It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List Your Favorite News Sources (Or Sources You do not Trust)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Not sure if this has or has not been posted although since I joined in the latter part of 2010 I have not seen such a thread so this may bring such a thing to the forefront. If this is not something new which I would not doubt we should get it to the forefront because there are so many new members even since the date of my joining!

I wish to express to any Mod that this is purely for information and not for profit! If any Mod should find such a site posted that violates any T&C I would expect that mod to follow the ATS T&C and react.

Let's try to keep the MSM sites out of this thread (unless otherwise that MSM in rather unknown (personal discretion)) as well as the more well known ANS (Alternative News Sites) such as Inforwars/prisonplanet.

I understand that opinion will most definitely play an opinion but it will perhaps give many a good starting point if your opinion is honest

I hope many will participate as the net is a HUGE place.

I will add the ones that I visit most (and to a high degree trust),

www.earthfiles.com...

www.globalresearch.ca...

Peace and Respect,

-AS-

edit on 11-6-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
ATS is my best source

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
www.theonion.com...

Def' the most honest news source I've come across to date....It may not be true but at least they are honest about it being a farce

edit on 11/6/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

I'll give you a star but.... have any other sites that you frequent and trust or know of any sites to stay away from? Maybe something that is even in between but you lean towards in a certain direction?

I would truly appreciate all ATS members intput. Would this not make us stronger as an online society? I thought this would be a good thread topic

Disappointing so far and hope for more input and links!

-AS-

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Besides ATS I like:

______beforeitsnews/
And
www.blacklistednews.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
ATS is my best source

yeah I second that notion.
Breaking news here keeps me pretty up to date if anything is going on

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

thanks for participating .. I will add the links to my "news" folder.

On another note I hope this gets flags just so it moves up ... I could care less about stars

Thanks infolurker!

-AS-

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
From what I've gathered from other ATS posters since I joined... GLP or www.godlikeproductions.com... is a site to avoid. Yes I visited and can see why ... basically there is no moderation and anything goes...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

What's endearing about beforeitsnews, besides taking existing news and putting their own spin it, is the great little option at the top of their page where you can decide if the story is fiction or fact.

That's a great idea I reckon, instead of fact checking themselves, the biased readers can decide.

Brilliance.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I think GLP is a benchmark for what ATS does not want to become.
When ever I see a thread where a poster claims to be an Alien, Illuminati member, prophet, or just a general
troll it is often times brought up that ATS is sinking to GLP's level of posts.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I just did a search here on ATS hoping for a living list of sources of good reporters/journalists that are supplying real news outside the lies and misinformation given to the masses by the MSM.

Sadly, I came across this thread.

I'm not really that good at all the features of this site or how to share links and pics and such, but what I do, usually, is find stories on (insert news source here), and then dig deeper until I'm satisfied with my depth of knowledge on the issue. I never trust just one source, no matter what the source, unless, of course, the source is a horse, of course.

All kidding aside, ATS has been one of my best sources for real (believe it or not) news, as stated previously.
The truth is out there
rev

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I check out several news sources hoping to get a somewhat decent view on an issue. I avoid RT and FOX.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I start my day this way. Get to the office and check Google news to get a general opinion.

Then for entertainment ( and I know im gonna get flamed for this ) I head over to www. whatdoesitmean.org. I know they only do hoaxes but I really enjoy them.
Plus in the news links you can sometimes pick up some interesting articles that arent too far fetched. And some of the sorcha faal articles are so crazy I find them utterly hilarious.

Then I head over to abovetopsecret to start my days browsing of whats happening and what doomsday is not happening in the near future. I definitely find this site the best place to get breaking news especially something major because as I always say, no one watches the news more closely than someone expecting the world to end very soon or the aliens to arrive any minute

Then if theres nothing interesting I just go over to our local SA newspapers to see whats happening.

On a really slow news day I also check out www.dailygrail.com. And then of course www.toolband.com to get breaking news on when the next album si going to be released

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I like the following alternative news websites:
(In no particular order)

www.rense.com...

www.activistpost.com...

www.realzionistnews.com...

deanhenderson.wordpress.com...

www.globalresearch.ca...

rt.com... Russia Today(In English)

www.presstv.com... Iranian News Agency ( In English)

www.henrymakow.com...

thedailybell.com...

There are a few others I just can't think of them right now

One of the reason I like to post on forums/comment boards is to pick up new weblinks.

As for site I don't trust I'll post a list at another date...there are so many I don't trust.

new topics

top topics

join