It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great little website for young chemists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So I came across this website a few months back, and just absolutely fell in love with it; I'm a chem major, and so I feel like this website will definitely catch the eye of those that are really planning on going into the field of chemistry.

www.periodicvideos.com...
edit on 10-6-2011 by ledzeppelin489 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ledzeppelin489

Awww...I was looking as my eight year old is a budding chemist...I can't seem to find all the old now illegal awesome chemistry sets we had as kids.

CJ

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Erm ... I think you just forgot to put any content because the only thing that I currently see is a blank page.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Got it! Sweet! That is really cool - need time to explore - thanks!

CJ

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489
So I came across this website a few months back, and just absolutely fell in love with it; I'm a chem major, and so I feel like this website will definitely catch the eye of those that are really planning on going into the field of chemistry.

www.periodicvideos.com...
edit on 10-6-2011 by ledzeppelin489 because: (no reason given)

SUPER ... MANY THANKS!!!!!!

S&F for this usefull information

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Fantastic link... in fact, I think this may even be useful for me (I'm studying chem for the first time at uni and kind of struggling)

S & F!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
For young chemists interested in 3D representations of molecular structures and virology imaging free software, here are a couple of links to various imaging software and tutorials. Sometimes seeing and manipulating the very building blocks chemical compounds and complex virus structure can increase the interest in the field of study.

Here, the VDM Visual Molecular Dynamics software source page is a good place to start.

This Viper PDB upload source is an easy to work full screen 3D modeling source, just hit the STRAP button near the virus image and things launch themselves.

This UCSF Chimera software I have yet to examine but it looks to provide a different and detailed visualization means.

While working 3D programs for over a decade, I always found it difficult to 'build' cellular and molecular models and just this week I started to examine these sources for actual projects I'm working on visual support on. Enjoy!
edit on 11-6-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Whoa. Thank you for those links. My little man is enthralled.

CJ

new topics

top topics

join