It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonard Nimoy and Rod Serling agree, the end of the world is Dec 24, 2011 !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
A very interesting video. In a documentary about the mayans, from 1978, Mr. Nimoy says that the mayan calandar

ends 12/24/11.....

and again in another film from 1973 narrated by rod serling.

The 1978 bit talks about a cataclysmic earthquake, and ushering in a new world gov't....

ignore the title of the video

interesting....so why the 2 different dates? about a year apart.

If everyone is focused on 12/21/12.....they won't be expecting it to come a year earlier.
edit on 11-6-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I have been joking about this recently saying maybe they were a year off i mean didn't they say they weren't exact on the start date so if they were wrong there the end date would be different. But i hope there wrong the free peoples of America will not stand for a one world government.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Seriously? Just because "Spock" says that is the end date of the Mayan Calendar, does not mean ANYTHING, What a celebrity says means less that what an intelligent ATS member thinks. Leornard agrees with it because it is true, the mayan calendar does end then, but it doesnt mean the end of the world. He has been the host to many documentaries, and does it because it pays, not because he is in agreement with the end of the world. *sigh*

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silentc7

settle down, it was just a hook title to get you interested in the thread...jeez. I know he's reading a script for pete's sake.

don't take everything so literal. (I also never said he actually believes it, just that he was in agreement of the date with rod serling)

take a deep breath, everything will be ok

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Didn't know about that.....It will not surprise me if Nimoy is connected with the whole Hollywood music/ motion picture satan worshipping crowd. To mislead the masses with false info is also a traid familiar with that crowd so who knows....I will keep that date in mind. Thanks..flagged.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This'll save me some money on Christmas gifts this year... thanks
But, if I wake up on the 25th,... and nothings happened

Another end of the world date to add to the collection... I'm going to be seriously disappointd if the world doesn't end in the next year and a half,.. and when it doesn't I can see a serious membership drop

edit on 11-6-2011 by cahlmac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

You'll see a serious membership drop anyways. That's what makes me kinda laugh to myself sometimes, logging on seeing how much closer things are getting to critical mass, but when it does get there, I won't need ATS to tell me. We will just know.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm pretty bummed about this.

Once 2011 passes we'll still have 2012 but then what?

What's lining up to be the next great apocalypse terror? I love apocalypse hysteria and just cant imagine living in a world without it.

We'll still have Zager and Evans 2525 but there's no apocalypse there.
edit on 11-6-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm glad you found this and brought it to people's attention - I also "believed" (until the last decade or so) that the Mayan date was in December of 2011

I've spent a good amount of time trying to find where the actual date of 12/21/12 comes from - and as far as I can tell the only thing that makes THAT the end of the Mayan calendar is current popular opinion

I recently watched something somewhere (forgive me for lack of details because my mind doesn't always work properly where names are concerned) that implied to me - that we came up with the 12/21/12 date FIRST then counted backwards to find the start date - they picked the year 2012, I believe, because of the Venus transition that takes place the same year, along with the idea that our sun is going to have a hissy that same year, and there were a few other factors I'm failing to list

They went on to say that contemporary astronomical calculations differ - however slightly - from the Mayan calculations

This leads me to believe that everyone is stressing over 12/21/12 for nothing - if the Mayans were even slightly off in their calculations, time is lost (or added) in there somewhere - and over 5,000 years that small fraction would add up wouldn't it? We could be 1 year off or 10 years off, or any amount of time - someone with better math skills can look into that and figure it out - in my mind, that means you can start stressing IMMEDIATELY, and you never get to stop.

They also went on to say that when they count backwards from 2012, they find at the end of each of the "ages" described by the Mayan, there was a major change within the Mayan community - no major catastrophic events - just changes to their own civilisation - so where do the other prophecies come in that cloud up the Mayan calendar? (several sources, but its still a perceived convergence - there's no proof)

I realize I'm not playing with a full deck in this game of solitaire - so maybe my K doesn't really play on the J - but it doesn't appear to me that anyone else is either - they're just missing different cards and fudging their way along like I am.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why would I care what Galvatron Thinks?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

What's lining up to be the next great apocalypse terror? I love apocalypse hysteria and just cant imagine living in a world without it.

I am also bummed about it all - I can only hope the Elenin people are right (and I know they're not) - I am of the opinion that this world needs a good lashing

But, unless someone comes along and recalculates the Mayan canlendar, you still have 2060 to look forward to (Newton predicted that) if you're young enough (I'm not).

Fortunately, most prophecies about end times don't give an exact date. We can all just make them up as we go along.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Let's not forget that Nimoy also did this -

edit on 11-6-2011 by origamiandurbanism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I suppose a $2.99 calculator would have said that......

wonders never cease

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
end of the world? How did we end up to representing the mayan calander with the end of the world? I am pretty sure they predicted a change. Not the end. Nothing ends, maybe the end of the world as we know it but definatly not the end for us.

Carry on,
David.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

2012 is on the other line and he's pissed.

Can 2011 call him back and sort this conflict out?

2012 says it was the same old BS when 2000 tried to steal his thunder.

2013 has asked for 2012 to answer his calls...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why is this so surprising?
Scholars have known about the "Calender" ending or decades.
Hence the reference to it in those old shows.

ETA: These are some of the guys and these are the types of shows that planted the seeds on the whole "End of the World" Speculations. Again, many moons ago [Decades]. People didn't actually think and believe that the whole 2012 or there abouts etc thing was a new thing....

DID THEY?

edit on 11-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I dunno...since Spock was basically responsible for the destruction of Vulcan...he may just know what he is talking about...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism
Let's not forget that Nimoy also did this -

edit on 11-6-2011 by origamiandurbanism because: (no reason given)

I never saw this before. I thought William Shatner's rendition of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was pretty disturbing, but this takes the cake. I wonder what prompted Kirk and Spock to make these weird music videos. I guess it had something to due with the 60's and the mind altering pharmeceuticals on the Starship Enterprise.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I honestly cannot wait for this bs to be over once and for all, i wouldnt trust the NWO or an alien disclosure whatever happens will be attempted to be usurped for the agenda and with so many date changes and calender changes etc over the years i dont think anything might even happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

We'll still have Zager and Evans 2525 but there's no apocalypse there.
edit on 11-6-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)
Don't worry the internet will also have something new for us to manipulate and turn into dooms day.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join