of the spectrum are the skeptical types who insist upon shoehorning everything into some scientific explanation, thus closing off all other avenues of contemplation and investigation that might be worthwhile and produce an explanation that fits better than their pat scientific answer. I guess it's just not human nature to put something on the shelf and say "I don't know, I'll get back to this if more info comes to light." But it is the prudent and sane thing to do. No harm in saying "beats the heck outta me!".

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

It sounds like your brain stuttered for a second, it happens to all of us.
That youtube video (would post link but im capped) where the reporter starts slurring her speech is a perfect example of this, in her case she had a migrane... but our brains can freeze up for no reason.

Nothing to worry about - and not ruling out it being a "matrix moment" .. just a simpler explanation.
edit on 15-6-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join