It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Daily News - Restaurant Obama says bailout helped - out of business one week later.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Obama says Ohio Eatery New Chefs Helped by Auto Bailout, Then Restaurant Goes Out of Business

An Ohio restaurant that President Obama recently praised as an indirect beneficiary of the government's auto bailout is going out of business. The owners of Toledo's New Chet's Restaurant, which has a 90-year history, said the struggling economy and a recently imposed smoking ban has taken a toll on the eatery.Last Friday at a Chrysler plant in Toledo, the President said the government-assisted return of the American car industry helped local businesses - and singled out Chet's.

And the most 'duh!!!' line of the article ....

The Obama administration said no one knew when the President was in Toledo that the restaurant would be closing.

I think this is the restaurant that the picture of Obama was taken at ... of him eating a chilidog that goes completely against the FLOTUS' push for eating healthy. It was a joke in the news and in the papers.

My comments -

1 - The 'bail out' was a waste. It didn't work.

2 - Watch the obamatrons in the MSM not report this.
MSNBC and NY Times are too busy digging through Palin's emails to do so.
If Palin had pulled this gaffe as POTUS, they'd be all over it.

3 - The owners of the restaurant say the bailout came too late to help them. But the fact is that it wasn't 'too late'. Bailout money started under Bush43 and continued with Obama. It's been out there for a long time and it simply didn't work.

4 - If the economy wasn't such a serious issue, part of this would be comical. Obama and his political cronies show, once again, that they are clueless. (Kinda reminds me of him giving the Queen of England a freak'n IPOD as a state gift
) No one was smart enough to check out Chets to see if it was solvant or not before the POTUS used it as an example of how 'wonderful' the bailout worked?

BTW - Take the bail out quiz at the article ... 67% of Americans are sure the 'bail out' was a complete waste.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It's called a con job on a con-man.
Not too easy to pull off actually.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The only people that the bailout helped were the ones who didn't need it. It makes me so angry to see so many decent, hard working people get thrown out of their jobs, their homes, everything they've known all their lives while the rich lap it up like perverted animals. I am not against people with money. I am against people with money who keep taking more and more without regard to how many lives they ruin in the process. Does something happen to human conscience at a certain level of wealth and power? I sit here day after day watching the US (and the world) swirl faster and faster around the drain and I just wish I had money so I could help someone out who needs it. Money sucks and the love for it in this world disgusts me.

I've made a promise that if I won the lottery or if somehow I struck it rich, I would offer everyone in my neighborhood who wanted one solar panel installations to help power their homes and would pay off my mortgage and give my own home to a family without one. I would help people in need in any way I could. If there were a family business in my neighborhood that was in trouble of closing its doors, I would help them. The middle class, the hard-working tax payers that have kept this country running are going extinct at an alarming rate and no one is bailing them out. It's so heartbreaking.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
I've made a promise that if I won the lottery or if somehow I struck it rich,

You've lumped all rich people together ... kinda like what the poor people claim the rich do to them. Just because someone has managed to get ahead in life doesn't make them bad. They aren't required to give all their hard earned money away to those who haven't earned it.

Just because someone is rich, that doesn't make them bad.
Just because someone is poor, that doesn't make them lazy.

However, even if someone is rich and is a selfish turd, that doesn't mean we have a right to take what is theirs. And the same goes for the poor - even is someone is poor and really is a lazy bum, that doesn't mean we have an obligation to feed them.

I admire your desire to help.
But I'm not going to make the blanket assumption that rich people automatically are bad.

top topics

join