It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast UFO filmed in California

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The camera used seems to be a bit junky for CGI but that is all I can think of. Not sure what kind of crafts they have been testing, but it certainly is moving fast. Especially as it does a complete turn around, moving at an almost identical speed not a second after it's 180 degree turn.

Would enjoy to hear someone's analysis of this.

Thank you, and enjoy.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yeah i saw this a couple of days ago. It looks pretty genuine.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well, I'm pretty sure it's not CGI, but it could be a model plane that's in somewhat close proximity to the person filming. Or it could be something much cooler. Nice vid.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Having been to a number of aircraft acrobatic and racing events, I see nothing here to suggest that this is unusual. It appears that someone is putting a fast plane through some tight maneuvers.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
outstanding...more people need too get phones with camera's...then nothin will be private

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This, again is one of those on the fence ones. the sharp angel turn is cool, like a guy above me said could be a model plane, what I think is hoax-ish about it is the time of the video, or lack there of, and the utter lack of any emotion on behalf of the camera man.

idk, cool vid, but im not gonna say either way, leaning the other way though haha

thanks for sharing

Mac

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

seriously...when have you ever seen a plane that doesnt look like a plane....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)
edit on June 13th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

1- If that light was from a plane then it would be it's landing lights, reasonable enough. Problem is that the point of light does not fade out as the object is flying away from the people, which it should. Therefore it is radiating in all directions.

2- It's hard to tell how far away it is but it does seem to be making a hard bank. I can't imagine a real plane turning like that so close to the ground except for stunt planes/pilots, and I've never heard of them practicing in the dark. It's possible but not probable, given what is at stake for the pilot. If so, see point 1. The only thing I can imagine that would bank like that is a remote controlled plane nearby over the field, perhaps with a lightbulb on it so the controller can see where it is? That makes more sense.

Looks neat!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here is a close up

I have this same plane from a distance you cannot hear it at night I fool my neighbors all the time.

edit on 11-6-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Here is a close up

I have this same plane from a distance you cannot hear it at night I fool my neighbors all the time.

edit on 11-6-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

Interesting project but its not the same.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I was a pilot at stockton many years ago and back then a couple of the pilots flew RC copters when it was quiet.
its an uncontrolled field so its no prob to do so.
just a thought

Elvis
Thankyouverymuch

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I agree that it is not CGI.

However, it does look about the right speed and height of an RC aircraft. It's also staying within a small area which is common for RC aircraft with either limited radio range, or a pilot with limited range of visibility.

I think this is an RC aircraft with lights. They come in all shapes and sizes.
edit on 11-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

My vote also goes to RC. These small craft are increasingly common and inexpensive, as well as very easy to fly. Miniaturization of electronics, more sophisticated servos, and lighter composite materials in construction contribute to this increase.

And it's not just the retail market that is growing, The hobbyist has also been very busy. Those of you that have been around ATS for a while may remember this guy:

He built this craft himself in his garage and then would fly it over theme parks, concerts, outdoor malls and other similar venues. Of course, he eventually got caught (the practice was not only dangerous but very stupid) and the authorities were not too lenient in slapping him with some hefty fines.

But here's the kicker: THE GUY ADMITTED THAT HE BUILT AND FLEW THIS CRAFT OVER CROWDED AREAS SPECIFICALLY TO FOOL PEOPLE INTO THINKING THEY WERE SEEING A UFO!

Warning: always look at any such video with the eye of an unbiased investigator. Just because you might conclude that the film clip has not been altered and is not CGI does not automatically mean that is was some UFO or even a black-ops aircraft.

Especially in these days when we have a bunch of misguided fools like the clown above who purposely are trying to decieve people or have some other hidden agenda - and now, with YouBoob, the web, and small model craft fitted with powerful LEDs - the motivation for a few minutes of fame can be irresistible.

Observer beware...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I would have to say that this >> If it was me watching this UFO in progress my judgment would be on its maneuvers, speed, it's ability to hover in space for a period of time also any physical appearance would be helpful and IMO this looks like a very well could be but here is the thing the video is not all that long.

Unless it suddenly vanished like so many UFO's do ..also it's the distance which makes it so hard to really see ,, the only thing I can go by is the way it moves and the little bit of appearance .. so yes to be fair Id would say it is possible that this could of been a UFO.. But if in fact the person who recorded this could of went a bit further maybe the viewer would see that the actions of this UFO were not anything like a plane or helicopter … I call it a UFO because it is an Unidentified Flying Object..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)

edit on June 14th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe I am mistaken but I swear I can see the blinking navigation lights of an ordinary plane.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Maybe I am mistaken but I swear I can see the blinking navigation lights of an ordinary plane.

it looks like this was filmed at the airport so I wouldn't be surprised

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I believe in aliens from other planets and their form of transportation.....however....I think that on earth a lot of the Ufo's we are seeing are man-made experimental aircraft that is being tested...for what exact purposes...I am not sure....(one of them is probably military use...).

For whatever reasons....our government does not want to release specifics on these aircraft (ufo's)...maybe because right now they are only experimental....

These are theories of mine....am I right? Am I wrong....as with anything in life ...time will tell.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is very impressive footage and I think the excuse that it could be a plane performing tight tricks is a bit of a silly one. Unless its a top secret project that we are not yet privy to than I think its fair to say that what we are seeing is definitely a UFO. It seems to move intelligently, as if its being controlled and it seems to be following some sort of test flight plan (moving back and forwards performing the odd move). I'm not sure what to make of it but I highly doubt this is a flying object we know anything about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join