It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice of Russia to be heard in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Link

Voice of Russia Radio is set to add a new perspective to the airwaves in the US. Their motto is: “The more voices, the better.” The service is launching two US-based stations broadcasting from Washington and New York.

The Voice of Russia team in Washington reports on international and US news, just like any other news radio station. They say what makes them different is their efforts to bring up what is being left out by the US mainstream media.

“When you consider America’s foreign policy has huge effects around the world, I would say we are not hearing enough,” said Carmen Russel-Sluchansky, Voice of Russia producer.

I cannot wait because I regularly view the RT page and youtube links. Much of their reporting is great and covers many areas our media refuses too. They also bring on guests our media would prefer to act like do not even exist to discuss issues our media ignores.

“Basically, a lot of American media will ask a Democrat and a Republican the same question and then call it a day,” said Russel-Sluchansky. “I mean, that to them is what getting both sides is.”

“It’s not about truth or lies, it’s about perspectives, and I strongly believe that the American audience will only win from a variety of perspectives,” said Andrey Bystritsky, a chairman of Voice of Russia.

This will be a great change of media perspective in this country even if only a few thousand people actually tune in.

Will you be one?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here is a video covering your topic

Interesting it's good to get an outsiders perspective

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It is sad that it has come to this...Russia coming in to report what we should have been getting from US media. I think this is a good thing, but I suppose only time will tell. We should watch this closely, as I am sure they will let us know of any attempts at censorship from the government...which is plausible. Nice thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It is kind of Ironic.
I grew up in the Regan- Bush years where you where taught to think of Russia as the Evil empire and that they had no free press like we did in the states.
Now Russia is going to be an alternative Media that covers the things that American media ignores.

---what a strange world

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Let it be a lesson that you can't trust everything your leaders or the mainstream media tells you.
The system here tried to indoctrinate me, even as a child, but as you explore the information available to you and the world alone, you get a completley different picture than the one they're selling you here.
edit on 11-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

I learned the lesson a long time ago.
I first got into conspiracy theory in 1997.
Listed to punk rock with its anti authoritarian message.
Realized the media are nothing but talking heads.
Also realized that most of what I was taught was probably a lie.
You know somethings up if people call you "The conspiracy guy"
edit on 11-6-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
good. Today Russia has better reporting than ever . While the western media is becoming more and more like Pravda and a gobbels propaganda lie machine

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I would caution that every media outlet has an agenda. I can be sure of FOX, MSNBC and CNN. RT, will also have its agenda. I've watched their programs, but many times it is decontexualized.

I see their reports online from time to time on various blogs, but I know nothing of the background. Where are their anchors from? Who sponsors and/or underwrites their programming? Youtube vids are sponsored by Youtube sponsors, but that doesn't pay the RT overhead, so to speak.

When you watch MSNBC or FOX and see advertising by GE or Lockheed or Boeing, you can be more or less assured that what you are watching during the actual "news content" segments has met the desired standards for those companies insofar as how much and what kind of war coverage will be given. The slant right or left is minuscule and insignificant, meant only to feed into party passions.

The advertising is essentially a way around saying that these companies "own" the media outlets, when in reality they foot the bill, which is the same thing.

new topics

top topics

join