It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repeatedly added as a 'respected foe'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

i've reported it. the one you mentions never responds. i have noticed that particular individual appears to not like me much.

i am just going to add everyone as a foe like 17 times. maybe some mods

---------------------------------------------------------

it would be nice if people got a notification when they were 'friend-ed' just as they do when they are 'rivaled'.

i have never rivaled anyone, and find the idea of it juvenile. Clearly it is a function for people with poor coping skills.
edit on 11-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

The original purpose of the "Respected" Foe was to point out a "Worthy" opponent not simply a "Foe" hence the "Respected" part that often gets ignored. I have been foed numerous times by a few members. No big deal. I just delete the notifications and move on. The Idea of the Respected foe was not juvenile in it's inception but apparently those who foe somebody repeatedly are morons and have nothing better to do with their lives.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I honestly did not know you could make someone a rival, or add them as a friend, I thought...well I don't know what I thought, but I did not know those two functions existed.

I am in agreement that making someone your rival does seem kind of silly and senseless, a friend I can understand, but a foe seems a bit wild and unnecessary. The ignore function probably had it's place and could be useful I suppose, but I probably would not of known of it's existence either...go figure.

It's childish for someone to keep harassing another member like that, but I have noticed lately that the forums are filling up with 12 year olds, out of school for the summer and bored. I guess it will calm down and go back to normal when junior high starts back up.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Does 'foe-spamming' constitute harassment?

I can understand maybe hitting the foe button a couple of times accidentally, but when you get something like half a dozen times all with the same time stamp, there's something going on.

Maybe (and I suggested this some time ago) a flood control can be put on it, I dunno.

It could be abused, like the old ping flood on IRC.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Does 'foe-spamming' constitute harassment?

In my opinion.... yes. Not to mention that the T&C also covers "spamming".

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Absolutely it does... If not only because it's so horridly CHILDISH and definitely NOT ATS quality behavior.

Shoot me a PM with the name of the Jackwagon whose pestering you.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I've been foe'd a few times myself, and I wouldn't mind, except it is never anybody I recognize? Then, I am just overwhelmingly curious as to which one of my posts was anonymously read, not responded to, and then resulted in my foe status. The curiosity drives me nutz! Mostly because I enjoy a good confrontation, and I figure my post must have been pretty good if it resulted in being foe'd by a stranger, LOL! So, I am always dying to go back and read whichever particular post it was.

There are also a couple of prolific foe'ers around here. I remember being someone's 999th foe. I was disappointed I didn't get to be the 1000th, because I think they made a new thread celebrating their 1000th foe.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just a thought, could it be a F5 mistake? I know when I refresh a page after starring someone, I get a message that pops up quickly saying I cannot star the post or something like that, as if it keeps trying to add another star when I hit F5. I don't know if it would do the same thing after adding a foe when refreshing a page.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I suppose it could be an F5 mistake when i get it two or three times ina row. But certainly nt when he does it once a week or so.

I've sent 'springer' a u2u as per his statement to chadwick above. we'll see what happens.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

yeah, i dont mind it. I"s kinda cute. It's just when it's done several times each, once a week or so that it gets old.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
I've been wondering about that. This same individual sends me rather combative u2u's every now and then as well, but i see no way to 'alert' a u2u.

lil help?

Ah yes...

I know of what you speak and who too! He/she does the same to me, I get spammed with "respected foe" every time I come across him/her on the boards, usually followed by unwarranted u2u's that are aggressive and blatantly trying to bait me.

I've just stopped responding to him/her in the threads all together. He/she still replies to my contributions, usually with nonsense, but I don't give them the time of day.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

This was a fair while ago.

And I believe the tool who was doing it got himself banned in the end anyway, so all good!

I'll remember for next time though

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

you must have some good mojo. you got an answer to your question from an administrator in my thread, while my question got ignored.

Gotta love how that works

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I believe the answer is for you as well.

Forward the name of the Jackwagon whose pestering you .

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Your answer is from Intrepid, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And for the record, you seem to have been rather restrained ... It's one thing to engage in heated discussion with members in a thread, but sending combative u2u's is crossing the line (IMHO) I don't think that I'd take kindly to that. Hope this is resolved quickly, should not have to put up with that type of childish crap, here.

edit on 11-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

In all fairness I think Springer and Intrepid were probably directing their comments to anyone getting repeatedly foed or harassed in u2u's but as you wondered Chadwickus has got some mojo.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I've been foe'd a few times myself, and I wouldn't mind, except it is never anybody I recognize? Then, I am just overwhelmingly curious as to which one of my posts was anonymously read, not responded to, and then resulted in my foe status. The curiosity drives me nutz! Mostly because I enjoy a good confrontation, and I figure my post must have been pretty good if it resulted in being foe'd by a stranger, LOL! So, I am always dying to go back and read whichever particular post it was.

There are also a couple of prolific foe'ers around here. I remember being someone's 999th foe. I was disappointed I didn't get to be the 1000th, because I think they made a new thread celebrating their 1000th foe.
This is funny! I have been foed before, and I was like, huh? Have we ever interacted at all?
I think some people just foe based on one post they disagree with!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yep. I have a Foe I've never heard of. Ah well, such is life.
Probably didn't like my avatar or something... I know, I try...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Same here.

I have been foed by people I've never heard of or ever had any interactions with.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here's a question for a moderator or above;

why are we notified when we have been 'foed', but not when we have been friended.

IF i must choose, i'd rathr know who agrees with me than who considers me a 'rival', although i dont see why it would be only one or the other

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join