It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finished a great book, any tips?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I just finished reading one of the better books I ever read. The Rockefeller Files by Gary Allen. With great insight Gary reveals how John.D made his wealth, how the family hides their wealth, all the media they own, how they use it to manipulate public opinion, how they financed Sovjet Russia and how they use every trick imaginable to increase their dominance and control.

Next on my list is the Creature on Jekyll Island, Behold a Pale Horse, They dare not call it a conspiracy, Rule of Secrecy and the Deliberate Dumbing down of America.

If anyone has any tips for me, that would be really great. I am looking for books that expose, explain the entire system, who is who, what are the connections etc etc. I want to understand it all.

Thanks a lot,
Aurelio

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I know its a different subject but i just finished Dark Mission and it was v interesting, wether you belive or not.
All the best
Elvis
Thankyouverymuch

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Take some time out to read a fiction book. Go to the library and check out a copy of Ray Bradbury's "Martian Chronicles".

This is a great, entertaining book. Amazing read.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Behold a Pale Horse is an excellent read. You can find the free PDF download here if you are so inclined.

Also, I found this list of similar books here on Survival Center. Hopefully the list will give you a few good ideas.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
the best i have read is: cracking the code third edition. www.scribd.com... it's 592 pages, you can read it online.

the second is only 90 pages of pure knowledge a very fast read to open your eyes.
it's free e-book you can download, name is: How i clobbered every cash confiscatory agency known to man.
read this one first if you can it's a fast read.. shop.worldfreemansociety.org...

If possible come back and talk about what you have learned from them

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Thanks. Its by Hoagland isnt it?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggalette

Thats a good list, thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

thanks!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Yes mate, and Mike barra.

I particularly like the information about the cult groups within NASA, the masons etc and the numerology of the landings eg hitlers birthday and such.Its good stuff.

All the best

Elvis
thankyouverymuch

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I just finished reading the book "A Disruptive Invention" in which somebody succeeds in building a UFO. The US Air Force quickly hushes up the whole thing, although the secret gets out in the end. Anybody who wonders whether UFOs are really sightings of secret US technology will find this serious food for thought. If you are interested you can see the book website at adisruptiveinvention.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Shock Doctrine and No Logo by Naomi Klein. They aren't, "conspiratorial" in the ATS sense of the word, but in the true sense of the word, they are.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by dadgad

Shock Doctrine and No Logo by Naomi Klein. They aren't, "conspiratorial" in the ATS sense of the word, but in the true sense of the word, they are.

ah, I have shock doctrine here, I began reading a part, I reached to page 50. Good stuff. A bit academic in my opinion, im not really enjoying her writing style, but its very good information. Also she doesn't seem to believe 9/11 to be an inside job, something that kinda annoys me. She remains at the position of ''them'' ruthlessly exploiting situations, I am saying, they cause them (at least in many cases) But well, perhaps i should finish the book first before judging. Thanks anyway. I ordered no logo too, its waiting for me in the bookstore, is it any good?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Yes mate, and Mike barra. I particularly like the information about the cult groups within NASA, the masons etc and the numerology of the landings eg hitlers birthday and such.Its good stuff. All the best Elvis thankyouverymuch

I looked this book up, it already fascinates me, I will order it. Thanks.

Does it prove ET?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Shock Doctrine was already mentionend, it s a very good one.

Some others which i liked,
all by Bob Woodward:

Bush at War
State of Denial
The Secret Wars of the CIA

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Yes, it's good, but if you don't like the academic style - about which I agree totally - then you may not like it either.

It's a two-sided issue. Naomi Klein, Noam Chomsky and others like them write in an academic style because they source everything they claim. This is excellent, because it eliminates counter arguments of an opinionated nature. The bad side, however, is that they do not reach a wide audience, that it used to a less formal writing style.

In my opinion, it is just a matter of training your reading style. Unfortunately, most Americans have not been trained to comprehend this type of writing. It's practically a different language to many, and to others who are intelligent, but unused to it, it comes off as dry and boring.

To read it effectively, treat it like any other academic work. That is, skim at parts, use the keywords in the index to find what you are looking for. Remember that things in parentheses need to be paid attention to only when they concern further research you yourself plan to do...or when you want to verify their truthfulness.

As far as 9/11. I would argue that both Noam Chomsky and Naomi Klein do adhere to a conspiracy behind the attacks, but just not the hodge-podge of evidence found in the more underground theories. In other words, they believe it was a conspiracy (an act where two or more people schemed together for a nefarious outcome to benefit only themselves). They just do not get into the Alex Jones and Loose Change fray. There's is actually more poignant if you think about it, because in their views, there is a way to point out and punish the perpetrators of 9/11.

In the Alex Jones/Loose Change crowd, it becomes almost overwhelming, where a shadowy cabal is plotting and monitoring all dissent...almost shuts most people up when you think about it because of the scale and ominousness of it. Chomsky and Klein are academic in their approach to 9/11, which, again, means most Americans are totally unaware of their research or either unable or unwilling to comprehend it when they do finally come across it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Just off the top of my head..................

* The Art of War by Sun Tzu.................you should have a copy of this in your library.
* Political Ponerology by Andrew M. Lobaczewski
* Corporatism by Jeffrey Grupp
* The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy by Jim Marrs (any book by Marrs)
* The Holograpic Universe by Michael Talbot
* JFK And The unspeakable Why he Died And Why It Matters by James W. Doouglass
* Tales From The Time Loop by David Icke
* 9/11 The Ultimate Truth by Laura Knight Jadczyk and Joe Quinn
* Slave Species of god by Michael Tellinger
* The Rise and Fall of the Fourth Reich by Jim Marrs
* The Book of The Damned by Charles Fort
* None Dare Call It Conspiracy by Gary Allen
* Oblivion- America At The Brink by Thomas E. Beardon
* Operation Mind Control by Walter Bowart
* Utopia by Sir Thomas Moore
* Thanks For The Memories by Brice Taylor (aka: Susan Ford)
* Earth In Upheaval by Immanuel Velikovsky
* Behold A Pale Horse by William (Bill) Cooper
* The End of America by Naomi Wolf
* Give Me Liberty by Naomi Wolf
* UFOs And The National Security State (both books I & II) by Richard Dolan
* A.D. After Disclosure by Richard Dolan
* The Gods of Eden by William Bramley
* Revelations by Jacques Vallee
* The Cosmic War by Joseph P. Farrell
* The Threat by David Jacobs
* The Secret History of the World and How To Get Out Alive by Laura knight Jadczyk
* Anti Gravity and the World Grid by David Childress
* The Biggest Secret and Children of the Matrix by David Icke.
* The Guantanamo Lawyers: Inside a Prison Outside the Law by Jonathan Hafetz and Mark Denbeaux
* Mass Control: Engineering Human Consciousness by Jim Keith

Many of these books can be gotten free off of 4shared dot com but you have to be fast because week by week I see more and more of these books being taken off line.

edit on 13-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The creature from jeckyl island is a great book. Very long but reads easy. I was considering buying the deliberate dumbing down of america for my parents for christmas. Both are retired teachers. Was wondering if anyones read it?

new topics

top topics

join