It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA about to get involved in Syria ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

USA has just condemned the violence in Syria and the attacks by the Government on their own people. This is very similar to the statements that were being made just before they started to attack Libya.

With reports of possible USA attacks in Yemen with drones, and the US Government calling for Syrian Gov't to stop attacks, are the USA about to get involved in a FOURTH AND FIFTH war?

Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Syria. It's a good job that Obama got his Nobel Peace prize already. He should give it back.

Many people are already questioning how much the attacks in Libya are costing. Now with two more possible wars on the horizon, you've really got to wonder when USA will get their priorities in order.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Russia is pretty much demanding we stay out of Syria, so unless that changes there is no way in Hades this admin is going to risk going to war with Russia as well, Turkey want's to try to convince Assad to stop but they are having their own issues right now, never the less I'm sure we will stand behind and let them try to negotiate.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Didn't something like this happen shortly before Japan got their ass kicked in WW2?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Russia is pretty much demanding we stay out of Syria, so unless that changes there is no way in Hades this admin is going to risk going to war with Russia as well, Turkey want's to try to convince Assad to stop but they are having their own issues right now, never the less I'm sure we will stand behind and let them try to negotiate.

The Syrian Army is attacking towns right along the Turkish border. If there is any sort of Syrian incursion onto Turkish soil, all bets are off.

As far as the Russians go, they won't risk a War over Syria, but will probably stand in the United Nations and "strongly condemn American agression" and that will be the end of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
absolutely not.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The path it seems we are headed i would not be suprised if something like this happened anyday now.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think we should let the Syrian government slaughter every last man, woman, and child.

No really. We should do just that.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Russia is pretty much demanding we stay out of Syria.....

And Libya, Iran, Afghanistan, Western Europe, Iraq, South Korea, Japan and East Berlin etc etc etc

Ad Infinitum....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Is the USA about to get involved in Syria ?,

I doubt that they're not already involved...
But I guess you mean openly...

Yes, I think they will..
They can't really sit back after what they did in Libya IMO though I wish they would..

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why not send in UN TROOPS. Put the soldiers in blue helmets on the ground to stop the Syrian situation from becoming a bloodbath. If Russia is serious about no American intervention in Syria fine, but surely it would not object to UN Troops being placed on the ground and putting an end to the chaos. If not what is the point in having a UN if all it amounts to is a talking shop. Or as someone said to me once the UN is like a Kindergarden where world leaders rattle their rattles and have a strop when they are not fed their baby milk! World Leaders should stop thinking about their selfish agenda's and think about what they are there to do which is keep the world safe.

top topics

join